Author Topic: Statting Touhou  (Read 44279 times)

iEssay

• Monkey bussiness
Re: Statting Touhou
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 04:45:29 AM »
Here's the statblock from GitP:
[SPOILER]Sakuya Izayoi
Human Wilder 1-6/Psi. Swiftblade 1-10/Wld 7-10
STR:10 DEX:14 CON:12 INT:13 WIS:10 CHA:14+5 Init:+2+4 AL:??
HP:92 AC:// Sv:6b/10b/13b BA:+17 GRAB:+17 SPEED:30ft+20

Feats: Expeditious Dodge(RotW)(1st), Mobility(hum.), Martial wpn Prof.(any)(3rd),Expanded Knowledge()(Wld5,B), Expanded Knowledge(physical acceleration[PsW 2])(6th), Spring Attack(SwB1,B), Delay Power(9th), Expanded Knowledge()(9th,B), Extend Power(12th), Practiced Manifester(12th), Bounding Assault(SwB7,B), Psionic Meditation(15th), Skill Focus(Profession(Maid))(18th), Expanded Knowledge(Schism[Tel 5])(Wld9,B)

Skills: Balance(10r.), Concentration(23r.), Jump(23r.), Listen(15r.), Psicraft(6r.), Profession(Maid)(23r.), Spot(15r.), Tumble(23r.)

Special:Wild Surge +3, Psychic Enervation, Elude Touch, Surging Euphoria +1, Educated Wilder, Swift Surge, Blurred Alacrity, Sudden Manifesting, Psychic Reflexes, Evasive Celerity, Fortified Hustle, Bounding Assault, Diligent Rapidity, Perpetual Options, Innervated Speed

Psionics: PP/d:221+40 ML:20 DC:14+lvl
 1st:Crystal Shard, Force Screen, Defensive Precognition(?)
 2nd:Swarm of Crystals, Physical Acceleration
 3rd:Time Hop
 4th:Dimension Door
 5th:True Seeing(?), Schism(?)
 6th:Overland Flight
 7th:Pers. Mind Blank(?)
 8th:True Metabolism(??)

About the power choices:
[SPOILER]Crystal shard/Swarm of Crystals sub for the knife barrages. Force Screen is pretty much Sakuya's blocking animation from SWR.
Def. Precogn. & Time hop are filler, though the hop is at least time-related.  
Phys. Acc. is an obvious one.
Dimension Door is for SWR 22C. Also good for transporting heavy object above unsuspecting victims during time stop, if only for the meme.
True Seeing & Personal Mindblank are sorta mandatory at high lvls, right?
Schism is handy, if hard to justify for her.
Overland Flight, duh.
True Metabolism is sorta filler, mostly to have a use for 14 rounds of time stopping. Can be partially justified with accelerated natural healing, though the regeneration effect doesn't go well with that excuse.
[/SPOILER]
[/SPOILER]

There are dissapointingly few powers that deal with time to grab, so i had to make do with these.

Didn't include items and went with a 25 pt-buy. Potentially playable 1-20 i'd say, at least in low-op games. Can stop time for 14 rounds on lvl 20 (3pp(Phys.Acc.) + 6pp(Aug. Temp.Acc.) + 6X2pp (Augment dur.) + 2pp(Extend power)) using wild surge. More than 7 rounds aren't really needed, though.

On those six rounds, a sequence of:
7.) Schism/Focus/Physical Acc.
6.)diddly-squat(main), focus(schism)
5.) Aug.(+15d4) Delayed Swarm of Crystals/Focus/A.D.S.o.C.(main), Aug.(+9d
4) Delayed Swarm of Crystals(schism)
4.) Focus(main)/A.D.S.o.C.(main)/Focus(main), Focus(Schism)
3.) repeat of 5.
2.) repeat of 4.
1.) repeat of 5.
0.) open fire .
(3+1+3+1+3) => 8x18d4 + 3x14d4 = 465 slashing damage, no save/AC/SR. Good enough to take down most things in the MM. Bit of a one-trick pony sadly.
Also, the feats are a bit ... uninspired. All the necessary stuff is there but it could use some work. I mean, skill focus ? Also has room for flaws for adding a feat combo, maybe something based on Robilar's gambit, the skirmish damage & AoO from moving? Picking up Hustle
 w. Exp. Knowledge would allow two extra Swarms for a bit more damage, though pp/d starts to become an issue.

One option would be using Delayed Telekinetic Thrust + Quickdraw during stopped time, drawing daggers as free actions and dropping them in-air to suspend them, with a Delayed Tel. Thrust to launch them when time resumes. Though what happens to items you let go of during time-stop effects is a bit of a mystery. Also, the Tel. thrust method is ridiculously weak to DR of any sort.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 05:12:07 AM by iEssay »

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 08:01:49 AM »
So, spell card rules...

Caster level becomes 10th for all participants, and no-one may cast a spell higher than 5th level. They may still use higher-level spell slots to prepare or cast these spells, as well as the Heighten Spell feat if they have it.

Spell cards function like runestaffs, granting knowledge of a spell but still requiring expenditure of energy.

All damage is doubled but non-lethal. As a free action a character may expend spell slots to fully heal themselves of damage or remove negative conditions.

Variants:
Easy - one participant is limited to 4th level spells
Hard - one participant is limited to 6th level spells
Lunatic - one participant is limited to 7th level spells
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2010, 09:10:57 AM »
Extra - one participant is limited to 8th-level spells
Phantasm - one participant can do whatever she damn well pleases. :p
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 11:06:41 PM »
Maybe I'll actually stat her out fully tomorrow or so. And hunt down some character songs too, so we have some more things to link. ;)
Turn Wizard 30 into Wizard 8/Shadowcraft Mage 10/Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil 7/Incantatrix 5? :p
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2010, 08:05:46 AM »
Maybe I'll actually stat her out fully tomorrow or so. And hunt down some character songs too, so we have some more things to link. ;)
Turn Wizard 30 into Wizard 8/Shadowcraft Mage 10/Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil 7/Incantatrix 5? :p
Eh... not really necessary. I mean, Infinity+1 power is still Infinity power.
Also, SCM only has five levels. :p
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2010, 08:11:41 PM »
Now that's what I call danmaku
Spellstorm [Epic Metamagic]
You may use a higher level slot to cast a barrage of low-level spells over a wide area.
Prerequisites: At least one 10th level spell slot, 30 ranks in spellcraft.
Benefits: You may use a 10th level or higher spell slot to cast any number of lower level area, aimed or targeted spells whose total of spell levels squared are equal or less than the square of the spell slot's level. No two spells can be aimed or targeted at the same targets or affect the same areas. Casting a Spellstorm is a full-round action and all the spells take effect simultaneously. E.g. an epic spellcaster could use a 10th level slot to cast 11 fireballs at different areas or 4 cloudkill spells aimed at different areas or two cloudkills and two Phantasmal Killers or 100 magic missiles, each aimed at a different creature. You must know the spells to be added in a spellstorm.
Normal: You can use a higher level slot to cast a sngle lower level spell.
Special: You may not modify the entire spellstorm with metamagic feats but metamagicked spells can be included within a spellstorm.
Balancing: A spellstorm is practically useless against standard encounters because the effects of the spells are spread too thin. It is useful in wars where a legendary wizard can kill entire armies of very low level opponents.
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2010, 10:09:14 AM »
Another idea for Youmu. Why didn't I think of it before?

Eternal Blade. Myon is her blade guide.

Try to tell me these pics don't work
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=491055
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=508177
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 10:12:35 AM by Prime32 »
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2010, 10:05:22 PM »
My work

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2010, 11:31:45 PM »
Another idea for Youmu. Why didn't I think of it before?

Eternal Blade. Myon is her blade guide.

Try to tell me these pics don't work
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=491055
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=508177

Eternal Blade works. Multiclass with swiftblade makes it better.
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2010, 05:11:46 PM »
I'm going to be obvious here and say that in a Touhou campaign everyone gets a fly speed equal to their land speed with good maneuverability.

Maybe there's a Flaw which removes this.

EDIT: Oh, and eldritch blast 1d6.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 05:14:09 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2010, 05:20:18 PM »
Yukari's base build (aside from the Divine Ranks) should probably look like this:
Sharn 9/Mystic Theurge 10/Geomancer 1/Mystic Theurge +whatever.
Yes, Yukari is a Sharn.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2010, 05:27:17 PM »
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2010, 05:34:10 PM »
Yes, Yukari is a Sharn.
Yukari is Granzon? :o OH NOEZ!
And this is her true form. Oh no, oslecamo's rubbing off on me.
Note: Sharns aren't allowed to change shape, but they can use illusions to hide their form just fine. :smirk

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2010, 09:22:17 PM »
I'm going to be obvious here and say that in a Touhou campaign everyone gets a fly speed equal to their land speed with good maneuverability.
Eerrr, need I remind you that Reimu being able to fly is considered an impressive ability for an human even in Touhouland (says so in pretty much all of her profiles since Essence of Scarlet Devil) and it took her 5 games to develop and master it?

Marisa's still flying on her magic broom that she looted from somebody else.

Sakuya can manipulate time and space for flying.

Note: Sharns aren't allowed to change shape, but they can use illusions to hide their form just fine. :smirk

I would say that applies to around half off Touhou characters. Phantoms, sparrows, insects, umbrellas, demons, they just look like adorable human girls.

Also remember, whatever Yukari is, the moon Rabbits are better. I would sugest spell to power erudite with some Complete Psionic cheese on top.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2010, 09:38:59 PM »
Eerrr, need I remind you that Reimu being able to fly is considered an impressive ability for an human even in Touhouland (says so in pretty much all of her profiles since Essence of Scarlet Devil) and it took her 5 games to develop and master it?
Which is why I said the flaw. That's a total of one main character in the history of the series - even then it was temporary and she had a way around it anyway. Everyone who can't fly is an NPC.

Marisa's still flying on her magic broom that she looted from somebody else.
Marisa can fly by herself, it just isn't a witch-like thing to do. And I thought Mima gave her the broom.

Sakuya can manipulate time and space for flying.
What difference does that make? The end result is the same.
My work

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »
Which is why I said the flaw. That's a total of one main character in the history of the series - even then it was temporary and she had a way around it anyway. Everyone who can't fly is an NPC.
Or is some kind of demon wity mystical powers and/or wings/items to fly.

Also, you can't  remove flaws, yet Reimu doesn't only learns to fly, she further improves it into her own personal fighting style, including "Mysterious Flying Girl" and "Fantasy Haven", in wich she literally just flies over her troubles.

Marisa can fly by herself, it just isn't a witch-like thing to do. And I thought Mima gave her the broom.
Pure fan theory. There's not a single proof that Marisa can fly whitout her broom.  Not really sure who gave it tough, but it's clearly her source of flying in all cannon instances she takes to the skies.

What difference does that make? The end result is the same.
It isn't, because we're clearly seeing the characters gain levels and abilities untill they learn how to fly one way or another (Reimu with Hax prc, Marisa trough an item, Sakuya by creative use of her powers).

And again, Marisa's suposed to be the normal humie. Both Sakuya and Reimu have great natural powers that allow them to fly, Marisa is forced to use magic items, not only her broom but the other hectagonal thingy for shooting Mega Sparks.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2010, 10:05:56 PM »
Pure fan theory. There's not a single proof that Marisa can fly whitout her broom.  Not really sure who gave it tough, but it's clearly her source of flying in all cannon instances she takes to the skies.
*cough*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB4bE1xFrm4#t=2m8s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EOzwsmRXBo

Besides, it's not like the fly spell is outlawed. (or ethereal jaunt for that matter)
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2010, 03:10:27 AM »
Actually, I think most of the Youkai just have a Fly SLA(or flat out wings), and Marisa can use flight magic in the normal course of things.
Reimu's ability to fly is remarkable in that it derives from sheer spiritual attainment, and that is made clearer by its extension into Fantasy Heaven, she concentrates and floats out of the world instead of just merely off the ground.
Marisa has flight magic, but she wouldn't be competing for the title of Fastest In Gensokyo without her broom. It's rocket powered. Note that shes one of the fastest player characters except for Aya(who's TOO fast), even when not using Blazing Star.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2010, 09:35:13 PM »
Nue is a geomancer. It gives her a weird mish-mash of features, and lets her combine aspects of different types of spell as she wishes.

She also has access to arcane fusion.
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2010, 03:26:57 PM »
Ichirin is a druid with the Elemental Companion variant from PHB2. Maybe summoning more elementals for all those fists.
My work