Author Topic: Building a God  (Read 15480 times)

Sachiru

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
Re: Building a God
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2010, 07:40:17 AM »
Failed my spot check.

OR heck maybe I did read it and
SDA Alter Reality is probably unnecessary, between a well chosen Domain set-up, and any helpers you have in the backstory / gawd's metropolis.
Reset what I recalled.

Anyway, try something crazy like Spelltheif 1 / Bard 1 / W/E 7 / Ur Preist 1 / Sublime Chord 1 / Mystic Theurge 1 / Iot7FV 7 / Archmagi 1 / Legacy Champion 30
Any clue on it's caster level?  :D

Could I eat a NPC built like that? Also, the enemy we're faced with has 100 HD, so I need something with a CL of like 125 just for Blasphemy to work. And that's assuming he isn't immune to death effects.

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2010, 12:54:02 PM »
Thrallherd would be allowed, I presume, since it's in the SRD.

Basically, I want a deity who's able to kill a creature with 100 HD, 100 in all ability scores, and immunity to almost everything (think upgraded atropal).

I see you're also the one who contributed with daniel on the ilithid savant on the other forums. Could I beg for a version of it that follows the requirements (CL 50, 50 million GP, SRD material auto-allowed, wotc books almost always allowed)? No classes are necessary, just tell me what works best.
ok ... will try to get something later

target: destroy a 100 HD Atropal

:D

Sachiru

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2010, 01:02:10 PM »
Thrallherd would be allowed, I presume, since it's in the SRD.

Basically, I want a deity who's able to kill a creature with 100 HD, 100 in all ability scores, and immunity to almost everything (think upgraded atropal).

I see you're also the one who contributed with daniel on the ilithid savant on the other forums. Could I beg for a version of it that follows the requirements (CL 50, 50 million GP, SRD material auto-allowed, wotc books almost always allowed)? No classes are necessary, just tell me what works best.
ok ... will try to get something later

target: destroy a 100 HD Atropal

Thanks, man!

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2010, 05:40:02 PM »
Failed my spot check.

OR heck maybe I did read it and
SDA Alter Reality is probably unnecessary, between a well chosen Domain set-up, and any helpers you have in the backstory / gawd's metropolis.
Reset what I recalled.

Anyway, try something crazy like Spelltheif 1 / Bard 1 / W/E 7 / Ur Preist 1 / Sublime Chord 1 / Mystic Theurge 1 / Iot7FV 7 / Archmagi 1 / Legacy Champion 30
Any clue on it's caster level?  :D

Could I eat a NPC built like that? Also, the enemy we're faced with has 100 HD, so I need something with a CL of like 125 just for Blasphemy to work. And that's assuming he isn't immune to death effects.
I'd assume it is immune to death effects. All PCs are immune to death effects before going epic...

Obviously I'm not going to ramble about the made up idea of MS + SC + Ms + SC + MS = infinite since if your going to apply the same things several times over why not go for something easier, like infinite damage to infinite skill checks and contingency out. However it isn't quite cheese free per say and I am going with LC bumps all level effects up rather than one class which is a much more balanced and still legal interpretation.

I choose to apply MS first ans assume LC's rate of 8:10 advancement remains as an epic class.
(Spellthief 1 + Legacy Champion 24) + (Sublime Chord 1 + Mystic Theurge 1 + Iot7FV 7 + Archmagi 1 + Legacy Champion 24) = 59.
Next, Sublime is applied, 59 + (Spellthief 1 + Legacy Champion 24), which makes your arcane caster level is 84 before items.

The divine side isn't nearly as high but meant for buffing, healing, and why-the-hell-not. Ur-Priest adds one half your [character] levels to it's caster level. Ur Preist 1 + Mystic Theurge 1 + Legacy Champion 30 + (Spelltheif 1 + Bard 1 + W/E 7 + Sublime Chord 1 + Iot7FV 7 + Archmagi 1 / 2) = 41.

So at ECL 50 you have an arcane side of 84 and divine side of 41. Dual epic spells, W/E can be the Psion class for more epic access, Warlock, Dragonfire Adept, all of those, or whatever.
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2010, 05:59:54 PM »
Aaah, absolute upper end of epic.  My kind of power level.  How over the top do you want, and if I can compensate it's absence, are the classes spelled out in the original post absolutely required?  Also, are you using the Dicefreaks/Iron Siege rules for Divine/Cosmic Rank, or the SRD's?  And finally, since you are going for an arcane focus, is it absolutely necessary to remain Vancian?  Oh, and is BoEF available?  Not that SCM doesn't render it moot, but it's good to know :P
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Sachiru

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2010, 09:48:24 PM »
Aaah, absolute upper end of epic.  My kind of power level.  How over the top do you want, and if I can compensate it's absence, are the classes spelled out in the original post absolutely required?  Also, are you using the Dicefreaks/Iron Siege rules for Divine/Cosmic Rank, or the SRD's?  And finally, since you are going for an arcane focus, is it absolutely necessary to remain Vancian?  Oh, and is BoEF available?  Not that SCM doesn't render it moot, but it's good to know :P

Classes are not required.

We are to face a 100 HD, 100-all-abilities, 2700 damage per attack monstrosity, that is in all probability an atropal.

We are using the SRD rules for divine rank.

Vancian? I'm not that familiar with it. Also, what's BoEF?

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2010, 10:51:23 PM »

We are to face a 100 HD, 100-all-abilities, 2700 damage per attack monstrosity, that is in all probability an atropal.

So buy a Starmantle Cloak and demand your Ring of Evasion works with it. Eer I mean Necklace of Rebutivesomethingerish.

Vancian is the style of casting wizards/sorcerers/etc use. IE Spell Slots per day. Opposed to mana / spell points / power points / etc.
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

Sachiru

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2010, 11:08:52 PM »

So buy a Starmantle Cloak and demand your Ring of Evasion works with it. Eer I mean Necklace of Rebutivesomethingerish.

Vancian is the style of casting wizards/sorcerers/etc use. IE Spell Slots per day. Opposed to mana / spell points / power points / etc.

Ah, yes, we are to use spell slots per day.

Also, I would like to KILL the atropal, not just merely evade it. And the atropal is in all probability not the only thing the DM sends at us.

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2010, 05:43:47 PM »
Since the OP said no Alter Reality,
I was suggesting that could be worked around.
And obviously getting Epic Spell cheese going
is for the good of the d&d universe.
Given my usual miscommunications ...  ;)

If maxing Epic Spells is (dm) acceptable, then
Wiz 10 with the Chaos acf-thingy , and MotAO 11
and the various chaos feats in FC1,
gets the most Epic Spells to that point.
Throw in Cleric DMM Heighten and Druid too,
and Ardent 2 with a Psiotheugist. 
Lets see ... that's 7 x 4 + whatever chaos you can get ... at least +7

I mean 35 Epic Spells is nothing to sneeze at  :twitch  :o  :puke

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2010, 05:58:39 PM »
OK, so 800 hp.  No biggie, since it has a touch AC of 11.  Spam telekinesis with trollbane acid/electricity/sonic/dessication splash weapons and sneak attack damage (via wand of gravestrike).  Should take it down in a round or two, depending on rolls.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2010, 09:55:51 PM »
this is unfinished ... but i will keep adding to it: redoing to account for VOP and EPIC VOP

try this:

Pixie(+4 LA would be Bought off)

Wizard 10/ Loremaster 10/ Archmage 5/ EPIC Loremaster 25

Attributes: (50pt buy +Racial(Pixie(-4 Str, +8 Dex,+6 Int,+4 Wis,+6 Cha) +5 Inherent to all abililties + 12 from levels)

Str(14 -4 Racial +5 Inherent +1 lvl)
 Dex(16 +8 racial +5 Inherent )
 Con(14 +5 Inherent +10 lvls )
 Int(18 +6 racial 5 Inherent +1 lvl )
 Wis(14 +4 racial +5 Inherent )
 Cha(14 +6 racial +5 Inherent )

Feats:
Dodge(Pixie Bonus)
Weapon Finnesse(Pixie Bonus)
Sacred Vow
VOP
5 regular feats
11 Exalted feats
3 Bonus Wizard feats
1 Bonus Loremaster Feat
10 regular EPIC feats
5 Bonus EPIC Loremaster feats
Imp Initiative(Time Domain)
Weapon Proficency(War Domain)
Weapon Focus(War Domain)

Rank 6  Deity = Lesser Deity = 8 Salaient abilities:

Divine Spellcasting
Divine Fast Healing
Divine Dodge
Supreme Initiative
Irresistable Blows
Clearsight
Extra Sense Enhancement(Clearsight)
See Magic

Domains:
War
Magic
Time

Equipment: None due to VOP/EPIC VOP

this allows you to See anything (Clearsight) within 6 Miles and See All Magic and know what every Magical Aura is in that Area(See Magic) ... thus you wont be surprised ... and you always go First(Supreme Initiative) ... all your Melee attacks are Touch Attacks and can Stun(DC 16 + Con) ... you have 56% miss vs all incomming attacks and have Fast Healing 26 and Awesome Spells .... minimum 50th lvl Caster considering all of the feats it will be much higher

will finish later

« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 02:27:20 PM by carnivore »

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2010, 10:32:09 PM »
black ethergaut20/swiftblade10/factotum8/Iof7v7/archmage3/warblade2

Sachiru

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2010, 10:39:16 PM »
Thanks for the ideas, ninja and carnivore!

How about an Ilithid Savant Build? Perhaps Half-Ilithid Fire Elf Ilithid Savant 10 + Legacy Champion 10 + Epic Ilithid Savant 10 + Factotum 8 + Thrallherd 1 + Wizard 1 + other stuff. Is this viable?

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2010, 10:56:21 PM »
Don't forget to take Knowledge affiliation  so you could negate one of its Immunities.....

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2010, 12:15:30 AM »
Hmmm.

Needs Master Transmogrifist 10. Just for Infinite Variety: Hecatoncheires+Spell Weaver.

It is arguable that a Spell Weaver's Spellweaving is based of the number of hands you have, so...

10 simultaneous Epic spells. Any questions?

Also, you could always ask if you could add the spellcasting (its an intrinsic natural ability) of the Spell Weaver to the Hecatoncheires; it casts as a Sorcerer of a level equal to its HD+2. Which is Sorcerer 54.

Of course, you could do this pre-Epic too, which is less impressive...

Isn't there an epic version of Circle Magic somewhere?
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Sachiru

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2010, 12:42:15 PM »
Just wanted to add a requirement to the build:

The Epic Vow of Poverty Feat

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2010, 12:54:27 PM »

While I understand it's a requirement now, I just wanted to protest this choice if you are doing it yourself. The bonuses from Vow of Poverty etc. are not as good as the mileage you get out of WBL.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2010, 01:56:19 PM »

While I understand it's a requirement now, I just wanted to protest this choice if you are doing it yourself. The bonuses from Vow of Poverty etc. are not as good as the mileage you get out of WBL.
actually it can give quite good bonuses ... but it needs to be worked around... and they dont get WBL ... they get 50000000gp as a set amount

i will work it in to the build i am making .... will make the adjustments to my post

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2010, 01:57:33 PM »

actually it can give quite good bonuses ... but it needs to be worked around... and they dont get WBL ... they get 50000000gp as a set amount

i will work it in to the build i am making .... will make the adjustments to my post

hmmm, i just assumed it worked like the regular vow...meh.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2010, 02:18:52 PM »
VOP and EPIC VOP benefits

VOP at 20th lvl:
+8/+6/+4/+2 Enhancement (4 Abilities)
No need to Eat or Drink(similar to ring of sustenance
No need to Breath
constant Endure Elements
mind shielding(sim to ring)
Freedom of movement constant