Author Topic: CO Call Out  (Read 140272 times)

saintx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • during a zombie attack, please follow me
    • myspace
Re: CO Call Out
« Reply #680 on: May 26, 2008, 04:21:08 AM »
WOW am i behind.
real life got in the way, i finally got around to looking at CharOp... and yeah, now here i am.
i havent been participating much lately, but im here now and will be popping in. i kinda decided to take a break until 4E is released.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #681 on: May 26, 2008, 05:08:00 AM »
[cough]

[gives Akula a ITOW2]

Stingers have fragmentation warheads. Useless in penetrating any form of useful armour. ITOW2s on the other hand...
Exactly, a bigger shotgun. Seriously if you want armor penetration you go straight to the Abrams.
The Abrams isn't exactly man-portable... :D

MittenNinja

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #682 on: May 26, 2008, 05:20:40 AM »
Exactly, a bigger shotgun. Seriously if you want armor penetration you go straight to the Abrams.
Something like this perhaps?

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #683 on: May 26, 2008, 08:38:31 AM »
You do realise Monkey Grip is sub-optimal, right? :P

~Bowen
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #684 on: May 26, 2008, 08:38:57 AM »
Something like this perhaps?

Wouldn't the recoil on that thing snap even the Master Chief's arms off?
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
  • Player Resource Consortium
    • Player Resource Consortium
    • Email
« Reply #685 on: May 26, 2008, 09:32:07 AM »
Probably. Need to tripod mount it to fire.
Arhosa Campaign World - Always Recruiting
Past, Present, and Future
Osteomancy - Rune Magic - Astral Magic
Class and Rule Collection
Player Resource Consortium
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #686 on: May 26, 2008, 12:05:28 PM »
Wow, I expected better from the CO boards. I am highly disappointed.

Come on, conventional guns and missiles?

Everyone knows that optimal weaponry involves giant lasers. Also, orbital nukes. Noobs. :mad

:lol
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #687 on: May 26, 2008, 01:37:51 PM »
Wow, I expected better from the CO boards. I am highly disappointed.

Come on, conventional guns and missiles?

Everyone knows that optimal weaponry involves giant lasers. Also, orbital nukes. Noobs. :mad

:lol

GPS-targetting Satellite lasers? Love them
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #688 on: May 26, 2008, 01:38:59 PM »
On a serious note, where is that guide to optimizing at every level that includes enemy stats and such?

I'm surprised it doesn't seem to be here yet.

And don't forget:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

[/spoiler]

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #689 on: May 26, 2008, 01:42:55 PM »
Psh, why not a Railgun?

image copywrite 2007, Sam Barros, of Powerlabs
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #690 on: May 26, 2008, 01:44:27 PM »
On a serious note, where is that guide to optimizing at every level that includes enemy stats and such?

Does it have average enemy attack bonuses, AC, touch AC, saves and all that?
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #691 on: May 26, 2008, 02:07:13 PM »

Does it have average enemy attack bonuses, AC, touch AC, saves and all that?

Yes, that sounds like the one.

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #692 on: May 26, 2008, 03:04:46 PM »

Optimization by the numbers?  TG is taking a break, so a quick copy paste would be useful.
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #693 on: May 26, 2008, 04:33:08 PM »

Optimization by the numbers?  TG is taking a break, so a quick copy paste would be useful.

Duly noted.

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #694 on: May 26, 2008, 06:17:16 PM »
You might want to update the critterfilter link to point to the correct one.
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #695 on: May 26, 2008, 08:16:34 PM »
You might want to update the critterfilter link to point to the correct one.

...I have no idea what that would be. In fact I did not check it, I just assumed it worked unless obviously broken (like the tags were).

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #696 on: May 26, 2008, 09:29:13 PM »
The totally unstellar Kuroimaken makes his appearance! *flexes* You guys are just plain the best. I always loved the atmosphere at the CO boards but this place sounds like it's going to become a whole different level of fun.

Also, I hope Surreal joins up and we get his big honkin' thread moved here. That'd be awesome.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Cube

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #697 on: May 26, 2008, 09:30:29 PM »
Edit: Autumn/Meg: You might want to tell the owners of this site that they'll want a bigger server soon. ;)

That would be me :)  I'm still looking for someone to help out with web maintenance and our databases, etc...  So if anyone has that experience, please let me know!

I don't know if I'd be much help, but I'm up for whatever you may need. My current job is web development (minube and shoomo, both spanish sites, tho), so I have quite some experience under my belt :)

Edit: And damn, I didn't notice there were already over 30 pages of replies. The offer is still up, however.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #698 on: May 26, 2008, 11:08:01 PM »
Also, I hope Surreal joins up and we get his big honkin' thread moved here. That'd be awesome.
Surrealdex FTW! But most-all of that is based on WotC threads, not BG threads. Wow, lots of reconstruct to do.

But backtracking to the missile-related developments, what thread was it where an arrow with many exploding runes on it was grown to fit, then re-shrunk so that hundreds of runes could be placed, and then said arrow was shot by a distance-optimized archer for a few miles or so? It raised discussion of how to aim with divination spells to get around the curve of the earth or something? I liked that thread, would love to see if it can't be improved upon.

Jaerc

• Monkey bussiness
    • Dotradical: A Utah Gaming Community
    • Email
« Reply #699 on: May 27, 2008, 05:42:46 AM »
Jaerc's baaaaaaaack.

Hey lads and lasses, I finally got word of BrillGam and made my way over here.
Where Flavor Meets Mechanics
Dicefreaks
~
yes, I believe in love,
yes I'm a dreamer,
but I'm not alone,
there are more of us than you suspect,
and we've got bombs,
truth and beauty bombs