Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question, Part 18: Lucid Dreaming Ghost Pixie Hood Edition  (Read 186110 times)

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Ask a Simple Question, Part 18: Lucid Dreaming Ghost Pixie Hood Edition
« Reply #840 on: October 24, 2010, 04:53:18 AM »
Q 239 Since I skipped a number, I'll put on the right one now. I'm sure I know the answer, but I thought I'd ask anyways. What happens if you get evasion as a race, and then took levels of rogue, shadowdancer, monk, etc and get evasion from that? Do they overlap, or do they stack and give you Improved Evasion? Or, does it specifically have to say that it'll give you improved if you have it already?

No improved version, but...

You could take the Complete Mage variant that exchanges Evasion for Spell Reflection, so that if someone misses you with a spell, you can use send it back at them with a new attack roll. It might actually be useful if an annoying wizard is chucking Orbs of Acid or Scorching Rays at you. They do actually have to miss, so touch AC optimization would be in order.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #841 on: October 24, 2010, 04:54:07 AM »
Q 239 Since I skipped a number, I'll put on the right one now. I'm sure I know the answer, but I thought I'd ask anyways. What happens if you get evasion as a race, and then took levels of rogue, shadowdancer, monk, etc and get evasion from that? Do they overlap, or do they stack and give you Improved Evasion? Or, does it specifically have to say that it'll give you improved if you have it already?

No improved version, but...

You could take the Complete Mage variant that exchanges Evasion for Spell Reflection, so that if someone misses you with a spell, you can use send it back at them with a new attack roll. It might actually be useful if an annoying wizard is chucking Orbs of Acid or Scorching Rays at you. They do actually have to miss, so touch AC optimization would be in order.
That's what I was just looking for. Complete Mage is where it is. Good to know.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #842 on: October 24, 2010, 05:18:38 AM »
Q 240 Are there any ACFs for blackguards? Namely a replacement for Fiendish Servant.

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #843 on: October 24, 2010, 05:39:01 AM »
Q241
Where can I find a link to the Ocotpus familiar?  Alternatively, where can I find a full lits of its stats?

I've heard this familiar is from It's Wet Outside, but I never found it.

Q242
what's the Fey feat from WotC's site that's free for fey?  Where's a link to it?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 05:40:41 AM by Endarire »
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #844 on: October 24, 2010, 05:50:55 AM »
Q241
Where can I find a link to the Ocotpus familiar?  Alternatively, where can I find a full lits of its stats?

I've heard this familiar is from It's Wet Outside, but I never found it.

Q242
what's the Fey feat from WotC's site that's free for fey?  Where's a link to it?
The familiar is in Stormwrack, pg 52. It's the same octopus from the first Monster Manual.

Define "free for fey".

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #845 on: October 24, 2010, 05:51:49 AM »
Q242 II
"Free" meaning it's automatically given.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #846 on: October 24, 2010, 05:52:40 AM »
Ooh, do fey get free feats? I wonder what it is...

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #847 on: October 24, 2010, 06:30:34 AM »
Adding a question so I thought I'd bump this, and ask the other one.

Q 240 Are there any ACFs for blackguards? Namely a replacement for Fiendish Servant.

Q 243 Is there a curse, template, item, whatever, that'll permanently shrink, or temporarily shrink an outsider (preferably), or at least a non-humanoid from medium to small, or large to medium? Something like that? I know there's lot of ways to make things bigger, but only know of very specific spells that'll reduce you.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #848 on: October 24, 2010, 06:32:31 AM »
Referring to the feat on this page?

Need a noble parent, though.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #849 on: October 24, 2010, 06:35:49 AM »

Those aren't free though, right? Or did I miss the one that said it was free?

xamas

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • you did WHAT to your hair?
    • Email
« Reply #850 on: October 24, 2010, 09:07:14 AM »
Q 244 Are there any spells that make you immune to gaze attacks? i think there was an item in the MIC that did but looking for more options.

Q 245 would the bonuses gained by killing things from the feat improved energy drain, from libris mortis, stack?

thanks

xamas
Quote from: Sinfire Titan

Archivist: Its like a Wizard fucked a Cleric and stole the child. Seriously, this class is for you.

Emo_Duck

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #851 on: October 24, 2010, 11:23:24 AM »
A243: Polymorph Any Object comes to mind. A continuous item of the psionic power Compression could work as well - perhaps make it a cursed item if you don't want the subject to remove it.

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #852 on: October 24, 2010, 12:43:54 PM »
Q246: Is there any reason that an outfit or tunic can't be enchanted with armor enchantments such as Mobility? They occupy the same slot, and I kinda feel the non-armor wearers like monks get the raunchy shaft if they can't (nothing new for monks, there).
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #853 on: October 24, 2010, 01:02:33 PM »
Q 244 Are there any spells that make you immune to gaze attacks? i think there was an item in the MIC that did but looking for more options.

Shadow mask (Spell Compendium) gives you 50% immunity.  Blindsight (Spell Compendium) allows you to operate with your eyes closed. 

MK

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #854 on: October 24, 2010, 01:25:07 PM »
Okay, me again.

Are there any rules in 3.5 regarding slavery, especially buying slaves that have specific class levels? If so, where can I find them? I seem to recall there was something in the DMG about renting the services of class representatives, but when it comes to slavery, my mind is blank.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 01:27:47 PM by MK »

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #855 on: October 24, 2010, 01:31:50 PM »
Okay, me again.

Are there any rules in 3.5 regarding slavery, especially buying slaves that have specific class levels? If so, where can I find them? I seem to recall there was something in the DMG about renting the services of class representatives, but when it comes to slavery, my mind is blank.

Probably Lords of Madness.
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

lianightdemon

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #856 on: October 24, 2010, 03:53:47 PM »
Q247

A warforged psion with the adamantite body feat, can use psychic reformation to take away that feat and return to the normal +2 armour that his race normally gets. However how do you explain this in game, how does the power change the material the warforged is made of?

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #857 on: October 24, 2010, 03:54:27 PM »
Q247

A warforged psion with the adamantite body feat, can use psychic reformation to take away that feat and return to the normal +2 armour that his race normally gets. However how do you explain this in game, how does the power change the material the warforged is made of?
A WizardPsion did it.

Seriously, that's the only explanation.  A Human Psion using Psychic Reformation can suddenly sprout tentacles or wings.  Just about anyone could suddenly get really fat or really skinny.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 03:56:46 PM by snakeman830 »
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Bastian

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #858 on: October 24, 2010, 03:57:11 PM »

Those aren't free though, right? Or did I miss the one that said it was free?
Seelie Court Noble Kelir and Unseelie Court Noble Kelir are free (read their special sections).

jolt

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #859 on: October 24, 2010, 04:04:26 PM »
Q248: Does acid splash add sneak attack damage or only ray of frost as cantrip? In other words, do only rays give you the opportunity to add sneak attack or any ranged touch spell?