Author Topic: So Annoying  (Read 8954 times)

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
Re: So Annoying
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2010, 03:46:54 PM »
My favorite thing about Aelrynth was that people started calling him Faelrynth.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2010, 05:03:13 PM »
Ahh I see. Ya this is the first D&D forum I found so this is the only one I have gone to. Except for links that you guys post, also the links of that giacomo guy is pretty funny....  hopefully he doesnt find the BG forums lol
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

Solo

• Organ Grinder
  • Solo the Sorcelator, at your service
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2010, 05:08:49 PM »
I would deliver unto him a verbal thrashing of the highest degree if that crapscallion ever found his way into the private sanctum that is this forum.

"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

The Legend RPG, which I worked on and encourage you to read.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2010, 05:27:07 PM »
I would deliver unto him a verbal thrashing of the highest degree if that crapscallion ever found his way into the private sanctum that is this forum.

Look on the bright side: If he came over here, we'd be playing by our own rules.

The only thing I miss about Ael is that arguing with him kept my post-count high and gave me a way to spend my free time.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2010, 05:33:48 PM »
Fear of Solo is probably what keeps him away.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2010, 05:39:04 PM »

Because no one wants a Hadoken to the face.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2010, 06:35:27 PM »
I learn a lot arguing with the people who have very different views than me, mostly because I have to keep double checking my rules entries and page numbers (I refuse to debate rules without fact checking my own position regularly).  So it's helpful even when their argument is pure nonsense.

But I don't like putting down other forums in a group bash thing.  It feels like it's just a group of people getting together and saying "man, it's awesome how much cooler we are than those other guys!"

JaronK

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2010, 06:37:13 PM »

You'd prefer a Mind Crush? ???
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2010, 06:38:41 PM »

You'd prefer a Mind Crush? ???

I'd prefer a sammich.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2010, 06:47:31 PM »
I don't think Kuro and Agita have ever posted in the D&D-related sections. I just invited them over to participate in RPs, and haven't otherwise seen them outside of the BlazBlue/Touhou threads respectively. :p

EDIT: *checks* Nope. :P
Yeah, I've gotten a bad impression from the threads I occasionally read, and I don't want to censor myself or get banned, so I stay away from that section. I only use the site for RP and talking about Touhou.
Ahh I see. Ya this is the first D&D forum I found so this is the only one I have gone to. Except for links that you guys post, also the links of that giacomo guy is pretty funny....  hopefully he doesnt find the BG forums lol
Are you kidding me? It would be hilarious.
For us.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2010, 09:26:06 PM »
I learn a lot arguing with the people who have very different views than me, mostly because I have to keep double checking my rules entries and page numbers (I refuse to debate rules without fact checking my own position regularly).  So it's helpful even when their argument is pure nonsense.

But I don't like putting down other forums in a group bash thing.  It feels like it's just a group of people getting together and saying "man, it's awesome how much cooler we are than those other guys!"

JaronK

Isn't being cooler half the fun? (just kidding)

I would say that wasn't the intention of the thread...but it was...sortof...really was meant to vent my annoyance but I guess that could be the same thing.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 09:31:04 PM by BeholderSlayer »
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

Sachiru

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2010, 12:58:43 PM »
So, any suggestions?

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2010, 08:27:41 AM »
Of course, since I'm currently involved over there in a debate on what a "standard class" is with someone who believes that examples of a phrase in use don't count as evidence for what that phrase means... ugh.  Having now quoted SRD, PHBII, Dungeonscape, Tome of Battle, and Tome of Magic, all of which use it in the same was (it's the same as Base Class or Basic Class), he's still going off about how I haven't given him a definition so it's impossible to know what the phrase means.

Then again, I now know almost every reference to "standard class" in the books, so next time we get a "what does Cunning Brilliance apply to" question I can use better sourcing to answer it.  See?  It's handy debating with people like that.  You learn something even if they don't.  And heck, I even taught Aelyrnth that shield wielders were functional without house rules, something he didn't know but learned.

JaronK

Benly

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2010, 08:36:36 AM »
Of course, since I'm currently involved over there in a debate on what a "standard class" is with someone who believes that examples of a phrase in use don't count as evidence for what that phrase means... ugh.  Having now quoted SRD, PHBII, Dungeonscape, Tome of Battle, and Tome of Magic, all of which use it in the same was (it's the same as Base Class or Basic Class), he's still going off about how I haven't given him a definition so it's impossible to know what the phrase means.

Then again, I now know almost every reference to "standard class" in the books, so next time we get a "what does Cunning Brilliance apply to" question I can use better sourcing to answer it.  See?  It's handy debating with people like that.  You learn something even if they don't.  And heck, I even taught Aelyrnth that shield wielders were functional without house rules, something he didn't know but learned.

JaronK

There's a difference between a guy just being dumb and a guy who is desperate to believe something that powers up his character, although maybe not much of one. :) Five gets you ten that guy either has or plans to have a factotum of level to use Cunning Brilliance, and thinks it will be SO SWEET to be able to library-mine any PrC EVAR for their delicious Ex abilities. That's the vibe I get from that particular argument, anyway.

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2010, 03:46:20 PM »
Actually, he's not arguing for any particular interpretation of "Standard Classes."  He's arguing that there is no possible correct interpretation, therefor the Factotum Class is poorly written and impossible to understand.  That's his overall goal, but since pretty much every other questionable aspect of the class was clarified in the FAQ, he's left with just this.

Point being: if you are trying to prove a conclusion instead of find out if your conclusion is correct, it's possible to be VERY wrong indeed.

JaronK

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2010, 05:12:28 PM »
Twisting facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts, in other words?

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2010, 08:31:08 PM »
Actually, he's not arguing for any particular interpretation of "Standard Classes."  He's arguing that there is no possible correct interpretation, therefor the Factotum Class is poorly written and impossible to understand.  That's his overall goal, but since pretty much every other questionable aspect of the class was clarified in the FAQ, he's left with just this.

Point being: if you are trying to prove a conclusion instead of find out if your conclusion is correct, it's possible to be VERY wrong indeed.

JaronK
Ask him to show you where in the phb it shows that sorcerers are "spontaneous casters".

That should shut him up for a good long while
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2010, 08:36:12 PM »

JaronK
Ask him to show you where in the phb it shows that sorcerers are "spontaneous casters".

Better question: "How many fingers am I holding up?"

[spoiler][/spoiler]

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2010, 08:38:39 PM »

JaronK

None. You cannot hold your own fingers (unless you just cut some off).
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2010, 08:40:51 PM »
Actually, he's not arguing for any particular interpretation of "Standard Classes."  He's arguing that there is no possible correct interpretation, therefor the Factotum Class is poorly written and impossible to understand.  That's his overall goal, but since pretty much every other questionable aspect of the class was clarified in the FAQ, he's left with just this.

JaronK

None. You cannot hold your own fingers (unless you just cut some off).
I'm fairly confident that I can, in fact, hold up, say, three Butterfingers. :P
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation