Author Topic: BGBS-305-Live at DragonCon  (Read 5639 times)

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
BGBS-305-Live at DragonCon
« on: September 12, 2010, 10:40:40 PM »
http://brilliantgameologists.com/bs305/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZg_h0X-HzA

Episode Subtitle: Rock you like a hurricane

This episode is a Party Episode which includes those not typical (so don't start with these!) and live episodes.

On Saturday, September 4th, the BG's recorded an episode in front of a live, studio audience (no zombies among them!) as part of the offical Podcast Track.  The room had quite a few people in attendance, which made us happy, and we had a good time.  Like all good literature, it drags in the middle, but a wave brought everyone back.  

The BG's at DragonCon!

We had a blast at DragonCon.  A weekend filled with awesome nerdery and sexiness- what's not to love?  The quote of the weekend was "Don't make it weird"- and that needed to be said many a time.  Seriously.  Some highlights:

Meg got 235 points on the Debachathon and officially "won" at DragonCon.  Most surprising achievement was making more friends than Zeke.  Also, got her boob signed by Doc Hammer.

Zeke got down to Electric 6 in the lobby, entertaining dozens.

Josh went all Napoleon over a panel's ass.

Links:  (See http://brilliantgameologists.com/bs305 for the actual links)

Apocalypse World
Freemarket
Misspent Youth
Swoopy is our hero!  And Skepticality is one of the most awesome podcasts out there.
Jar of Hearts- careful, it'll get stuck in your head too!
Archer- if you haven't seen it yet, what is your problem?
Scott Pilgrim- see above
Podgecast- thanks Adam for taking some pictures!  And thanks Luke for being so damn sexy!
Google image search for clam
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 11:03:03 PM by Meg »
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

MilwaukeeJoe

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Rappan Athuk Play-By-Email
Re: BGBS-305-Live at DragonCon
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 10:48:40 AM »
Thanks for pointing out Archer. I wasn't aware of it.... I would have had to leave the room (had I been there) with my head hung low!

Any chance you can put out a list of "If you haven't seen/played/done xyz, what's your problem?"

MilwaukeeJoe

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
Re: BGBS-305-Live at DragonCon
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 06:20:13 PM »
We've decided to add a "Culture Report" to some of our short episodes just because of this feedback, so thank you!
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!