Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question, Part 18: Lucid Dreaming Ghost Pixie Hood Edition  (Read 186120 times)

BruceLeeroy

• Curious George
Re: Ask a Simple Question, Part 18: Lucid Dreaming Ghost Pixie Hood Edition
« Reply #540 on: October 17, 2010, 03:25:59 AM »
A162: Actually, I think you would just get a separate pool of greater turn attempts to use specifically against undead.

Ramaloke

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #541 on: October 17, 2010, 08:37:26 AM »
Q155: Is there a spell to throw a weapon?

The Launch Item spell is a cantrip that can chunk a Fine sized item up to 100 Ft + 10/Level. You could, theoretically, use this to chunk a weapon made for a Tiny creature, which would be a fine sized item (a weapon is 2 size categories smaller than the creature is was made for, but remember a two handed weapon is a one handed weapon for a creature one size larger). So a "Fine Sized Heavy Mace" would do 1d4 damage.

I find this idea very funny.
Favorite Songs
Passing Afternoon Like A Stone Wish You Where Here
~\-----------------/~

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #542 on: October 17, 2010, 09:26:05 AM »
Q163: Is there anything that prohibits a Magebred creature from becoming an animal companion?
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #543 on: October 17, 2010, 09:40:33 AM »
Q163: Is there anything that prohibits a Magebred creature from becoming an animal companion?
A 163
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #544 on: October 17, 2010, 10:19:30 AM »
A 163

I checked it and it does say that. However polar bears and dire lions are normally level 10. Of course those two examples do compare favorably to them stat wise while being 3 levels lower. So while not quite the answer I was hoping for this still summarizes my reaction:  :rollseyes :flame :plotting

And don't forget:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #545 on: October 17, 2010, 10:28:34 AM »
A 163

I checked it and it does say that. However polar bears and dire lions are normally level 10. Of course those two examples do compare favorably to them stat wise while being 3 levels lower. So while not quite the answer I was hoping for this still summarizes my reaction:  :rollseyes :flame :plotting
Huh. I didn't bother to fact-check the numbers, assuming that Wizards would have. Looking back, I should've known better. :P
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #546 on: October 17, 2010, 11:01:58 AM »
I believe there's specific text in magebred that says you can't.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #547 on: October 17, 2010, 11:46:44 AM »

I checked three times and seen nothing of the sort. So behold the pwnage. :D

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Mhirnatsu

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #548 on: October 17, 2010, 11:56:15 AM »
Deathstrike bracers (Magic Item Compendium 93) let you ignore type-based immunity for one round three times per day.  They're much nicer if your DM allows you to use the guidelines in the Dungeon Master's Guide to increase the cost to get unlimited uses per day. 
For the curious, the cost of this item would be something like 8,333.3 (repeating)

Q164 Any idea where exactly these guidelines are? I was conversing with someone and they didn't believe it would be that cheap. And thanks to all the people who answered my earlier questions

Shinji

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #549 on: October 17, 2010, 12:06:08 PM »
Q165: Can a character with Spell Turning active still cast Personal or touch range spells on him/herself?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 12:18:50 PM by Shinji »

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #550 on: October 17, 2010, 12:16:01 PM »
Deathstrike bracers (Magic Item Compendium 93) let you ignore type-based immunity for one round three times per day.  They're much nicer if your DM allows you to use the guidelines in the Dungeon Master's Guide to increase the cost to get unlimited uses per day. 
For the curious, the cost of this item would be something like 8,333.3 (repeating)

Q164 Any idea where exactly these guidelines are? I was conversing with someone and they didn't believe it would be that cheap. And thanks to all the people who answered my earlier questions

I forget the exact page, but the idea is that items are 1/day 2/day 3/day 4/day at will use, and that the cost increases at a linear rate, aka making a 3/day item at will raises the cost by 2/3rds.

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #551 on: October 17, 2010, 12:21:29 PM »
DMG, starting on page 282, under the "Create Magic Items" header. In other words, where it would make sense for them to be. :p Of the greatest interest for the specific situation is table 7-33: Estimating Magic Item Gold Piece Values, on page 285.

cru

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #552 on: October 17, 2010, 01:19:35 PM »
Look again.
ECS, p. 37: A druid or ranger may never acquire a magebred animal as a companion. Most druids and rangers are ambivalent toward such creatures, while some consider magebred animals to be corruptions of nature.

Then again, Five Nations, p. 75 changes this to:
A druid from Breland of 7th level or higher or a ranger from Breland of 14th level or higher may select a magebred brown bear as her animal companion instead of a polar bear.
A druid from Breland of 7th level or higher or a ranger from Breland of 14th level or higher may select a magebred ghost tiger as her animal companion instead of a dire lion.

MrBumberdumble

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #553 on: October 17, 2010, 01:36:24 PM »
Q 166: What non-campaign specific deities have access to the Time and Travel domains?  (Specifically, I'm wondering how one can access the Time domain, in addition to sacrificing the Travel domain in order to get the Travel Devotion feat)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 01:53:38 PM by MrBumberdumble »

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #554 on: October 17, 2010, 01:55:31 PM »
Look again.
ECS, p. 37: A druid or ranger may never acquire a magebred animal as a companion. Most druids and rangers are ambivalent toward such creatures, while some consider magebred animals to be corruptions of nature.

Then again, Five Nations, p. 75 changes this to:
A druid from Breland of 7th level or higher or a ranger from Breland of 14th level or higher may select a magebred brown bear as her animal companion instead of a polar bear.
A druid from Breland of 7th level or higher or a ranger from Breland of 14th level or higher may select a magebred ghost tiger as her animal companion instead of a dire lion.

Yay for stealth errata!

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #555 on: October 17, 2010, 03:09:51 PM »
Q 167 a. Is there any way to get your armor bonus (from armor) to touch attacks?
         b. Is there any way to get your shield bonus (from shield) to touch attacks?
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #556 on: October 17, 2010, 03:10:58 PM »
Q 167 a. Is there any way to get your armor bonus (from armor) to touch attacks?

Ghost Touch (MIC) will add the enhancement bonuses (but not the base AC) as a touch AC bonus.

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #557 on: October 17, 2010, 03:48:44 PM »
The feats deflective armor (Races of Stone), parrying shield (Lords of Madness), and shield ward (Player's Handbook II). 

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #558 on: October 17, 2010, 04:05:55 PM »

Ghost Touch (MIC) will add the enhancement bonuses (but not the base AC) as a touch AC bonus.
You mean Ghost Ward.  Ghost Touch is in the DMG (+3 bonus, applies to Incorporeal attacks).
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #559 on: October 17, 2010, 04:14:05 PM »
Q160:How high can I get the spellcraft modifier by level 21?
I know about Item familiar,skill focus,magical aptidude ,maybe an item that gives competence bonus and masterwork Item.....
The epic feat is allready taken(epic spellcasting)
What else can boost spellcraft?The character would have to cast ninth level spells so prestige classes that lose up to 4 caster levels are acceptable.....

Bump....