Author Topic: Building A Dread Witch  (Read 6921 times)

atewi

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: Building A Dread Witch
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2010, 04:18:53 PM »
Problem with that build Solo is the game will likely only last to level 15.  So having a fully developed build like that is nice but most of it useless.  The goal is to be effective at level 10, anything to about level 15 is a useful afterthought.  Thanks for the contribution though.

Solo

• Organ Grinder
  • Solo the Sorcelator, at your service
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2010, 04:29:38 PM »
Well, it's not like Fatespinner has much of anything in the way of prerequisites.

"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

The Legend RPG, which I worked on and encourage you to read.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2010, 05:13:04 PM »
At what point to people stop recommending Twilight Mithral Chain Shirts?  It's a waste of gold.  If you need a high AC, then the BSF isn't doing his job right.  If you want a high AC, there are better ways to go about it.

I recommended it not for the AC, but for the fact that it's a way to have armor spikes (required for the Fearsome enhancement, which lets you demoralize as a move action with a mere 5000gp) with no ASF.
I'm aware of both.  Armor spikes simply require armor, and it doesn't even have to cost 2k to get rid of the ACF.  Spiked Thistledown Coat costs exactly 450 gold.

strider24seven

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2010, 05:27:19 PM »
At what point to people stop recommending Twilight Mithral Chain Shirts?  It's a waste of gold.  If you need a high AC, then the BSF isn't doing his job right.  If you want a high AC, there are better ways to go about it.

I recommended it not for the AC, but for the fact that it's a way to have armor spikes (required for the Fearsome enhancement, which lets you demoralize as a move action with a mere 5000gp) with no ASF.
I'm aware of both.  Armor spikes simply require armor, and it doesn't even have to cost 2k to get rid of the ACF.  Spiked Thistledown Coat costs exactly 450 gold.

Wow.  For some reason, I thought that armor spikes required at least Chain Shirts... don't know where I got -that- idea from.  But I just searched through the SRD, and it just requires "armor."

That's an excellent call.