Author Topic: Factotum and Prestige Classes  (Read 2699 times)

Hallack

• Hong Kong
Factotum and Prestige Classes
« on: August 09, 2010, 02:11:01 PM »
Okay, Chameleon of course if popular and for pretty good reasons but what about other prestige classes?

I'm thinking there has got to be some real cool ones out that they may not be great for casters due to the Caster Level loss or other issues that would be great for something like the Factotum who does not care as much.

I'm going to start hitting the books.  Do any of you have ideas?

Edit: In particular I am looking at the Arcane Caster based prestige classes.

For example Mind Bender could be an interesting progression where it's lost CL do not matter as much.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 02:44:08 PM by Hallack »
Placeholder - T'tosc

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
Re: Factotum and Prestige Classes
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 02:39:15 PM »
Initiator PrCs after a TOB class dip probably works well. :)
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 02:46:21 PM »
Initiator PrCs after a TOB class dip probably works well. :)

I definitely like TOB synergy especially with the extra Standard Actions.  I didn't make it clear but I'm actually looking particularly for prestige classes with Arcane Caster prereq.

Non-Arcane suggestions are however still welcome :)
Placeholder - T'tosc

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 03:01:28 PM »
Sublime Chord is nice :P

Then there is of course the Factotum 8/Ur Priest 1/Bard 1/Sublime chord 1/Mystic Theurge 9 build ;)
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

Ivory Knight

• Curious George
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 03:35:47 PM »
Sadly most PrC that grant casting on their own depend on CHA, not INT.
That said, I can see a Factotum entering Master of the Unseen Hand, Mindspy or Mindbender.

If you consider using Non-WotC Sources, Castlemourn has the Rhymesword PrC(10 levels, Int-based casting roughly equal to a Hexblade/Ranger/Paladin + some nice abilities related to (Greater) Magic Weapon & Energy Substitution).

Not all that impressive, considering the sheer versatility of singelclassed Factotum or Factotum/Chameleon.
But you asked for Arcane flavored PrC's and the ones I mentioned no serious spellcaster would consider, but they could work out ok for a Factotum looking for some unusual abilities.

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 04:05:57 PM »
Okay, Chameleon of course if popular and for pretty good reasons but what about other prestige classes?

I'm thinking there has got to be some real cool ones out that they may not be great for casters due to the Caster Level loss or other issues that would be great for something like the Factotum who does not care as much.

I'm going to start hitting the books.  Do any of you have ideas?

Edit: In particular I am looking at the Arcane Caster based prestige classes.

For example Mind Bender could be an interesting progression where it's lost CL do not matter as much.

Mind Bender is pretty weak sauce... just take a 1 level dip in it, if anything  :D
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 06:31:35 PM »
Iaijutsu Master   :D
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 10:14:30 PM »
Exemplar, if you want your skills to be jawsome.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.