Author Topic: CO Call Out  (Read 140427 times)

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
Re: CO Call Out
« Reply #760 on: May 30, 2008, 06:07:49 AM »
I didn't think it was that big. *shrugs*
That's what she said...

...sorry, not many threads where I get the opportunity and am justified in taking it. This thread counts.

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
  • Player Resource Consortium
    • Email
« Reply #761 on: May 30, 2008, 08:51:53 AM »
I didn't think it was that big. *shrugs*
That's what she said...

...sorry, not many threads where I get the opportunity and am justified in taking it. This thread counts.

:wall Oh god, don't start with that particular thing again.

And on the pick, don't forget to forge some strange Negative-energy infused metal into the striking surface.
Arhosa Campaign World - Always Recruiting
Past, Present, and Future
Osteomancy - Rune Magic - Astral Magic
Class and Rule Collection
Player Resource Consortium
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #762 on: May 30, 2008, 09:02:48 AM »
*facepaws*

On topic...

What the fuck, no Aptitude cheese? *stare*
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Todd

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #763 on: May 30, 2008, 01:39:49 PM »
It wasn't exactly easy to find this place.   :)

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #764 on: May 30, 2008, 02:15:19 PM »
+1 Thinaun Aptitude Dire Ice Pick with said aforementioned Triple capsule holder and a poisoned pick. There.

Now it's a one-handed weapon, so you can power attack with it. Leaping charger anyone?
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #765 on: May 30, 2008, 02:29:05 PM »
+1 Thinaun Aptitude Dire Ice Pick with said aforementioned Triple capsule holder and a poisoned pick. There.

Now it's a one-handed weapon, so you can power attack with it. Leaping charger anyone?

What is Thinaun?

And if it's for a charger, you forgot Valorous, as well as other special properties to bring it up to a +1 (+9 special) weapon which you then hit with GMW...

And don't forget:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

[/spoiler]

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #766 on: May 30, 2008, 02:38:25 PM »
It's a metal that can trap souls. It's from Complete Warrior.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #767 on: May 30, 2008, 04:52:04 PM »

Mmm, tasty souls! :devil

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #768 on: May 30, 2008, 05:30:48 PM »

Mmm, tasty souls! :devil

If you want to see it used a lot in game mechanics, take a look at the Book of Necromancy by Frank and K, it appears extensively there.

SigmaJargon

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #769 on: May 30, 2008, 06:32:03 PM »
Well damn.  I was planning on spending a bunch of time in CO given that I just got my copies of the 4ed books, but not only do I hear CO is going to be merged with fluff-boards, but I also can't seem to migrate my old username?  Blast that.  I can read CO and post here.

Bill Bisco: Eloquent Elf

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #770 on: May 30, 2008, 07:44:01 PM »
I've been lurking for a bit.  With 4e coming out, my optimization gears have begun to roll again.  This place may give me more quality responses so I'll probably take advantage of it.  :)

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #771 on: May 30, 2008, 08:31:37 PM »
The Average Adventurer!

Handy Links

Shigunaru

• I am your "friend"
    • Email
« Reply #772 on: May 30, 2008, 09:52:11 PM »
Now we know is a Eloquent Elf Average Adventurer... Not very optimized, it seems (Eloquent Half-Elves are way better).
Posting guidelines. Read 'em. Use 'em. Love 'em.

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #773 on: June 03, 2008, 07:30:35 PM »
Quote from: Kathy Griffin

What's up b- :fu -tches ?!

So I read that really long and slightly contradictory "I agree" clicky stuff, and ...
I also listened to Meg save herself from her ~cat. I'm left wondering,

No Code of Conduct ???
Does Meg really want that ???

[apology] already, I couldn't resist, I promise I won't make any Hannah Montana jokes, either [/apology]
[snarkers] I hate learning yet another programming language. I hope this post looks OK. [/snarkers]

Hey, how do I bring over my old avatar?

« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 07:53:00 PM by awaken_D_M_golem »

Blade2718

• Un4given Ghosts Scenario Paintball
    • Email
« Reply #774 on: June 03, 2008, 08:39:54 PM »
Hey, how do I bring over my old avatar?
Right click the avatar and select "Copy Image Source" from the dropdown menu.  Then, paste that data into the avatar information area.

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #775 on: June 04, 2008, 02:09:28 AM »
No Code of Conduct ???
Does Meg really want that ???

For the time being.  It may change.  I will never promise consistency- rules will be made as they are needed.  For now, the main rule is no douchebaggery.  That would include, imo, being explicit and crass just to be explicit and crass.  If it's part of your point, I have no problem with naughty language.

I may have found the line at which I'm unsure if we should cross (see my info about it here) but I think I'll step over that thar line in the podcast, so we'll see what happens!
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #776 on: June 04, 2008, 02:11:11 AM »
So just in case you didn't see it posted elsewhere, I want to repost a thought to see what you all think about this idea:

I just want to throw out there that if another wave comes over, I would create an entire new site just for optimization.  We could have as many boards as we wanted-- it could be like www.brilliantgameologists.com/coboards or something and every section was specifically for min/maxing.

I would be much more willing to give others admin powers and stronger powers if we did that.

I don't think we're there yet, but just know it's a possibility.

Ultimately, these boards are to promote the podcast, and there could still be lots of links back and forth, but I don't want this overwhelmed with CharOp stuff, but I also have a huge priority to give optimization the home it deserves.

Just a thought.

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #777 on: June 04, 2008, 07:16:50 AM »
That isn't a bad idea in the least. If the users of the new wave (or any user for that matter) are only interested in CO work, they can use that without the 'troubles' of navigating through the forum, but if they want something else they can easily find it. As of now the current arrangement seems to work (though I don't know the true mechanics behind the forum) well, but we are getting more users on semi-regular basis. That probably doesn't count as a wave, but after the initial rush, we've gotten A LOT of new people, mainly from the CO boards.

In short, I'd keep an eye on the amount of users even if there is no 'wave' coming.

Handy Links

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #778 on: June 04, 2008, 09:33:31 AM »
Why not have it like the old DnD forum organization (assuming both sites are maintained through the same tools), where the basic CharOp was listed as part of the DnD forums, but redirected to the CharOp d20 design board and through that the d20 design forums?

That way everyone has a very easy link from here to the main area of there while browsing all the other forums offered here, and that end has all the different relevant forums and links and a top link back to the main area here.

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #779 on: June 04, 2008, 10:49:41 AM »
I'm not sure how to do hyperlinks with this software, that's one of the issues.