Author Topic: [Pathfinder & 3.5] Caster Cleric  (Read 3916 times)

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
[Pathfinder & 3.5] Caster Cleric
« on: September 12, 2010, 12:14:33 PM »
I've been invited to another game (how many of these things can I possibly be in) and I've decided to build a character and if I like it I'll play.  The party is:

Attack People Barbarian
Social Rogue
Do Stuff Wizard
Attack People Some More Paladin
Other Guy Bard

They have requested someone who can wave wands of cure light, but I suppose the Bard can handle that right?  Anyway.  I'm currently playing:

Cleric based on Final Fantasy, meaning I cast a lot, but only buffs and healing.
Cleric/Totemist/Sapphire Hierarch, with Spontaneous Law.  I buff, use Order's Wrath and shoot tail spikes at people.
Pathfinder Sorcerer, Battlefield Controller w/ Enchantment as a second plan.  Because I didn't think I could play a third cleric.

But here we are.  Game is 20 point buy, 2 flaws, two traits, smashing pathfinder and 3.5 together.  Game gives max hp per level so I guess I can de-prioritize Con a little. Off the top of my head last night at 1 a.m. I thought about doing something like...

Cloistered Cleric
20 Point Buy
Str 7
Dex 12
Con 12
Int 10
Wis 16
Cha 16

6 Skills

Pride Domain
Planning Domain
Knowledge Domain (ACF: Divine Magician.  Trade this in for Wizard Spells)

Feats
Extend Spell [Domain Bonus]
Persistent Spell [1st Level]
Divine Metamagic [Human Bonus?  Flaw?]
Extra Turning [Flaw?]
Extra Turning [Flaw if I'm Human]

If Human that would give me 14 turn attempts, so I could persist two spells per day.

I am tempted to play Raptoran or something though, not sure how that would negatively affect the build.  I also considered my RKV build, but I think that would take a long time to come together, and the game starts at level 1.

For Wizard spells I'm interested in:

1-
2- Spectral Hand?
3-
4-
5- Magic Jar
6-
7-
8- Clone?
9-

The level 1 spell I always assumed I'd get with this class feature would be Ray of Enfeeblement but PF nerfed it pretty hard.  

This build (as all my builds do) Would likely take the ACF for spontaneous domains because spontaneously casting healing is pretty bad.  I'm considering Planning being the one I use it on, it looks slightly better for that and if we ever get to 9th level spells I can spontaneously cast Time Stop.

Another idea I kicked around was being a Halfling, taking the Time domain and taking the feat Yondalla's Blessing.  That would give me Improved Init and Halfling Init which might actually make my cleric sort of speedy rather than the usually 1d20+1 that I roll with my clerics.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 12:46:41 PM by Sobolev »
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Quote from: Negative Zero on November 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

Mixster

• Grape ape
Re: [Pathfinder & 3.5] Caster Cleric
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 12:28:42 PM »
Isn't shivering touch already a cleric spell? What's the reason to grab it as a wizard as well?
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
Re: [Pathfinder & 3.5] Caster Cleric
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 12:46:02 PM »
Oh man, my bad. 

Guess I get to pick something else awesome.
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Quote from: Negative Zero on November 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.