Author Topic: Simple Q&A #17 -- the "your mama's so ___ ... " edition  (Read 140248 times)

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Simple Q&A #17 -- the "your mama's so ___ ... " edition
« Reply #620 on: September 25, 2010, 02:57:57 PM »
You can have the divine rank 0 template....
He does not have to have 30 hd if he is divine rank 0.....
Here use this accesory that updates Deities and Demigods to 3.5,It has the  Divine rank 0 template.....
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20030718a

It is on page 6:Quasi-deity traits....

Immune to transmutation, energy drain, ability drain, ability
damage, mind-affecting effects; damage reduction 10/epic; fire
resistance 5; spell resistance 32; immortal
Weird. No increase to stats.

Rank 0

Creatures of this rank are sometimes called quasi-deities or hero deities. Creatures that have a mortal and a deity as parents also fall into this category. These entities cannot grant spells, but are immortal and usually have one or more ability scores that are far above the norm for their species. They may have some worshipers. Ordinary mortals do not have a divine rank of 0. They lack a divine rank altogether.

Glad to see an example of by how much that stat increases.  :banghead

Well you could use the deity array.....
It is 40,28,25,24,24,24......

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #621 on: September 25, 2010, 03:01:40 PM »
Here use this accesory that updates Deities and Demigods to 3.5,It has the  Divine rank 0 template.....

Rank 0

Creatures of this rank are sometimes called quasi-deities or hero deities. Creatures that have a mortal and a deity as parents also fall into this category. These entities cannot grant spells, but are immortal and usually have one or more ability scores that are far above the norm for their species. They may have some worshipers. Ordinary mortals do not have a divine rank of 0. They lack a divine rank altogether.

I guess I could, but that might be a little high for a 10th level character walking around with other 10th level characters. Kind of steals the show. I was going to try for a E6 or E8 scenario, but that doesn't look to be possible at the moment. Hmm. I'll have to ponder this. Gotta figure out what the LA difference between a Rank 0 god and a mortal would be too.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #622 on: September 25, 2010, 03:05:50 PM »

Rank 0

I guess I could, but that might be a little high for a 10th level character walking around with other 10th level characters. Kind of steals the show. I was going to try for a E6 or E8 scenario, but that doesn't look to be possible at the moment. Hmm. I'll have to ponder this. Gotta figure out what the LA difference between a Rank 0 god and a mortal would be too.
I think that the consensus back at wotc forum was la 6,but I could be mistaken....
For your information in Deities and demigods the divine rank 0 does not give increased abilities scores in any of the examples just the divine rank 0 traits...
I I had to stat one I would roll his stats and everything else normally and just add the divine ranks o traits.....

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #623 on: September 25, 2010, 03:08:51 PM »
If he is going to be 10 level think about applying the EINHERJAR template which is page 6 of the booklet I gave you earlier...
I believe that it fits thematically also....

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #624 on: September 25, 2010, 03:14:23 PM »
You could just reduce the Deity Array by 10 to each score. 30, 18, 15, 14, 14, 14.
In this case the LA would likely be in the general area of a pixie. (about +4)
Gods get better Stat bonuses, better SR, fire resistance, harder to beat DR, and a bunch of immunities.
Pixies get free invisibility, Flight, SLA's, Worse SR, slightly worse DR, slightly worse Stat bonuses, and a few other minor bonuses.
Both are immortal.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #625 on: September 25, 2010, 03:27:59 PM »
For your information in Deities and demigods the divine rank 0 does not give increased abilities scores in any of the examples just the divine rank 0 traits...
I I had to stat one I would roll his stats and everything else normally and just add the divine ranks o traits.....
But then that would make sense what I had posted earlier:

Rank 0

Aka, Rank 0 has higher stats. Like +10 to one or more. Hercules doesn't have a Str of 15, that's for sure.

For anyone curious why I'm wondering about this, I'm doing up a reincarnation one-shot where the players will be reincarnations of history's greatest heroes, and take on the worst of history's villains.

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #626 on: September 25, 2010, 03:36:37 PM »
I know...
It is contradictory......
It is even more curious because while it says that they are supposed to have higher abilities scores than the normal, they don't seem to follow that in all of the examples......
That is why many perople use different systems for deities like dicefreaks or Immortal's handbook or even their own system...

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #627 on: September 25, 2010, 03:38:53 PM »
I again suggest the deity array -10.  30, 18, 15, 14, 14, 14. Gives one mega-stat, one really nice stat, and the other4 stats above average.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #628 on: September 25, 2010, 03:40:55 PM »
No divine rank actually grants stats boosts.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #629 on: September 25, 2010, 03:44:22 PM »
I again suggest the deity array -10.  30, 18, 15, 14, 14, 14. Gives one mega-stat, one really nice stat, and the other4 stats above average.

I agree that these stats would be quite nice for this purpose....
the problem is that the la would be quite much I think......

Just to be clear by RAW you wouldn't get any abilities increase for being a divine rank 0, just the traits....
Even if the description of divine rank 0 says otherwise....

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #630 on: September 25, 2010, 03:45:27 PM »
No divine rank actually grants stats boosts.

Well in the FAQ it was suggested that when creating deities of divine ranks 1 and above you should use the Deities array.....

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #631 on: September 25, 2010, 04:01:04 PM »
See, the -10 actually works in the case of Rank 0 because four of them would be seen in your standard 32 point system, but the others are godly by comparison. As for LA, I'd say the +6 fits. That's not really something I'm concerned about though as the other characters will get something to bring them up as well. Namely King Arthur will be getting Excalibur and the scabbard, both artifacts. Likely give him his magic lance and shield too.

I'm trying to think of a time when WotC didn't contradict itself on a regular basis.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #632 on: September 25, 2010, 04:21:26 PM »
Bump

Q 256 Is there a weapon in D&D that mimics a chainsaw, in any way, shape, or form? Something very jagged, or that can saw though bone or trees?

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #633 on: September 25, 2010, 04:26:06 PM »
A256
yes in D20 Modern .... look here:

http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/modern/smack/weapons.html

Chain saw 3d6(20/x2) Slashing - Large 10 lb. 

:D

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #634 on: September 25, 2010, 04:27:48 PM »
A256

http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/modern/smack/weapons.html

That's what I wondered. Hmm. Might have to make it a minor artifact with a couple of extra abilities.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #635 on: September 25, 2010, 05:21:40 PM »
But then that would make sense what I had posted earlier:

Rank 0

Aka, Rank 0 has higher stats. Like +10 to one or more. Hercules doesn't have a Str of 15, that's for sure.

For anyone curious why I'm wondering about this, I'm doing up a reincarnation one-shot where the players will be reincarnations of history's greatest heroes, and take on the worst of history's villains.
Exactly.  It's usually, and if the template granted it it would be always.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

BruceLeeroy

• Curious George
« Reply #636 on: September 25, 2010, 05:51:20 PM »
A256

That's what I wondered. Hmm. Might have to make it a minor artifact with a couple of extra abilities.

I'm always a little irritated with the way chainsaws are depicted - like they're some kind of mega-weapon. I understand the rule of cool, but I've spent a lot of time running a chainsaw, and I can tell you that the chains break at the drop of a hat. Nick a rock, pinched in a trunk, find an old nail in a tree.... they're really quite a shitty excuse for a weapon. Every time I see a chainsaw vs sword battle, i just shake my head at the ignorance.

Not to rain on your parade or anything.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #637 on: September 25, 2010, 06:22:56 PM »
A256

I'm always a little irritated with the way chainsaws are depicted - like they're some kind of mega-weapon. I understand the rule of cool, but I've spent a lot of time running a chainsaw, and I can tell you that the chains break at the drop of a hat. Nick a rock, pinched in a trunk, find an old nail in a tree.... they're really quite a shitty excuse for a weapon. Every time I see a chainsaw vs sword battle, i just shake my head at the ignorance.

Not to rain on your parade or anything.
Do you imagine that a chainsaw that happened to be designed for the problems a battle presents could, y'know, not suck?
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #638 on: September 25, 2010, 06:30:10 PM »
No.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

sir_argenon

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #639 on: September 25, 2010, 06:42:16 PM »
Q257: besides extra turning, nightsticks, and raising charisma, what are some ways to gain extra turning attempts ?