Author Topic: Earliest "Ikea Tarrasque"?  (Read 9223 times)

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
Re: Earliest "Ikea Tarrasque"?
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2010, 03:57:18 AM »
I'm asking partially so that I can stat out Saya from Blood+. She basically bleeds Trollbane, which she uses with an awesome katana to basically kill off the offspring of her sister.

It's a fun anime.

Plus, it would be neat for a character with Troll Blooded+Poison Immunity, because they could go ahead and harm themselves to make any weapon they bleed on deal non-regenerating wounds.

Oh, and you would need to be evil to be an Ikea Tarrasque; they need immunity to Vile damage, and only evil creatures have that...

you know whats funny? im watching that series atm, its pretty good  :D

you know whats not funny?? i didn't know deva was her sister!!!!  :fo

hehe its ok though, i forgive you.
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2010, 11:09:36 PM »
Why is this build called "Ikea Tarrasque?"
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2010, 11:12:34 PM »
Build-it-yourself-Tarrasque.

Ikea.

You figure it out.

Oh, and I recently got to play an Ikea Tarrasque. A Troll-Blooded Warlock with a ring of Fire Resistance is immune to most things anyone who don't know what they're dealing with can throw at you.

It lead to one adorable exchange where a brigand ran me through with a sword.

"Awww, you tried to kill me. That's adorable!"
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

shaikujin

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2010, 03:59:30 AM »
Since you are building your own, if savage species is allowed, you may be able to get it at level 1 (with 2 LA).

In savage species any regeneration ability costs 2 LA. Be it a troll's 5 (with weakness to fire and acid) or a tarrasque's 40 (with no weakness).

2 LAs can be totally bought off by level 9.

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2010, 07:01:24 AM »
Why is this build called "Ikea Tarrasque?"

It's a really cheap hard to kill thing.  Basically, the goal is to make what the tarrasque is supposed to be (an unstoppable invincible critter) with as few levels as possible so it's very low level and cheap.

JaronK

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2010, 12:17:48 PM »
If you want poisonous blood per the rules a 7th level binder (5th if you have improved binding) can bind to Eurynome which makes your blood and injested poison. Does damage to things that bite or swallow you based on your binder level.

Is there a feat that allows you to change an injested poison into an injury or contact one?

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2010, 02:37:58 PM »
Half Black Dragon Human Barbarian with Troll Blooded and Blazing Berserker has unbeatable regeneration while raging.

Level 5.
Wouldn't this either be level 4 (with a flaw) or level 6?  It requires 3 feats (Toughness, Troll Blooded, Blazing Berserker)

off topic whats a blazing berserker?
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2010, 02:57:14 PM »
Druid 5 / Master of Many Forms 7 - Become a war troll and you get their regeneration, then UMD Marty's Favor.  You're now immune to most stuff.
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Suzerain

• Bi-Curious George
  • is on extended leave
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2010, 07:05:11 PM »
Oh, and you would need to be evil to be an Ikea Tarrasque; they need immunity to Vile damage, and only evil creatures have that...

As far as I know, nothing can make you immune against vile damage. The best you can get is damage absorption spells (there's a 9th level one from Faerun that offers a decent amount; not nearly enough for tricked-out CO-monsters, though).

I think I read people trying to work around vile damage by "being a cleric" and "being in a hallowed area" (e.g. acorn of far travel) and casting vigor on yourself ("can only be healed by a cleric in a hallowed area yadda yadda...").

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2010, 07:41:59 PM »
I've checked my copy of the BoVD; and you're right!

Though vile damage not affecting evil people makes sense, because the damage does come partially from shear evil...
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2010, 07:53:34 PM »
No immunity to hellfire exists either...just sayin'.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2010, 08:05:19 PM »
In both Hellfire and Vile damage, both are automatically converted to nonlethal by Regeneration.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Suzerain

• Bi-Curious George
  • is on extended leave
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2010, 09:03:33 PM »
In both Hellfire and Vile damage, both are automatically converted to nonlethal by Regeneration.

You are correct! Moreover, Monte Cook says vile subdual damage from regeneration must be healed magically (see this set of questions and his answers). I re-read BoVD, and the Violate Spell Metamagic suggests that 'vile' damage is still like the source damage ('vile electricity damage' is given as an example). In the example, it also says creatures immune to electricity damage take no damage at all from a violated ... lightning bolt or something.
Following that line of thought, you are immune to vile damage by being immune to the "base" damage type. So, IKEA Tarrasque might not need to worry about vile damage at all.

I think the Dicefreaks interpretation and the one used in the Iron Siege might actually be wrong. We had contestants immune to e.g. Acid damage still take vile damage from a violated orb of acid. IF I remember correctly, that is. It might have been a corrupted spell instead and the damage type might've been "unholy"... I think Witch was the DM then though, and I don't really want to go looking for it now.

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2010, 10:55:14 PM »
As far as I know, nothing can make you immune against vile damage.

Not in general, anyway.  The exalted armor special ability (Book of Exalted Deeds) negates vile damage from melee, ranged, and natural weapons. 

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2010, 11:27:27 PM »
Note that a Learnean Lumi (ECL 10) is immune to everything except (IIRC) disintegrate.  Just straight up immune.  His HP don't even matter.  Possibly also a Sphere of Annihilation.  But he's not very powerful.

JaronK

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2010, 11:35:18 PM »
Note that a Learnean Lumi (ECL 10) is immune to everything except (IIRC) disintegrate.  Just straight up immune.  His HP don't even matter.  Possibly also a Sphere of Annihilation.  But he's not very powerful.
I've given this a lot of thought and I don't see it working. Learnean says that destroying the head will kill the creature right? Lumi can't be decapitated but it's head can be damaged. Am I missing something? I really want this to work.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2010, 02:51:11 AM »
Note that a Learnean Lumi (ECL 10) is immune to everything except (IIRC) disintegrate.  Just straight up immune.  His HP don't even matter.  Possibly also a Sphere of Annihilation.  But he's not very powerful.

JaronK
Also: knowledge affiliation.

An otherworldly or dragonwrought ghost is flat out unkillable once you can make a DC 16 level check.  Surge of malevolence adds a +9 to any check 1/day.  Yeah, you can put one out of commission for 2d4 days, but that's hardly a major inconvienience.  ECL 7 to 9, depending on LA buyoff.  (other feats can aid the check as well, such as disciple of darkness, but you don't get them for free and they only add piddly +1 bonuses)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 03:01:09 AM by The_Mad_Linguist »
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2010, 02:52:19 AM »

JaronK
Also: knowledge affiliation.

Is there no problem that ability can't solve/create? Also, can you knowledge affiliation somebody's knowledge affiliation?
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2010, 06:32:39 AM »
I've given this a lot of thought and I don't see it working. Learnean says that destroying the head will kill the creature right? Lumi can't be decapitated but it's head can be damaged. Am I missing something? I really want this to work.

IIRC Learnean says you have to attack the neck to damage the head.  So you just can't kill the little glowball.

JaronK