Author Topic: Infinite Variety combos, suggestions?  (Read 6070 times)

Learn2Roll

• Monkey bussiness
Infinite Variety combos, suggestions?
« on: September 18, 2010, 09:42:24 PM »
I'm talking about the class feature of the master transmogrifist(complete arcane) for those not in the known , this class features allow to add one extraordinary special quality, one extraordinary special attack and one form of attacks (for example if I choose the twelve headed hydra as my secondary form, I can add the fast healing and the 12 bites to my war troll form primary)

1)Twelve-Headed Hydra (12 attacks, fast healing, enough said)
2) War Troll (very good stats and regeneration extraordinary+ the stunning blow)
3) Firbolg (good stats mostly)
4) Will O Wisp (because of magic immunity(Ex) and Natural invisibility (Ex))

I'm trying to fill the last 3 spots with monsters that could offer good extraordinary special qualities and if possible one good extraordinary special attack, I was thinking of doing the classic combo Giant Octopus + Mind Flayer for the extract(ex) but open to suggestion.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Re: Infinite Variety combos, suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 09:51:18 PM »
CHOKER for QUICKNESS.

If you don't do that, I will hurt you in such subtle ways that you couldn't possibly understand them without 2 standard actions per round.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Learn2Roll

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 09:59:03 PM »
damn I knew that I was forgetting something, the quickness is indeed an (ex) ability, awesome man!

Emy

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 11:12:24 PM »
damn I knew that I was forgetting something, the quickness is indeed an (ex) ability, awesome man!

It's (Su), though.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 11:18:58 PM »
F**k. Alright, grapple with a throttle.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 01:22:32 AM »
Depending on how you interpret the sharn's inability to be polymorphed into text, you might be able to pick up (ex) Independent Action.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Learn2Roll

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 02:46:24 AM »
the sharn, I'll look it up.

telehax

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 02:48:49 AM »
Anauroch, Empire of Shade.

I'd still rather pick the Hex Portals. Not as powerful, but 3x cooler.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 02:53:16 AM »
Anauroch, Empire of Shade.

I'd still rather pick the Hex Portals. Not as powerful, but 3x cooler.
Yeah, but (su).
Planetouched Handbook

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 12:59:48 PM »
Assuming you can get construct forms, Zodar (FF) for Invulnerability (applies to all attacks except bludgeoning weapons.)

If you have room, Ocean Giant (MMII) for immunity to bludgeoning weapons.

Widow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 01:56:24 PM »
Hmm, you do any crafting?  The midguard dwarf has the Master Smith EX ability.  You get craft magic arms and armor, craft wonderous item, forge ring, and you are considered to have all the necessary prereq's to craft anything.  It would be a decent form during down time.

I was also excited about the Curst from Lost Empires of Faerun, but it turns out to be a template.  Unkillable EX means you can only be killed by total body destruction or to remove the curse that keeps it from dying.  No undying curse so only full destruction would work.

Edit: Mock Divinity EX from the lilitu in fiendish codex 1 stats the lilitu casts spells as a 9th level cleric,  but she uses her Cha for spell casting.  The ability goes on to describe additional casting things she does, so I think you could use this to pick up spell casting.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 02:01:57 PM by Widow »

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 02:11:05 PM »
I would go for some kind of good movement mode, possibly Xorn's Earth Glide or something like that. It could get you out of a sticky situation or two.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010, 02:21:48 PM »
I'm a sucker for the remorhaz ... special quality (ex) = heat (creatures that you grapple or who attack you with natural wpn take 8d6 fire damage; wpns that strike you fort save DC 18 or be destroyed).

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 02:30:03 PM »
can has pixie? (ex) invis?
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 02:35:43 PM »
can has pixie? (ex) invis?
He already has that covered with Will-O-Wisp
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

Lo77o

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Guns dont kill people, apes with guns kills people
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 03:47:34 PM »
Phaerimm, gives you sorcerer spell casting equal to your HD, or adds it to your existing sorcerer spell casting. Also, all your spells now work as spell like abilities when it comes to casting time (standard action casting) and cost (no material cost, or xp cost)
"Home is where you can find a decent graveyard and strangers can disappear without awkward questions." - Braids, Cabal Minion

Jelvoden

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 05:37:30 PM »
Unless I'm missing some errata on the subject, you only get one ability of the secondary creature for the transformation. So in your example, you'd only get the hydra's fast healing or the 12 bites. By the "last 3 spots," I assume you mean the favored shape options. Keep in mind that only the base monster has to be a favored shape, and the secondary can be any monster that exists in your campaign setting (possibly limited to those your character is aware of, depending on the DM). The relevant passage is:

"... To create an imaginary form, he chooses one of his favored shapes as a base form. He can then chose a single aspect of a second monster whose form he could assume using the spell he is casting and add it to the first creature. His available options include..."

Save your favored shapes for creatures that have boatloads of good abilities, then just cherry pick the singular best abilities from the monster manual for any given situation, as you need them.
"Okay, got your character sheets all filled out? Good. Now each of you pass your sheets to the person to your left, who will be playing whatever you rolled. Good luck." - Anonymous

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 05:42:26 PM »
Ah, well that precludes using sharn abilities.
Planetouched Handbook

Hitoshura

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 05:57:37 PM »
Aspect of Demogorgon [Miniatures Handbook] gives Dual Actions as EX, it's an Outsider with 11 HD, so you'll need some manipulation for "early levels", like Otherworldy feat or being a Neraphim.

Chronotyryn [Fiend Folio] Dual Actions and Choker's Quickness are both SU, so it's no good unless you use them as primary form with Assume SU.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 06:54:36 PM »
Aspect of Demogorgon [Miniatures Handbook] gives Dual Actions as EX, it's an Outsider with 11 HD, so you'll need some manipulation for "early levels", like Otherworldy feat or being a Neraphim.

Chronotyryn [Fiend Folio] Dual Actions and Choker's Quickness are both SU, so it's no good unless you use them as primary form with Assume SU.

Incidentally, what if you put them both on a single creature? I'm guessing that each says "may act twice" or "may take two of each action", but if they say, "may act again" or "may take additional actions" or something like that you could have some fun times. Also, the Thoon Elder Brain has an interesting variation, if you have lots of Stilled, Silent spells or buffs.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.