Author Topic: Simple Q&A #17 -- the "your mama's so ___ ... " edition  (Read 140237 times)

Waazraath

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Re: Simple Q&A #17 -- the "your mama's so ___ ... " edition
« Reply #660 on: September 26, 2010, 01:08:36 PM »
Nice, many thnx!

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #661 on: September 26, 2010, 01:11:56 PM »
Q263 Is there any way for a  Wizard to get access to a Wu Jen Spell?If not can an Archivist do it?

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #662 on: September 26, 2010, 01:42:27 PM »
Q264: Does a Totem Rager who entered the PrC with only 2 levels of Totemist gain the ability to bind to the Least Chakra location as well as the Totem Chakra location at 4th level, or does he need to choose between the two locations?
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

Reyemile

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #663 on: September 26, 2010, 02:26:40 PM »
At character creation, how much gold does a Wizard need to pay for additional spells in his spellbook?

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #664 on: September 26, 2010, 02:37:32 PM »
At character creation, how much gold does a Wizard need to pay for additional spells in his spellbook?
A 265

Ask your DM, I'd say. It strongly depends on the method you choose. Copying from scrolls is more expensive than trading spells with another Wizard in your background.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

BruceLeeroy

• Curious George
« Reply #665 on: September 26, 2010, 02:45:40 PM »
Q260 Is there any equipment that gives Pounce (or equivalent)? I dunno, boorts of Pouncing or some such?

A260 Claws of the Leopard, CAdv.

Nunkuruji

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #666 on: September 26, 2010, 02:58:51 PM »
Q263 Is there any way for a  Wizard to get access to a Wu Jen Spell?If not can an Archivist do it?

Wyrm Wizard, Recaster

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #667 on: September 26, 2010, 03:16:24 PM »
q262: is there a still a list available of good LA's? (+0 - +2). The surrealdex at the wizards forum links to several, but they are all dead  :(

A lot of planetouched are rather good.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #668 on: September 26, 2010, 03:56:36 PM »
Q 266 Does anyone know the features of the Green Whisperer (DR 311) prestige class? I see the first lvls in Crystal Keep. But I don't know if lvl 4 or 5 give something nice. The Crystal Keep description indicates that there might be something other than just advancing bard/druid spellcasting.

a combination bard & druid whose music is especially effective against animals & eventually plants

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #669 on: September 26, 2010, 04:31:01 PM »
Q267: I'm banning tiers 1 and 2 in my game.  Someone in my group made this class here.  What tier is this and should I allow it?
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Quote from: Negative Zero on November 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #670 on: September 26, 2010, 04:42:09 PM »
Q267: I'm banning tiers 1 and 2 in my game.  Someone in my group made this class here.  What tier is this and should I allow it?
That is an improved warmage, and the base warmage is tier 4. It's likely tier 3, due to fixing a few things but not adding too much power.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #671 on: September 26, 2010, 04:47:30 PM »
That is an improved warmage, and the base warmage is tier 4. It's likely tier 3, due to fixing a few things but not adding too much power.

Agreed. Tier 3; still a blaster, but a better one than before. Unfortunately that's still just about all this Warmage can do. It is definitely not Tier 1 or 2, although it may deal a lot more damage than usual in combat.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #672 on: September 26, 2010, 07:20:41 PM »
Q 266 Does anyone know the features of the Green Whisperer (DR 311) prestige class? I see the first lvls in Crystal Keep. But I don't know if lvl 4 or 5 give something nice. The Crystal Keep description indicates that there might be something other than just advancing bard/druid spellcasting.

a combination bard & druid whose music is especially effective against animals & eventually plants
A266 It gives almost nothing beyond dual progression of spells and abilities.  If memory serves, for 5 levels you get full progression of Bardic Music (so a Bard 4/GW 5 gets Inspire Courage +2 and Inspire Greatness), Bard Spellcasting, Druid Animal Companion, Druid Wild Shape (maybe, don't remember), and Druid Spellcasting.  It'd be great if it were 10 levels.

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #673 on: September 26, 2010, 08:14:33 PM »

A266 It gives almost nothing beyond dual progression of spells and abilities.  If memory serves, for 5 levels you get full progression of Bardic Music (so a Bard 4/GW 5 gets Inspire Courage +2 and Inspire Greatness), Bard Spellcasting, Druid Animal Companion, Druid Wild Shape (maybe, don't remember), and Druid Spellcasting.  It'd be great if it were 10 levels.

http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Classes-Prestige.pdf is the link, but it doesn't mention Druid Animal Companion nor Wildshape in the 1st lvl entry. (Just music, knowledge, bard spells, and druid spells.) So to clarify, do you recall if there was a capstone to the 5 lvls of Green Whisperer?

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #674 on: September 26, 2010, 08:34:09 PM »
A capstone, yes.  Not especially noteworthy if memory serves.  The class serves best as something you throw into a Fochulan Lyrist build to shore up your caster levels, and not much more.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #675 on: September 26, 2010, 09:09:57 PM »
Q268: Aside from no-dips entrance into Fochluclan Lyrist, how beneficial would it be for a Dragonwrought Kobold to take up the Child of Eberron archetype?
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #676 on: September 26, 2010, 09:13:25 PM »
Q268: Aside from no-dips entrance into Fochluclan Lyrist, how beneficial would it be for a Dragonwrought Kobold to take up the Child of Eberron archetype?
Depends if you're a wardreadguiler or not
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

darrellbutts

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #677 on: September 26, 2010, 09:28:23 PM »
Is there a feat that increases the uses per-day of SLA's?

If so, what is the name and source of the feat?

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #678 on: September 26, 2010, 09:29:46 PM »
Is there a feat that increases the uses per-day of SLA's?

If so, what is the name and source of the feat?
A 269

The Magic in the Blood feat from PgtF increases the uses of all your racial SLAs to 3/day if they weren't already equal or higher.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #679 on: September 26, 2010, 09:41:38 PM »
Q269: Is there a way to cause your blood to be treated as a poison (more specifically, Trollbane)?
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing