Author Topic: leadership/landlord and psychic reformation  (Read 2444 times)

lianightdemon

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
leadership/landlord and psychic reformation
« on: September 29, 2010, 08:50:28 PM »
So say I'm a level 20 sorcerer and I chose all my spells and feats to be better for combat but now I'm done my adventuring career and want to build a stronghold for a little while but later continue adventuring.

So I get a hold of a psion and have him psychic reform all my feats and spells and pick up new spells and feats that allow me to craft magic items and build a stronghold, including leadership and landlord.

Would I now get the cohorts and followers and use them to help build them and the 800k. Then after construction is done what happens to them? After I lose access to the feats. Do I still keep my stronghold, and could I do it again to get another 800k?

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: leadership/landlord and psychic reformation
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 09:13:18 PM »
Landlord is the result of having in-game "connections".  Presumable your stronghold would be repossessed by your rich aristocrat uncle if you lost the feat, and given back when you regained it.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

lianightdemon

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 09:28:48 PM »
make it mobile and kill your uncle, then flee

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 09:31:32 PM »
If you want to face the stronghold of a guy who has pocket change comparable to your WBL, be my guest.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 09:32:48 PM »
Basically yes. It is a mechanical reward with an RP cost. So it isn't very effective, just like limiting clerics based on RP it only works when the DM goes through extra effort which isn't often.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 11:46:13 PM »
Yeah, I imagine there'd be auditors showing up to seize the place. Also, your DM might scowl at you. There may be scowling.

Benly

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 01:46:21 AM »
If you're retraining out Leadership and Landlord at the same time, you don't need auditors or a rich uncle repossessing it. Your army and cohort no longer follow you, and they still live in and around the castle you built. This is what we call either retirement or a coup.

Talore

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Viking Skald
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 02:29:24 AM »
Yeah, I imagine there'd be auditors showing up to seize the place. Also, your DM might scowl at you. There may be scowling.
Hint: much more deadly than you may think.
Backseat moderator (voice) -_-

Unbeliever

• King Kong
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 03:45:10 AM »
Hint: much more deadly than you may think.
But not as deadly as when they smile ...

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 01:48:47 PM »
Yes those scowls will turn into smiles once the DM sees this:
[spoiler]
Here's a neat trick :

Take a lowly 1st level spell from SpC, Hail of Stone.  Emulate it from one of the 22nd level Shadow Miracles of my Shadowcraft Red Wizard (Sanctum Spell+Earth Spell+Circle Magic ftw!) for automatic 220% reality, and fire off Reserves of Strength to uncap it.  We're at (current version is sitting at a level 12 Node I believe, and a final CL of 150 something...we'll say 150 after RoS) 150d4*2.2=330d4*1.5 empowered for free (thanks Circle Magic!)=445d4 effectively.  Average damage of 890...Rocks fall, you die!  Now, lets have some fun with it.  We're a proper SCM, and packing a constant Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis, giving Shadow spells a maximized effect for free.  1780 damage.  Twinned?  3560 damage.  Sculpt it now.  And Widen it.  40' radius sphere of death!  Rocks fall, everyone dies!  No save, no SR.  Still not done.  Remember that node level?  We're at +5 metamagic right now.  A regular wizard can do this (granted, far less damage, but doable) without Circle Magic or anything else.  But we like our No Save Orbital Bombardment <3  Now chain it.  Hi, I'm DM NPC X!  ROCKS FALL, EVERYONE DIES! now has stats :P  You can literally take out every deity in Deities and Demigods if they were on the battlefield together.  From a single Shadow Illusion that most likely began life as a cantrip.
[/spoiler]
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

lianightdemon

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 07:38:23 PM »
Do all your games end up with the GM trying to kill the players, instead of trying to tell a story line?

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 09:33:49 PM »
Do all your games end up with the GM trying to kill the players, instead of trying to tell a story line?
No, some of them end when we order pizza.

lianightdemon

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 09:45:14 PM »
why not continue again after, or eat pizza while playing?

Any other way to get enough gold for a stronghold or should my sorcerer just stick to her rope trick spell?

Benly

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 11:45:59 PM »

Most of my games don't have players trying to cheese huge piles of wealth for free via psychic reformation on feats that grant functional wealth. :)

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2010, 05:34:21 AM »
If you want to face the guy who has pocket change comparable to your WBL, be my guest.
I enjoy this idea and would definately allow my players to psy ref out the landlord feat, just so I can watch the ensuing chaos.
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r