Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question, Part 18: Lucid Dreaming Ghost Pixie Hood Edition  (Read 186136 times)

Talore

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Viking Skald
    • Email
Re: Ask a Simple Question, Part 18: Lucid Dreaming Ghost Pixie Hood Edition
« Reply #240 on: October 09, 2010, 03:12:37 AM »
Probably standard.  It'd be best to have a raven familiar fly over as a move action and drop it as a free action.
I usually just get the party Big Dumb Fighter to throw an everlasting torch, but the candle/familiar thing looks better. Honestly, Pyrotechnics is one of my favourite second-level spells.
Pyrotechnics extinguishes the fire source, so that sounds expensive.
If you read the entry in Pyrotechnics, magical fires aren't extinguished. Interesting of note is that a fire-based creature used as the 'flame' takes 1 damage per caster level XD
Backseat moderator (voice) -_-

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #241 on: October 09, 2010, 03:13:07 AM »
Bump
Q 90 Can you make a metamagic rod for any metamagic feat? Like say a metamagic rod of fell drain?

Q 91 After 20th level, can a wizard still add two spells per level to their book for free?
EDIT: Adding another one...
Q 92 Am I reading it right that a bat swarm does not take any weapon damage? So in other words, spells (touch, area, etc) are the only way to hurt them?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 03:38:07 AM by kevin_video »
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #242 on: October 09, 2010, 03:18:10 AM »
Probably standard.  It'd be best to have a raven familiar fly over as a move action and drop it as a free action.
I usually just get the party Big Dumb Fighter to throw an everlasting torch, but the candle/familiar thing looks better. Honestly, Pyrotechnics is one of my favourite second-level spells.
If you read the entry in Pyrotechnics, magical fires aren't extinguished. Interesting of note is that a fire-based creature used as the 'flame' takes 1 damage per caster level XD

Riiiiiiiiiight.

Though continual flames don't create any heat or use oxygen, so it might not count as a real fire.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Talore

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Viking Skald
    • Email
« Reply #243 on: October 09, 2010, 03:23:57 AM »

Riiiiiiiiiight.

Though continual flames don't create any heat or use oxygen, so it might not count as a real fire.
It can use fire-based creatures... including elementals... who don't need to breathe (oxygen)... and can sustain their flames in an oxygen-less environment, so it'd be safe to say that unorthodox fires can be used (like everburning torches)
Backseat moderator (voice) -_-

Widow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #244 on: October 09, 2010, 03:44:36 AM »
Is there any way that a divine caster can get the full benefit of an arcane only prestige class. For example is there any way a Fighter 1/Cleric 5 can take levels in Eldritch Knight and actually advance casting?

A87  There is no easy way, the closest I can come up with is the Eldrich Master PrC from Dragon number 280.  After 4 levels it allows you to add another classes spell list to your own and all of these spells are cast as arcane spells.  Only downside is it requires you to have the ability to cast arcane spells (no spell level or caster level, just the ability), but it does not specify that an arcane class must cast the spells.  The regional feat from faerun grants arcane casting, southern magician, or one level in a casting class. 

Duskblade 1/Cleric 4/Eldrich Master 4

This would make the cleric both an arcane and divine spell casting class, but that is a big level commitment.  Eldrich Master does progress any classes spell casting, but mystic theurge can double you up if you can apply both to cleric.

Q92

Polymorphing yourself into an animal followed by awakened animal trick has been around for awhile.  The question is how to peel off the HD after you cast the spell?  Energy drain can result in level loss so...

So if you were level 15, awaken for +2HD, and energy drain yourself, what happens?  I would think you would loss the 2 animal HD first but the xp adjustment could be a problem and set you back to 13th.

Any takers?

TC X0 Lt 0X

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #245 on: October 09, 2010, 04:22:29 AM »
Q93
What are simple ways to boost Spellcraft extremely high?
I am developing Epic Spell here so every point counts.

EDIT:
I just realized I have an infinite swarm of Psicrystals that can use Aid Another.
Nevermind...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 04:47:41 AM by TC X0 Lt 0X »
"Never beg, you earn, by winning,
or else you won't get anything..."

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #246 on: October 09, 2010, 05:35:46 AM »
Q86

A86
I wasn't able to find any, but you can try your luck at : http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/index.php , which is a database of every 3.5 D&D spell.

I poked around that site a bit.  Here's what I could find for spells that boost ability scores:

Str
[spoiler]
Absorb Strength: Corrupt 4; +1/4 [creature's str] str (enh), +1/4 [creature's con] con (enh), Book of Vile Darkness 84
Abyssal Might: Cleric 4, sorcerer/wizard 4; +2 str (enh), +2 dex (enh), +2 con (enh), Book of Vile Darkness 84
Animalistic Power: Cleric 2, druid 2, ranger 2, sorcerer/wizard 2; +2 str (enh), +2 dex (enh), +2 con (enh), Player's Handbook II 101
Animalistic Power, Mass: Cleric 7, druid 7, sorcerer/wizard 7; +2 str (enh), +2 dex (enh), +2 con (enh), Player's Handbook II 101
Aura of Vitality: Druid 7; +4 str (moral), +4 dex (moral), +4 con (moral), Spell Compendium 18
Bear's Heart: Cleric 5, druid 4; +4 str (enh), Defenders of the Faith 81
Bite of the Werebear: Druid 6, sorcerer/wizard 7; +16 str (enh), +2 dex (enh), +8 con (enh), Spell Compendium 28
Bite of the Wereboar: Druid 4, sorcerer/wizard 5; +4 str (enh), +6 con (enh), Spell Compendium 28
Bite of the Weretiger: Druid 5, sorcerer/wizard 6; +12 str (enh), +4 dex (enh), +6 con (enh), Spell Compendium 28
Bite of the Werewolf: Druid 3, sorcerer/wizard 4; +2 str (enh), +4 dex (enh), +4 con (enh), Spell Compendium 29
Bull's Strength: Cleric 2, druid 2, paladin 2, sorcerer/wizard 2, strength 2; +4 str (enh), Player's Handbook 207
Bull's Strength, Mass: Cleric 6, druid 6, sorcerer/wizard 6; +4 str (enh), Player's Handbook 207
City's Might: City 8; [+2 to +10] str (enh), [+2 to +10] con (enh), Races of Destiny 165
Crown of Might: Cleric 3, sorcerer/wizard 3; [+2 or +8] str (enh), Player's Handbook II 108
Curse of the Brute: Cleric 3, paladin 2; +x [str or dex or con] (enh), -x int, -x cha, Defenders of the Faith 84
Death Knell: Cleric 2, death 2; +2 str (untyped), Player's Handbook 217
Divine Power: Cleric 4, war 4; +6 str (enh), Player's Handbook 224
Draconic Might: Paladin 4, sorcerer/wizard 5; +4 str (enh), +4 con (enh), +4 cha (enh), Spell Compendium 72
Elation: Bard 2, cleric 2, joy 2, sorcerer/wizard 3; +2 str (moral), +2 dex (moral), Book of Exalted Deeds 98
Enhanced Shifting: Druid 3; +2 shifter trait ability bonus (untyped), Races of Eberron 184
Fist of Stone: Sorcerer/wizard 1; +6 str (enh), Spell Compendium 94
Gutwrench: Sorcerer/wizard 8; +4 str (enh), Book of Vile Darkness 97
Rage: Bard 2, sorcerer/wizard 3; +2 str (moral), +2 con (moral), Player's Handbook 268
Righteous Fury: Paladin 3; +2 str (enh), +2 dex (enh), Magic of Faerun 114
Strength of Stone: Paladin 2; +[1d4+1] str (enh), Magic of Faerun 125
Valiant Fury: Courage 5; +4 str (moral), +4 con (moral), Complete Warrior 118
Visage of the Deity, Greater: Cleric 9, competition 9, mysticism 9, purification 9; [+4 str, +2 dex, +4 con, +2 int, +4 wis, +4 cha] or [+4 str, +4 dex, +2 con, +4 int, +2 cha] (all untyped), Spell Compendium 231
[/spoiler]

Dex
[spoiler]
Abyssal Might: Cleric 4, sorcerer/wizard 4; +2 str (enh), +2 dex (enh), +2 con (enh), Book of Vile Darkness 84
Animalistic Power: Cleric 2, druid 2, ranger 2, sorcerer/wizard 2; +2 str (enh), +2 dex (enh), +2 con (enh), Player's Handbook II 101
Animalistic Power, Mass: Cleric 7, druid 7, sorcerer/wizard 7; +2 str (enh), +2 dex (enh), +2 con (enh), Player's Handbook II 101
Aura of Vitality: Druid 7; +4 str (moral), +4 dex (moral), +4 con (moral), Spell Compendium 18
Bite of the Werebear: Druid 6, sorcerer/wizard 7; +16 str (enh), +2 dex (enh), +8 con (enh), Spell Compendium 28
Bite of the Wererat: Druid 2, sorcerer/wizard 3; +6 dex (enh), +2 con (enh), Spell Compendium 28
Bite of the Weretiger: Druid 5, sorcerer/wizard 6; +12 str (enh), +4 dex (enh), +6 con (enh), Spell Compendium 28
Bite of the Werewolf: Druid 3, sorcerer/wizard 4; +2 str (enh), +4 dex (enh), +4 con (enh), Spell Compendium 29
Cat's Grace: Bard 2, druid 2, ranger 2, sorcerer/wizard 2; +4 dex (enh), Player's Handbook 208
Cat's Grace, Mass: Bard 6, druid 6, sorcerer/wizard 6; +4 dex (enh), Player's Handbook 208
Curse of the Brute: Cleric 3, paladin 2; +x [str or dex or con] (enh), -x int, -x cha, Defenders of the Faith 84
Divine Agility: Cleric 5; +10 dex (enh), Spell Compendium 69
Elation: Bard 2, cleric 2, joy 2, sorcerer/wizard 3; +2 str (moral), +2 dex (moral), Book of Exalted Deeds 98
Enhanced Shifting: Druid 3; +2 shifter trait ability bonus (untyped), Races of Eberron 184
Grace: Bard 2, cleric 3; +2 dex (sacred), Spell Compendium 107
Nightstalker's Transformation: Sorcerer/wizard 5: +4 dex (enh), Complete Advenurer 155
Nixie's Grace: Bard 6; +6 dex (enh), +2 wis (enh), +8 cha (enh), Spell Compendium 148
Siren's Grace: Bard 4, druid 5; +4 dex (enh), +4 cha (enh), http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fw/20040131a
Visage of the Deity, Greater: Cleric 9, competition 9, mysticism 9, purification 9; [+4 str, +2 dex, +4 con, +2 int, +4 wis, +4 cha] or [+4 str, +4 dex, +2 con, +4 int, +2 cha] (all untyped), Spell Compendium 231
[/spoiler]

Con
[spoiler]
Absorb Strength: Corrupt 4; +1/4 [creature's str] str (enh), +1/4 [creature's con] con (enh), Book of Vile Darkness 84
Bear's Endurance: Cleric 2, druid 2, ranger 2, sorcerer/wizard 2; +4 con (enh), Player's Handbook 203
Bear's Endurance: Cleric 6, druid 6, sorcerer/wizard 6; +4 con (enh), Player's Handbook 203
Bite of the Wereboar: Druid 4, sorcerer/wizard 5; +4 str (enh), +6 con (enh), Spell Compendium 28
Bite of the Wererat: Druid 2, sorcerer/wizard 3; +6 dex (enh), +2 con (enh), Spell Compendium 28
City's Might: City 8; [+2 to +10] str (enh), [+2 to +10] con (enh), Races of Destiny 165
Draconic Might: Paladin 4, sorcerer/wizard 5; +4 str (enh), +4 con (enh), +4 cha (enh), Spell Compendium 72
Rage: Bard 2, sorcerer/wizard 3; +2 str (moral), +2 con (moral), Player's Handbook 268
[/spoiler]

Int
[spoiler]
Fox's Cunning: Bard 2, sorcerer/wizard 2; +4 int (enh), Player's Handbook 233
Fox's Cunning, Mass: Bard 6, sorcerer/wizard 6; +4 int (enh), Player's Handbook 233
[/spoiler]

Wis
[spoiler]
Nixie's Grace: Bard 6; +6 dex (enh), +2 wis (enh), +8 cha (enh), Spell Compendium 148
Owl's Insight: Druid 7; +1/2 level wis (enh), Magic of Faerun 111
Owl's Wisdom: Cleric 2, druid 2, paladin 2, ranger 2, sorcerer/wizard 2; +4 wis (enh), Player's Handbook 259
Owl's Wisdom, Mass: Cleric 6, druid 6, sorcerer/wizard 6; +4 wis (enh), Player's Handbook 259
[/spoiler]

Cha
[spoiler]
Crown of Glory: Glory 8; +4 cha (enh), Spell Compendium 56
Devil's Ego: Diabolic 3; +[1d4+1] cha (enh), Book of Vile Darkness 92
Eagle's Splendor: Bard 2, cleric 2, paladin 2, sorcerer/wizard 2; +4 cha (enh), Player's Handbook 225
Eagle's Splendor, Mass: Bard 6, cleric 6, sorcerer/wizard 6; +4 cha (enh), Player's Handbook 225
Siren's Grace: Bard 4, druid 5; +4 dex (enh), +4 cha (enh), http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fw/20040131a
Visage of the Deity, Lesser: Cleric 3, mysticism 3, paladin 4; +4 cha (enh), Spell Compendium 231
Visage of the Deity: Cleric 6, mysticism 6; +4 cha (enh), Spell Compendium 230
[/spoiler]

Sirine's Grace
[spoiler]
Evocation
Level: Brd 4, Drd 5
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

Sirine's grace infuses you with the otherworldly grace and fey magic of the sirines that dwell along the shores of the Lost Coast. As this spell is cast, these energies suffuse your body and enhance your physical characteristics, granting you a +4 enhancement bonus to Charisma and Dexterity.

For the duration of this spell, you gain a deflection bonus equal to your Charisma modifier to your Armor Class and a +8 bonus on Perform checks. You also gain a supernatural touch attack that you can invoke once per round as a free action. Anyone hit by your touch attack takes 1d4 points of temporary Intelligence damage (or 2d4 points on a critical hit). Alternatively, you can use this touch attack to restore 1d6 points of temporary Intelligence damage caused by this spell or by a sirine?s touch.

Material Component: A lock of hair, freely given to you by a living sirine.
[/spoiler]

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #247 on: October 09, 2010, 10:17:48 AM »
Q92

Polymorphing yourself into an animal followed by awakened animal trick has been around for awhile.  The question is how to peel off the HD after you cast the spell?  Energy drain can result in level loss so...

So if you were level 15, awaken for +2HD, and energy drain yourself, what happens?  I would think you would loss the 2 animal HD first but the xp adjustment could be a problem and set you back to 13th.

Any takers?
There's a ritual in Savage Species that replaces racial HD with class levels. Regardless, isn't there a maximum Int limit for Awakenable targets?
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
« Reply #248 on: October 09, 2010, 11:22:46 AM »
Q 92 Am I reading it right that a bat swarm does not take any weapon damage? So in other words, spells (touch, area, etc) are the only way to hurt them?

Alchemist's fire, a flask of acid, and a few similar items scattered around assorted books can be used against fine and diminutive swarms.  Since that could be expensive at low levels, you can instead throw flasks of oil or pour the oil on the swarm and drop a torch on it (Player's Handbook 127). 

For swarms with the vermin type, an insectbane candle (Arms and Equipment Guide 21) or vermin ointment (Secrets of Xen'drik 139) means automatic victory. 

You can't typically use touch spells on swarms since touch spells typically effect a limited number of targets. 

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #249 on: October 09, 2010, 11:40:58 AM »
Q86

A86
I wasn't able to find any, but you can try your luck at : http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/index.php , which is a database of every 3.5 D&D spell.

I poked around that site a bit.  Here's what I could find for spells that boost ability scores:

Str
[spoiler]
Bear's Heart: Cleric 5, druid 4; +4 str (enh), Defenders of the Faith 81
Bull's Strength: Cleric 2, druid 2, paladin 2, sorcerer/wizard 2, strength 2; +4 str (enh), Player's Handbook 207
Bull's Strength, Mass: Cleric 6, druid 6, sorcerer/wizard 6; +4 str (enh), Player's Handbook 207
Crown of Might: Cleric 3, sorcerer/wizard 3; [+2 or +8] str (enh), Player's Handbook II 108
Death Knell: Cleric 2, death 2; +2 str (untyped), Player's Handbook 217
Divine Power: Cleric 4, war 4; +6 str (enh), Player's Handbook 224
Fist of Stone: Sorcerer/wizard 1; +6 str (enh), Spell Compendium 94
Gutwrench: Sorcerer/wizard 8; +4 str (enh), Book of Vile Darkness 97
Strength of Stone: Paladin 2; +[1d4+1] str (enh), Magic of Faerun 125
[/spoiler]

Dex
[spoiler]
Cat's Grace: Bard 2, druid 2, ranger 2, sorcerer/wizard 2; +4 dex (enh), Player's Handbook 208
Cat's Grace, Mass: Bard 6, druid 6, sorcerer/wizard 6; +4 dex (enh), Player's Handbook 208
Divine Agility: Cleric 5; +10 dex (enh), Spell Compendium 69
Grace: Bard 2, cleric 3; +2 dex (sacred), Spell Compendium 107
Nightstalker's Transformation: Sorcerer/wizard 5: +4 dex (enh), Complete Advenurer 155
[/spoiler]

Con
[spoiler]
Bear's Endurance: Cleric 2, druid 2, ranger 2, sorcerer/wizard 2; +4 con (enh), Player's Handbook 203
Bear's Endurance: Cleric 6, druid 6, sorcerer/wizard 6; +4 con (enh), Player's Handbook 203
[/spoiler]

Int
[spoiler]
Fox's Cunning: Bard 2, sorcerer/wizard 2; +4 int (enh), Player's Handbook 233
Fox's Cunning, Mass: Bard 6, sorcerer/wizard 6; +4 int (enh), Player's Handbook 233
[/spoiler]

Wis
[spoiler]
Owl's Insight: Druid 7; +1/2 level wis (enh), Magic of Faerun 111
Owl's Wisdom: Cleric 2, druid 2, paladin 2, ranger 2, sorcerer/wizard 2; +4 wis (enh), Player's Handbook 259
Owl's Wisdom, Mass: Cleric 6, druid 6, sorcerer/wizard 6; +4 wis (enh), Player's Handbook 259
[/spoiler]

Cha
[spoiler]
Eagle's Splendor: Bard 2, cleric 2, paladin 2, sorcerer/wizard 2; +4 cha (enh), Player's Handbook 225
Eagle's Splendor, Mass: Bard 6, cleric 6, sorcerer/wizard 6; +4 cha (enh), Player's Handbook 225
Visage of the Deity, Lesser: Cleric 3, mysticism 3, paladin 4; +4 cha (enh), Spell Compendium 231
[/spoiler]

Sirine's Grace
[spoiler]
Evocation
Level: Brd 4, Drd 5
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

Sirine's grace infuses you with the otherworldly grace and fey magic of the sirines that dwell along the shores of the Lost Coast. As this spell is cast, these energies suffuse your body and enhance your physical characteristics, granting you a +4 enhancement bonus to Charisma and Dexterity.

For the duration of this spell, you gain a deflection bonus equal to your Charisma modifier to your Armor Class and a +8 bonus on Perform checks. You also gain a supernatural touch attack that you can invoke once per round as a free action. Anyone hit by your touch attack takes 1d4 points of temporary Intelligence damage (or 2d4 points on a critical hit). Alternatively, you can use this touch attack to restore 1d6 points of temporary Intelligence damage caused by this spell or by a sirine?s touch.

Material Component: A lock of hair, freely given to you by a living sirine.
[/spoiler]

Your version of Sirine's Grace is not the Spell Compendiums. Since SC trumphs earlier versions, I'll post the SC version.

[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

Widow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #250 on: October 09, 2010, 12:12:38 PM »
Q92

Polymorphing yourself into an animal followed by awakened animal trick has been around for awhile.  The question is how to peel off the HD after you cast the spell?  Energy drain can result in level loss so...

So if you were level 15, awaken for +2HD, and energy drain yourself, what happens?  I would think you would loss the 2 animal HD first but the xp adjustment could be a problem and set you back to 13th.

Any takers?
There's a ritual in Savage Species that replaces racial HD with class levels. Regardless, isn't there a maximum Int limit for Awakenable targets?

You roll 3d6 to determine your Int.  I was thinking Maximize Empower awaken so the limit is much higher than most characters that are not Int focused.  The ritual is a good idea if the ritual of unlearning can lower your ecl instead of the normally making you a higher ecl race.

The problem is I don't want the levels.  Not having the xp to support them will just slow your advancement way down.  Also the ritual would require the DM's permission while enervating myself would not.  So if you removed the extra HD with energy drain, would it effect your xp total?

Q86

A86

Cha
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Devil's ego was also updated.  The new one is in the Fiendish Codex 2 and now gives a +4 profane bonus.

Other charasma spells:
Snowsong Bard 6 Frostburn: +4 Moral bonus
Inner Beauty Sorc 4 fiendish Codex 1: +4 sacred bonus to Cha and Dex for good aligned characters.
Transfusion from dragon magazine lets you drain 1d6+5 points of ability score and you get half of it applied to yourself as an unlisted bonus.

There is also a feat that improves your transformation spells called ability enhancer from the Dragon Compendium.  It increases any ability score increase from transmutation spells by +2.  You need spell focus transmutation as a pre-req.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 12:30:15 PM by Widow »

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #251 on: October 09, 2010, 12:25:51 PM »
Q94: For purposes of determining a dragonspawn's flight speed, do magical boosts and class features count?

"Dragonspawn fly at twice the land speed of the base creature (average maneuverability), or as the base creature, whichever is better."

also, Q94b: Can a dragonspawn still use its bite attack when using a weapon in one hand? Also, can it use an offhand claw?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 12:31:22 PM by BeholderSlayer »
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #252 on: October 09, 2010, 12:37:11 PM »
Q92

Polymorphing yourself into an animal followed by awakened animal trick has been around for awhile.  The question is how to peel off the HD after you cast the spell?  Energy drain can result in level loss so...

So if you were level 15, awaken for +2HD, and energy drain yourself, what happens?  I would think you would loss the 2 animal HD first but the xp adjustment could be a problem and set you back to 13th.

Any takers?

You roll 3d6 to determine your Int.  I was thinking Maximize Empower awaken so the limit is much higher than most characters that are not Int focused.  The ritual is a good idea if the ritual of unlearning can lower your ecl instead of the normally making you a higher ecl race.

The problem is I don't want the levels.  Not having the xp to support them will just slow your advancement way down.  Also the ritual would require the DM's permission while enervating myself would not.  So if you removed the extra HD with energy drain, would it effect your xp total?

Q86

A86

Cha
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Devil's ego was also updated.  The new one is in the Fiendish Codex 2 and now gives a +4 profane bonus.

Other charasma spells:
Inner Beauty Sorc 4 fiendish Codex 1: +4 sacred bonus to Cha and Dex for good aligned characters.
Transfusion from dragon magazine lets you drain 1d6+5 points of ability score and you get half of it applied to yourself as an unlisted bonus.

There is also a feat that improves your transformation spells called ability enhancer from the Dragon Compendium.  It increases any ability score increase from transmutation spells by +2.  You need spell focus transmutation as a pre-req.
Also forgot Necrotic Empowerment from Libris Mortis.  It boosts multiple attributes by +8 and has a few other effects.  I'm AFB, though, so I can't give the full list.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #253 on: October 09, 2010, 12:52:24 PM »
Q94: For purposes of determining a dragonspawn's flight speed, do magical boosts and class features count?

"Dragonspawn fly at twice the land speed of the base creature (average maneuverability), or as the base creature, whichever is better."

also, Q94b: Can a dragonspawn still use its bite attack when using a weapon in one hand? Also, can it use an offhand claw?

94a. Apply addition and multipliers in any order you want. Notice it doesn't say "base land speed"
94b. Yes, to both. They're secondary natural attacks, and thus only recived 1/2 Str and are at a -5 attack. Unless you have Multiattack then it's -2.

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #254 on: October 09, 2010, 01:43:55 PM »
Q95: If a Chameleon rebukes undead, if he has a high enough level does he command them instead?  Is this permanent as usual?
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Quote from: Negative Zero on November 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
« Reply #255 on: October 09, 2010, 01:56:37 PM »
Huh, strength of stone was updated too.  I wish IMarvinTPA didn't occasionally omit the most recent source. 

IMarvinTPA doesn't have any spells from Fiendish Codex I or II.  It lists Fiendish Codex I in the spell filter, but none of the spells are actually present.  After a manual search of those two books, I've discovered extract gift should be added too, even though it's worse than using items. 

Q 96: Is there an existing thread about spells that boost abilities of boosting abilities in general?  I did a search that only turned up one on charisma specifically.  If there isn't one, I guess I'll put this in its own thread. 

Benly

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #256 on: October 09, 2010, 02:45:45 PM »
Q97: Other than Magecraft and general Intelligence-buffing, are there any spells for boosting Craft checks on the sorc/wiz list? I feel like there must be but I can't think of them.

Waazraath

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #257 on: October 09, 2010, 03:35:37 PM »

Other charasma spells:

Righteous aura (SpC, pal 4) gives a +4 sacred bonus on charisma

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #258 on: October 09, 2010, 05:53:01 PM »
You can also use torches as improvised weapons.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

juton

• King Kong
  • Jack of all trades, master of nothing.
    • Email
« Reply #259 on: October 09, 2010, 06:28:19 PM »
Q95: If a Chameleon rebukes undead, if he has a high enough level does he command them instead?  Is this permanent as usual?

A95

A Factotum's turning works just like a Cleric's, so yes they can command undead.