Author Topic: Choosing 10 bad ass spells for a Level 10 Node...  (Read 1718 times)

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
Choosing 10 bad ass spells for a Level 10 Node...
« on: September 14, 2010, 07:54:38 PM »
On a bard based Bladesinger a la ErrantX's redux of the class to make it not suck.  Build is Bard 5/Warblade 1/JPM 3/Bladesinger 1/Sublime Chord 1/Bladesinger 2-10, with the full gamut of IC/DFI optimization (somewhere between 12 and 14), CL 16 (20 w/ Practiced Spellcaster), BAB 17, IL 17 (Time Stands Still), level 17 Bardic Music, and level 15 Inspire Courage (20 w/ Vest of Legends).  He'll have a psionic tattoo of Psychic Reformation and a means of using it daily (or more if he recasts Mental Pinnacle from another schema) to reset his spells known, so the 10 spell choices need to be REALLY good.  Brainstorming thus far :

Celerity, Time Stop, Shapechange, Contingency, Contact Other Plane, Sirine's Grace (assuming it's this one that adds Cha to AC), Ruin Delver's Fortune (Cha to saves, temp hp)

Maybe Greater Teleport for a guaranteed exit button?  Plane Shift to return to the node?  A blast?
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
Re: Choosing 10 bad ass spells for a Level 10 Node...
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 08:10:16 PM »
lol you're going to abuse node genesis to put multiple 9th level spells into it? I must say, Kell, good form.  :clap
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 08:14:54 PM »
lol you're going to abuse node genesis to put multiple 9th level spells into it? I must say, Kell, good form.  :clap

Swappable spells known per day+superior casting mechanic+no real investment CL boost+9th level maneuvers and IC/DFI schtick=WIN!  Might as well turn it up to 11, at least in potential.  I can always run mainly melee and crowd control so my wife's Duskblade and friend's rogue feel useful.  Though how they won't with 2-3 extra attacks (and possibly turns) per round and a fistful of d6's in damage per attack is beyond me :P
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 08:16:07 PM »
No Gate? It can be used both for transport and for summoning silly monsters.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 08:17:55 PM »
Can you post a link to the Bladesinger you're using? I haven't seen it AFAIK.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 08:47:34 PM »
Can you post a link to the Bladesinger you're using? I haven't seen it AFAIK.

Here you go.  Commentary by myself, Cieryn, Doc Rock, and ErrantX (the author/OP).  Comparison to the Swiftblade as well, as it's of that caliber, and feels like a strong top end of +1 Tier PrC.
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!