Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question, Part 18: Lucid Dreaming Ghost Pixie Hood Edition  (Read 186111 times)

cru

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Ask a Simple Question, Part 18: Lucid Dreaming Ghost Pixie Hood Edition
« Reply #300 on: October 11, 2010, 07:26:28 AM »
A103: d20srd says:

By default, feats have prerequisites and they must be met. Bonus feat is a type of feats. I.e., bonus feats also have prerequisites that must be met, unless specified otherwise.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #301 on: October 11, 2010, 07:48:10 AM »
A103: d20srd says:

By default, feats have prerequisites and they must be met. Bonus feat is a type of feats. I.e., bonus feats also have prerequisites that must be met, unless specified otherwise.
Yes, the example you gave with the monk is a specific case overriding a general rule (sadly, as my Bards don't get to swap out Inspire Competence for Song of the Heart  :()

bananaphone

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • ring ring ring ring ring ring ring...
« Reply #302 on: October 11, 2010, 08:01:42 AM »
Yes, the example you gave with the monk is a specific case overriding a general rule (sadly, as my Bards don't get to swap out Inspire Competence for Song of the Heart  :()
Ha!  This is precisely what I was trying to see if I could get for my bard.   :D
I tend to read rules more conservatively though when they are unclear (safer that way), so I didn't think I'd get it, but I figured that I would ask, since I've seen some people claim that bonus feats are exempt from prerequisite rules.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #303 on: October 11, 2010, 08:16:47 AM »
Well, there are feats that definitely are (see: domain feats such as war domain, the soulknife's weapon focus).  If the rule said " select that feat" instead of " select or use that feat" everything would be hunky dory.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #304 on: October 11, 2010, 09:40:19 AM »
Q104
If you take a PrC that advances casting of an existing class, and then for some reason you later lose one of the prereqs to enter the class, do you lose the spellcasting levels granted by this class?
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #305 on: October 11, 2010, 09:50:10 AM »
Q104
If you take a PrC that advances casting of an existing class, and then for some reason you later lose one of the prereqs to enter the class, do you lose the spellcasting levels granted by this class?
Yes.  Can't locate a quote at the moment (probably Comp Warrior page 17), but AFAK you keep only your HD, skills, BAB, and BSB's.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

bananaphone

« Reply #306 on: October 11, 2010, 10:00:24 AM »
A:104
ksbsnowowl is correct.  (It's on Complete Warrior page 16 by the way.)
Meeting Class Requirements: [spoiler]...
If a character no longer meets the requirements for a
prestige class, he or she loses the benefit of any class features
or other special abilities granted by the class. The character
retains Hit Dice gained from advancing in the class as well as
any improvements to base attack bonus and base save bonuses
that the class provided.[/spoiler]

bananaphone

« Reply #307 on: October 11, 2010, 10:02:50 AM »
Q105:
How would the Thunderous Throw ability of the Bloodstorm Blade prestige class interact with the Weak Spot ability of the Master Thrower prestige class?
Would this allow me to treat my attacks as melee, but use a ranged touch attack instead?  Would they cancel each other out?

Thunderous Throw
[spoiler]As a swift action, you can choose to treat your ranged attack rolls with thrown weapons as melee attacks for the rest of your turn.
You use your melee attack bonus, including Strength bonus, feats, and so forth, to determine your attack bonus for each attack as normal, but you apply the standard modifiers for range penalties.
Attacking into melee, through cover, and so forth incurs the standard penalties.
[/spoiler]

Weak Spot
[spoiler]When using a thrown weapon against a target of her size or larger, the character can make a ranged touch attack instead of a normal attack.
If the attack hits, the master thrower does not apply her Strength bonus to the damage.[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #308 on: October 11, 2010, 10:38:21 AM »
Q104
Yes.  Can't locate a quote at the moment (probably Comp Warrior page 17), but AFAK you keep only your HD, skills, BAB, and BSB's.
That's what I thought.  This is why I always think it's weird to see builds proposed where someone meets a prereq via a magical item. It just seems like you're begging to be hella nerfed when you get smacked with a Dispel Magic or something.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

Zym

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #309 on: October 11, 2010, 11:56:38 AM »
Q106

Is there a resource or handbook that lists PrC's that give Spellcasting 1st to 9th, as with the Ur-Priest?

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #310 on: October 11, 2010, 12:57:03 PM »
Q106

Is there a resource or handbook that lists PrC's that give Spellcasting 1st to 9th, as with the Ur-Priest?

A106
Apostle of Peace, Divine Crusader, Sublime Chord, Blighter are I believe the only other ones.
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #311 on: October 11, 2010, 12:59:47 PM »
Q106

A106
Apostle of Peace, Divine Crusader, Sublime Chord, Blighter are I believe the only other ones.
A106b Beholder Mage does as well...but we all know how well that one goes with DMs.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #312 on: October 11, 2010, 01:07:55 PM »
Q106

A106

I think beholder mage is one too....

Here this thread has everything you need....

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=8664.0

edit:Ninjaed...... :D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 01:12:49 PM by betrayor »

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #313 on: October 11, 2010, 01:54:12 PM »
107) Q: I was under the impression that Racial bonuses stacked, particularly from base creature and templates.  Looking at the Stacking rules they do not.  Is there a rule somewhere on template racial bonuses stacking?
Placeholder - T'tosc

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #314 on: October 11, 2010, 02:23:32 PM »
Q102: If I take four levels of the ghost progression, assuming I take them every few levels in order to buy off say, 3 of them, does that mean I am now Ghost 1/Something X? but with the abilities of a Ghost 4?  Halp.
You're a ghost 4/Something X, but with an ECL of X+1.

Same as if you'd bought off three levels of a normal +4 LA.

So in a 20th level party you would be Ghost 4/Something 19?

Q108: I lose all my class features if I stop being Lawful.  How do I get Pounce?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 02:57:05 PM by Sobolev »
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Quote from: Negative Zero on November 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #315 on: October 11, 2010, 02:28:34 PM »
Q105:
How would the Thunderous Throw ability of the Bloodstorm Blade prestige class interact with the Weak Spot ability of the Master Thrower prestige class?
Would this allow me to treat my attacks as melee, but use a ranged touch attack instead?  Would they cancel each other out?

Thunderous Throw
[spoiler]As a swift action, you can choose to treat your ranged attack rolls with thrown weapons as melee attacks for the rest of your turn.
You use your melee attack bonus, including Strength bonus, feats, and so forth, to determine your attack bonus for each attack as normal, but you apply the standard modifiers for range penalties.
Attacking into melee, through cover, and so forth incurs the standard penalties.
[/spoiler]

Weak Spot
[spoiler]When using a thrown weapon against a target of her size or larger, the character can make a ranged touch attack instead of a normal attack.
If the attack hits, the master thrower does not apply her Strength bonus to the damage.[/spoiler]

Theoretically, you should be able to apply the two features in the order that benefits you the most. The most favorable reading would have you attacking with a melee touch attack.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

strider24seven

« Reply #316 on: October 11, 2010, 03:19:49 PM »
Q102: If I take four levels of the ghost progression, assuming I take them every few levels in order to buy off say, 3 of them, does that mean I am now Ghost 1/Something X? but with the abilities of a Ghost 4?  Halp.
You're a ghost 4/Something X, but with an ECL of X+1.

Same as if you'd bought off three levels of a normal +4 LA.

So in a 20th level party you would be Ghost 4/Something 19?

Q108: I lose all my class features if I stop being Lawful.  How do I get Pounce?
Feral Template, but that doesn't help you very much.

Get a spellcaster to cast Polymorph or Shapechange on you (the big cats are good for pounce).

I recommend a Psychoactive Skin of Proteus from the SRD.  That way you can change shape every round. 

LunaticsLament

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #317 on: October 11, 2010, 04:56:14 PM »
Q108  Where can I find the build info for the original Mr. Icy Hot?
"The capacity of the human mind for swallowing nonsense and spewing it forth in violent and repressive action has never yet been plumbed. "
~Robert Heinlein

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #318 on: October 11, 2010, 05:41:01 PM »
Q108  Where can I find the build info for the original Mr. Icy Hot?
I HAVE IT SAVED IN WORDPAD! Damned if I can remember the original author right now, though.

Here you go:[spoiler]Important: I am assuming that when taking levels in Walker in the Waste you do not assume the LA of the Dry Lich template. This has been argued to death, and I understand both sides of the issue. I just don't think it's worthy of argueing about anymore: this is a RAI area, not RAW.

The original build here (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=452344)was rather dirty and un-polished, so I thought I would post the most current form of him.(And to-date most optimized version of him)

What this build is:

Mr. Icy Hot is an incredibly powerful cleric build that is meant to be played at a table-top session. He is not a game-breaker like Pun Pun or the swarm mage fellow, but he is a powerhouse in his own right. Read on if you've ever wanted a powerful melee/ranged/tank/primary caster build.

Some CharOp board members have issues with the build, but a majority do not.

I assume that the Walker in the Waste prestige class does not give you a +5 level adjustment at the 10th level of it. If your DM sees things differently, than Mr. Icy Hot isn't for you. Make sure to point out to your DM that Dragon Disciples don't assume the LA of the half-dragon template at tenth level.(this is confirmed in the official DnD 3.5 FAQ)

I use the written rules of the Monk's Belt from the DMG which grants Wisdom to AC. If your DM sees things differently, then a +5 Mithril Breastplate and +5 heavy shield by level 20 can nicely replace it, but your touch AC will leave something to be desired.

In this build I qualify Mr. Icy Hot for the Walker in the Waste prestige class by 4th level- but this particular item isn't important at all.(Since the build is essentially Cleric 10 and Walker in the Waste 10, you can just wait & take walker at 6th level, though the build gets significantly stronger after Walker 10 has been reached)

Now that those nasty items are out of the way(and only one actually would invalidate the build!), on to the good stuff.

A taste of what is to come:
For ending stats of:

BAB: 20 [[Divine Power sets to Character level]]

hp: 404 [[undead hit dice(12+6.5*19)+divine power(18)+necrotic empowerment(100)+unholy toughness from dry lich template(7 * 20)+Algid Enhancement 4.5+6]]

With typical armor/shield:
AC: 51 [[10+17(Natural Armor)+1(Dex)-1 (size)+10(magical breastplate)+7(magical shield), +7 deflection Algid Enhancement]]
natural armor: base 1 +2 rigteous Might + 5 dry lich + 8 necrotic empowerment+1 Visage of Deity
touch 17
flat footed 50

...or with monk's belt: (ie- without armor/shield & with magical vestment cast)

AC 54
Touch AC 32
Flat-footed AC 53

Bat-like wings and fly speed of 60ft(ave maneuverability)
Damage reduction 9/good
Damage reduction 10/magic and bludgeoning
Fast healing 2(in arid environment)
undead immunities
immunity to cold
immunity to fire
resistance 10 to acid, electricty
Spell Resistance 25

Str: 28 [[base 12+6 Divine Power+2(dry lich)+4 Visage of Deity, greater]]
Dex: 24 [[base 12+8(Necrotic Empowerment)+4 Visage of Deity, greater]]
Con: -- [[base 12+2(righteous might), then there is no con due to lichdom]]
Int: 22 [[base 10+8(Necrotic Empowerment)+4 Visage of Deity, greater]]
Wis: 40 [[base 18+4(dry lich)+8(Necrotic Empowerment)+5 ability ups+5 inherient]]
Cha: 24 [[base 14+2(dry lich) + 6(enhancement/cloak of charisma)+2 Visage of Deity, greater]]

Mr. Icy Hot(Reborn)
Books required: Complete Warrior, Libris Mortis, Sandstorm, Frostburn, Complete Divine, Complete Arcane, Core books. All non-core material is referenced in the post below.
Race: Asherati (Sandstorm)
Build: Cleric 10/Walker in the Waste (Sandstorm) 10
Domains: Sand (Sandstorm), Planning (Complete Warrior)

Stats:

36 point buy

Str: 12
Dex: 12
Con: 12
Int: 10
Wis: 18
Cha: 14

Build with feats:

Cleric 1 Heat Endurance (Sandstorm-[Racial]), Extend Spell(Domain Bonus), Extra Turning
Cleric 2
Cleric 3 Persistant Spell (Complete Arcane) (Character 3rd)
Cleric 3/Walker in the Waste 1
Cleric 3/Walker in the Waste 2
Cleric 3/Walker in the Waste 3 Divine Metamagic(Persistant Spell)Complete Divine (Character 6th) [[Divine Favor Persisted]]
Cleric 3/Walker in the Waste 4
Cleric 3/Walker in the Waste 5 [[Divine Power Persisted]]
Cleric 3/Walker in the Waste 6 Craft Wondrous Item(Character 9th)
Cleric 3/Walker in the Waste 7 [[Righteous Might Persisted]]
Cleric 3/Walker in the Waste 8
Cleric 3/Walker in the Waste 9 Mother CystLibris Mortis(Character 12th) [[Mantle of the Icy SoulFrostburn]] [[Visage of the DeityComplete Divine Persisted]] [[Cast Algid EnhancementFrostburn]]
Cleric 3/Walker in the Waste 10
Cleric 4/Walker in the Waste 10
Cleric 5/Walker in the Waste 10 Extra Turning
Cleric 6/Walker in the Waste 10
Cleric 7/Walker in the Waste 10 [[Necrotic EmpowermentLibris Mortis Persisted in place of Divine Favor]]
Cleric 8/Walker in the Waste 10 Leadership (Or Zen Archery or Power Attack?)
Cleric 9/Walker in the Waste 10 [[Mantle of the Firey SoulSandstorm]] [[Greater Visage of the DeityComplete Divine Persisted in place of Visage of the Deity]]
Cleric 10/Walker in the Waste 10

General Equipment: (when you need to buy it)

Probable Weaponry:
Morning Star, 8 gp
Heavy Steel Shield, 20 gp
whatever armor

Or: Monk's Belt. With 40 Wis that's a +16 to AC, and with Magical Vestment that's a +4 on top of that.

Needed for Divine Metamagic:

8th:Nightstick 7,200gp((only necessary if you want both divine power and favor))
10th: Nightstick 7,200gp((for Righteous Might))
17th level: Cloak of Charisma +6 36,000gp ((for necrotic Empowerment))
18th level: 4 Nightsticks 28,800 gp ((for leadership tricks//buffing(see equipped build)))

Needed for Dry Lich template: (Canopic Jars)
12th level:Baboon Jar, Jackal Jar(20,000 gp crafting)
13th level:Vulture Jar, Falcon Jar, Human Jar.(30,000 gp crafting)

I have not played any games above 10th level or so since 3.5 came out(not playing D&D like I used to), so I'm not the best person to get advice from regarding equipment that is useful to clerics. Regardless, here are a list of the buffs you get: (and when you get them)

6th: Divine Favor: +1 to attack rolls & weapon damage per three caster levels(+3 max)
8th: Divine Power: +6 str/+1 hp per caster level & BAB becomes your character level
9th: Righteous Might: Become large sized, +4 str, +2 con, +2 natural armor, -1 to attack(size), -1 to ac(size), damage reduction:3/good
12th caster level: 6/good
15th caster level: 9/good
12th: Immune to cold
12th: Algid Enhancement: Ends up being +1d8 +7 hp, +8 deflection AC, +8 enhancement to hit
13th: Dry Lich Template(hit die increased to d12, lots of buffs(too many to mention here))
17th: Necrotic EmpowermentLibris Mortis: + 8 Dex/Int/Wis/Natural Armor, +5 Fort Save, +100 hp.
19th: Immune to fire
19th: Greater Visage of Deity. Fly speed of 60ft, +1 natural armor, resistance 10 electricty, acid, spell resistance 25, +4 str, +4 dex, +4 int, +2 cha

For ending stats of:

hp: 404 [[undead hit dice(12+6.5*19)+divine power(18)+necrotic empowerment(100)+unholy toughness from dry lich template(7 * 20)+Algid Enhancement 4.5+6]]

AC: 51 [[10+17(Natural Armor)+1(Dex)-1 (size)+10(magical breastplate)+7(magical shield), +7 deflection Algid Enhancement]]
natural armor: base 1 +2 rigteous Might + 5 dry lich + 8 necrotic empowerment+1 Visage of Deity
touch 17
flat footed 50

or with monk's belt: (ie- without armor/shield & with magical vestment cast)

54, 32 touch, 53 flat footed.

Bat-like wings and fly speed of 60ft(ave maneuverability)
Damage reduction 9/good
undead immunities
immunity to cold
immunity to fire
resistance 10 to acid, electricty
Spell Resistance 25

Str: 24 [[base 12+6 Divine Power+2(dry lich)+4 Visage of Deity, greater]]
Dex: 24 [[base 12+8(Necrotic Empowerment)+4 Visage of Deity, greater]]
Con: -- [[base 12+2(righteous might), then there is no con due to lichdom]]
Int: 22 [[base 10+8(Necrotic Empowerment)+4 Visage of Deity, greater]]
Wis: 46 [[base 18+4(dry lich)+8(Necrotic Empowerment)+5 ability ups+5 inherient+6 enhancement]]
Cha: 24 [[base 14+2(dry lich) + 6(enhancement/cloak of charisma)+2 Visage of Deity, greater]]

There is quite a bit of free spending money for fancy magical armor&shield, or a weapon of your choosing, etc,etc...and if you give him combat expertise & improved combat expertise as one of his ending feats, he could easily boost his AC by 20 and be the parties tank :) (albeit late in the game to become the mega tank, it's still a fun idea)

Also, you can easily Gestalt this guy since he has 7 free levels at the end that are prestige-class free.

------------------------
------------------------
------------------------
------------------------

A fully equipped Mr. Icy Hot:

Fill in Leadership as one of the empty feats up there and one more extra turning feat. You'll see why in a minute.

Level 20:

760,000 gp

Necessary:

50,000gp- Canopic Jars
14,400gp- 2 Nightsticks
36,000gp- Cloak of Charisma +6

Left: 659,600 gp

+5 Mithral Breastplate- 29,200
+5 Heavy Steel Shield- 25,170

+5 Morning Star, Flaming and Frost- 98,000gp

506,910 gp left

2 Bracelets of Spell SharingDMG2- 120,000 gp
3 more Nightsticks- 21,600gp

365,310 gp left

belt of str +6, 36,000
Periapt of wis +6, 36,000

293,310 gp left

Tome of Understanding +5(why not?)-137,500gp

155,810gp left

karma beads - 20,000gp

135,810gp left

Now, get a cohort of your choosing. Using your 2 pairs of bracelets of Spell sharing(only need 1 bracelet per person to work, can put a bracelet on both hands) use them to share a casting of persistant Necrotic Empowerment and Rigteous Might.(Divine Power if cohort is not a combat type) Use the remaining gold to outfit your cohort. The braclets divide the duration of the persistant spells by two, but that's what the extra nightsticks are for.

Now your stats are as follows:

hp: 405 [[undead hit dice(12+6.5*19)+divine power(18)+necrotic empowerment(100)+unholy toughness from dry lich template(7 * 20)+Algid Enhancement 4.5+7]]

AC: 56 [[10+17(Natural Armor)+5(Dex)-1 (size)+10(Breastplate)+7(heavy shield)+ 8 deflection Algid Enhancement]]
natural armor: base 1 +2 rigteous Might + 5 dry lich + 8 necrotic empowerment + 1 Greater Visage of Deity

Damage reduction 9/good
undead immunities
60 ft fly(ave) : bat wings
resistance 10 to acid and electricity
SR 25

Str: 30 [[base 12+6 Divine Power+2(dry lich)+4 Greater Visage of Deity +6(enhancement)]]
Dex: 24 [[base 12+8(Necrotic Empowerment)+4 Greater visage of Deity]]
Con: - [[base 12+2(righteous might)-- but there is none since you're a lich]]
Int: 22 [[base 10+8(Necrotic Empowerment)+4 greater visage of deity]]
Wis: 46 [[base 18+4(dry lich)+8(Necrotic Empowerment)+5 ability ups+6 enhancement+5 inherient]]
Cha: 24 [[base 14+2(dry lich) + 6(enhancement)+2 greater visage of deity]]

Melee damage:

2d6 Piercing/Bludgeoning + 1d6 Fire + 1d6 Cold + 12(strength) + +5(+5 weapon)= 31 dmg per hit. 4 attacks per round translates to 136 damage per round in melee, if I hit
Attack bonus of +45/+40/+35/+30 ( 20(BAB)+5(magic)+12(strength)+8 Algid Enhancement)

Ranged Damage: (Warning: I'm using a +5 Composite(+9) Str Longbow for these calculations. It costs 51,300 gp)

With Zen Archery he gets a ranged attack of +44/+39/+34/+29.(20BAB+15wis+8 Algid Enhancement+5(magic)-4(non proficient) Make it a +5 longbow and that's 2d6+14 damage a shot(9str+5 enhancement) (we're assuming a Composite(+9str) Longbow is possible). 84 damage per round ranged.

Then on top of that you could have a cohort that is necrotic empowered/divine power'd.(but sacrifice the ranged capabilities)

His spells have a DC of 25 + Spell level(so level 9 spells have a DC of 34). ((10+15wis))

If you don't want to mess with leadership, I suppose Zen Archery wouldn't be a bad feat choice either(though it isn't technically a cleric archer build, he could be with that high wis and str and BAB) Dedicate some funds to a sweet bow and you'll have at least a +40 to attack, even though you're non-proficient! (20 BAB+15(Wis)-4(Not Proficeint)+5 enhancement) Damage with a composite longbow would be 1d8+9, and you're attack ratings would go +44/+39/+34/+29.

Another alternative to Zen Archery/Leadership is power attack. Your attack bonus is pretty big by the end of the build, so sacrificing attack bonus for +2 damage a shot is a pretty good deal.(+2 per 1 sac since monk's belt lets you wield your weapon two handed) ~ Thanks GaffeR for the catch

Other thanks: Thanks to FriendlyFrog for pointing out the Algid Enhancement(I doubt I would ever have found it otherwise), and thanks to Prominence for pointing me to the final prestige class of the build.(after an incredibly long wait for such a decision to be made)[/spoiler]
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

PhaedrusXY

• Organ Grinder
  • Advanced Spambot
« Reply #319 on: October 11, 2010, 05:45:22 PM »
McJarvis was the creator of MrIcyHot, IIRC.
[spoiler]
A couple of water benders, a dike, a flaming arrow, and a few barrels of blasting jelly?

Sounds like the makings of a gay porn film.
...thanks
[/spoiler]