Author Topic: Building a God  (Read 15479 times)

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Building a God
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2010, 12:22:21 PM »
Why does the build have Epic Vow of Poverty AND 50 million GP involved?
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Sachiru

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2010, 12:53:15 PM »
Why does the build have Epic Vow of Poverty AND 50 million GP involved?

Just in case your build does not make use of the Vow of Poverty (and you've justified it).

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2010, 02:50:05 PM »
i thought you prefered the EPIC VOP

as for what you gain from Divine Ranks ... you can find it here:

http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/dnd35/soveliorsage/divine.html

i could easily make a Sorceror Version but Wizard give the most Bonus feats(3 Bonus Fighter feat with Martial Variant) ... the key is to try and get the most from what will probably be allowed.... here are some Highlights of my build:

1)High Martial Combat ability: Great Attack bonuses(gained from EPIC VOP) combined with Melee Touch attacks(Salient Ability:Irresistable Blows) and great Damage(Int to Damage from Combat Insight + EPIC VOP bonus)

2)Full Spell Progression .... 50th lvl Spellcaster +EPIC spells

3)Spell-like abilities: Timestop, MDJ from Divine Domains .... and Sphere of Ultimate Destruction@50th lvl caster from Innate Spell, this does 40d6 per round per Sphere and he can make as many as he wants and control them .... but also for Utility he can cast ANY 5th lvl or lower Spell(Innate Spell(Limited Wish)) and Cast any 8th lvl or Lower Spell or Spell-like ability that has seen(Innate Spell(Replicate Casting)) all without using any spell slots.... and has any time someone else uses Heal, Timestop, Wish within 300', he can do the same from Spell Stowaway .... and can automatically Know when someone wants to use a teleport type spell with a destination within 250' radius and can Delay the arrival(3 rounds), redirect, and Know how many Sizes,Types of creatures

4)Knowledge is Power: he can see 6 Miles like Truesight + Greater Arcane Sight and automatically Know Number of Auras Positions and Strengths ... and can make Spellcraft checks on all auras as Free Action

5)awesome Defensive abilities: Great AC, Miss chance that cannot be ignored, great SR, Immune to ALL energy Types(Fire,Cold,Electricity,Acid,Sonic) awesome Immunities, Fast Healing 26

:D

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2010, 03:08:50 PM »
Another challenge to the community:

Same rules (Level 50, Divine rank 6, 50 point buy, 50 million GP, need Epic Vow of Poverty).
This, though, is different: Focus on a build that deals the most number of damage via Iaijutsu Strike, and ensure that nobody is immune to it. I assume the Flick of the Wrist feat, a light weapon, Far Shot, and ten levels of Bloodstorm Blade, Iaijutsu Master for the Charisma bonus to iaijutsu damage dice, Epic Iaijutsu Focus, marshal et al are a good start.

So, optimizers, how much damage can you do with Iaijutsu Strike?

you can also do that .... and combine with Soulknife and EPIC VOP with great results ...... since it can give an Unlimited Supply of weapons to Draw and the VOP will give it the Enhancement bonus and Weapon Specials

im not going to work it up ... but a quick idea might be like this:

Human
Marshal 1/ Soulknife 20/ EPIC Soulknife 9/ Iaijutsu Master 10/ Bloodstorm Blade 9

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2010, 04:55:25 PM »
Should swap the soulknife for soulbow and legacy champion instead.
[Spoiler]

They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

[/spoiler]

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2010, 06:33:48 PM »
Spellthief 1/Bard 1/ Wizard 4/ Sorcerer 1/ Ultimate Magus 1/Sublime Chord 1/ Ultimate Magus +9/Trapsmith 1/ Incantatrix 10/ Warblade 3/Jade Phoenix Mage 10/ Ur-Priest 2/Mystic Theuge 8.
Important feats:
Master Spellthief, Practiced spellcaster spellthief, bard, wizard, sorcerer, sublime chord.
Prerequisite feats(Buy those you can)

Casts spells like a level 32 wizard. But all his spells are CL 200+. A single casting of any uncapped spell will destroy anything.

Can probably be done better through a spell-To-Power Erudite, and an Ardent with the magic mantle, something like this:
Ardent (Magic Mantle) 1/Erudite 25/ Wizard 1/ Arcane-Manifesting dual progression thingie 10/ Spellthief 1/ Bard 1/ Sublime Chord 1/ Ultimate Magus 10

Manifests as a level 55 Erudite. Can manifest any spell, and option is manifesting as a level 52 erudite instead and grab 3 levels of warblade and 6 levels of Jade Phoenix mage, which will grant some maneouvers. His manifester level is also stupidly high. But that is because Magic mantle is cheese.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2010, 06:48:26 PM »
Actually, you hit 200 exactly, I think. Nice. Let's see if I've got this breakdown:

Spellthief 1
Bard 1
Wizard 4
Sorcerer 1
Trapsmith 1

Is the list of Non-SC classes that have casting; Sublime Chord triggering off Wizard sets them all to 5 as soon as you take it (well, not Trapsmith since you don't have it yet, but it probably gets pulled up along with everything else). Then Ultimate Magus (its weird casting progression matters not since SC forces them all to be equal and UM can't get added to the same progression more than once per level anyway), Incantatrix, JPM, and Mystic Theurge all get applied to Sublime Chord, thus advancing everything by 35 for totals of

Spellthief 40
Bard 40
Wizard 40
Sorcerer 40
Trapsmith 40

Summed by Master Spellthief to 200.

EDIT: And I don't think Magic Mantle cheese, even if taken liberally, works for what you put up there since it doesn't let you treat psionics as ARCANE magic, and you specifically need arcane caster levels and suchlike.

FURTHER EDIT: Oh, wait, my bad. I forgot about UM's CL boost. So make that 220 since it boosts each class by 4.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 07:08:40 PM by Bauglir »
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2010, 07:02:28 PM »
Soulbow ... does not "Draw" Mindarrows ... to get the Iaijutsu bonus damage

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2010, 07:13:38 PM »
Soulbow ... does not "Draw" Mindarrows ... to get the Iaijutsu bonus damage

Technically, neither does a soulknife.
[Spoiler]

[/spoiler]

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2010, 07:31:33 PM »
Free Draw (Su): At 5th level, a soulknife becomes able to materialize his mind blade as a free action instead of a move action. He can make only one attempt to materialize the mind blade per round, however.

this class ability is also considered to be equvalent to the Quickdraw Feat ... so it would be able to qualify as Drawing the weapon, since it would be Drawing the weapon composed  "of psychic energy distilled from his own mind"

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2010, 07:56:53 PM »

Same rules (Level 50, Divine rank 6, 50 point buy, 50 million GP, need Epic Vow of Poverty).
This, though, is different: Focus on a build that deals the most number of damage via Iaijutsu Strike, and ensure that nobody is immune to it. I assume the Flick of the Wrist feat, a light weapon, Far Shot, and ten levels of Bloodstorm Blade, Iaijutsu Master for the Charisma bonus to iaijutsu damage dice, Epic Iaijutsu Focus, marshal et al are a good start.

Chain telekinesis + master of the unseen hand  = 21 full attacks/round.  Keep all the melee weapons on your person, drawing them simultaneously via telekinesis.

BAB is based off CL, with a bonus from cha score.  What can you do with 84 iaijutsu attacks/round?
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2010, 08:04:22 PM »

Twin +Chain telekinesis + master of the unseen hand  = 42 full attacks/round.  Keep all the melee weapons on your person, drawing them simultaneously via telekinesis.

BAB is based off CL, with a bonus from cha score.  What can you do with 168 iaijutsu attacks/round?
fixed

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2010, 08:16:03 PM »
... previous question ...

Pun-pun thread has Divine Rank Zero, via becoming (absorbing?) an Abomination, via the Sarrukh ability.

PHB2 class level rebuilding "should" allow the Dragon Ascendant stuff to work faster.
I suppose a Savage Species Ritual with a small pile of Wishes, would accomplish the same.
Have enough Hit Dice and Wishes and Time to maneuver = job well done.

Soulknife and Deity in the same post ... is making my kitty aghast  :debate

Sachiru

« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2010, 11:02:27 PM »
@carnivore
I do prefer the epic VOP. I'm just adding in the 50 million GP if you can find a build that can make more use out of it compared to, say, epic VOP.

Also, Carnivore, I do like your build but, Antimagic Field. I'd simply like alternatives, thus the query about Iaijutsu master.

Also, Epic Destinies are allowed. Which destiny should I take for the Loremaster/Archmage build?

Also, another challenge to the community. Now, the challenge is to build a God which utilizes Eldritch Theurge.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »
Just toss on 10 levels of grayguard and keep both the VOP and cash.
Planetouched Handbook

Sachiru

« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2010, 11:05:03 PM »
Just toss on 10 levels of grayguard and keep both the VOP and cash.

Wow, I haven't heard that before. What's the sourcebook for Grayguard?

Also, nice build Mixster. Assuming I can get Blasphemy and Holy Word on the spell list of that thing, could I kill Tarrasques and Atropals with those spells?

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2010, 11:08:46 PM »
Complete scoundrel.  The capstone gives you a significant loosening of any vow-based restrictions.
Planetouched Handbook

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2010, 04:10:59 AM »
Given that Iaijitsu Focus caps out at 9d6 damage the optimization really falls to the number of attacks per round.
How powerful do you want it?
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2010, 04:24:46 AM »
Given that Iaijitsu Focus caps out at 9d6 damage the optimization really falls to the number of attacks per round.
How powerful do you want it?
There's an epic feat that uncaps it.
Planetouched Handbook

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2010, 07:02:43 AM »
Now to find away where you can make those thrown weapon unarmed attacks, so you can grab the Exalted monk, making all your attacks vorpal for the lulz.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out