Author Topic: CO Diary: Wizard trapped in the mists...  (Read 6715 times)

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
Re: GOD trapped in hell...
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2008, 11:32:41 PM »
Hoo boy, you're in for a wild ride...

Someone already suggested a sculpt spell rod, but I would go the extra mile and suggest a persist rod if able; though Extend spell is pretty handy, it is not something I'd like to keep once I got a hold of Persistant Spell. This could free up a feat slot or two if you need them. The downside, of course, is that the feat is tied to an item, and that Extend spell is not as picky about what spells are eligible for use (one of the reasons I never really got into Persist, frankly. When it comes to buffing for letting it rip, I prefer to use the BSF as a meatshield -- and thus buff him/her). Your mileage may vary, however.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2008, 01:12:59 AM »
Hoo boy, you're in for a wild ride...

I know.... I know :wall

The DM allowed me to go like this, but I guess he's gonna do more "optimized" encounters than he was going to...

I have a (somewhat) bad feeling about this...

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2008, 08:50:22 PM »
Don't panic, you're still better off than many non-casters (specially since mind control is not your build's staple). I suggest you pick up a few spells with the Force descriptor too, for two reasons. One: Force is downright hard to counter. Two: incorporeal undead are a bitch. For reason two, as well, do yourself a favor and pick up See Invis ASAP.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2008, 03:03:28 PM »
Hey I'm a GOD stuck in Ravenloft as well. It's a 2.0 game, and I'm already well on my way to glitterdusting my way to victory. 14 spells known ftw.

In my current group there's a couple of ROLEplayers, but I'm not sure how their ROLL playing is. It's only been about 1 session, and the DM's houserules make the game much more playable (and he let me have metamagic when it doesn't exist in 2.0 :D)

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2008, 03:17:21 PM »
Meh, at least your DM doesn't try to rape you with every encounter... I mean, throwing an Iron golem against a lvl 1 party isn't nice at all...

ZeroSum

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2008, 03:31:40 PM »
... But... But... You were supposed to flee, right?

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2008, 03:47:26 PM »
... But... But... You were supposed to flee, right?

Yeah, yeah, we did run, but not after he OHKO the rogue that activated him (it was a trap in the dungeon that let the golem loose...)

ZeroSum

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2008, 03:49:41 PM »
I guess that's not as bad.  It's a save or save or die -- he gets to do a skill check to find it then the Golem needs to make an attack roll to hit him, though to be really fair I think it shouldn't have gotten a surprise round.  (Assuming it effectively did when the rogue woke the golem up.)

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2008, 03:56:01 PM »
The good thing is that we managed to save the body and he was revived free of charge....

And making the monsters hit themselves with Backbiter feels so good  :lol

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2008, 12:38:30 AM »
This is obscene, change your title. Now
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2008, 03:14:54 PM »
This is obscene, change your title. Now

What are you referring to?  ???

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2008, 06:20:36 PM »
It was rude, but the complaint stems from placing God (from the religious perspective) in hell.

I find the use of GOD as a general term for wizards distasteful, but I've already expressed my views in the "CO call out" thread.
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2008, 06:23:14 PM »
It was rude, but the complaint stems from placing God (from the religious perspective) in hell.

I find the use of GOD as a general term for wizards distasteful, but I've already expressed my views in the "CO call out" thread.

Oh, THAT. I thought it was the Bi-Curious George...

Changed the topic title...

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2008, 06:24:51 PM »
Better than where I place him on a regular basis...

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
Re: CO Diary: Wizard trapped in the mists...
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2008, 06:42:52 PM »
Better than where I place him on a regular basis...

What the f....?

What do you mean?  :o

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2008, 06:43:04 PM »
And since I have nothing to do, I guess I will use this as a CO Diary...

The first session was 3 weeks ago (we play only once per month  :(), and aside from some "small" mistake from the rogue, it was a cakewalk...

Current party: Human Ranger (probably going for Swift Hunter), Human Rogue (aiming for Chameleon), human Crusader (planning to grab Paladin of Tyranny till 4, then going Crusader again) and Illumian Wizard (me).

Brief history: I have to go looking for some random component as my job. The ranger and the rogue fell in Ravenloft, while me and the Crusader are residents. Anyway, we suddenly got thrown together in a forest, then 4 skellies were attacking an old man and a little druid girl. It's rescue time!

This encounter was so easy it made me kinda sad... I Backbiter'ed one (the DM threw me a "you will suffer soon" look), while the crusader used Charging Minotaur and OHKO'ed another, then the last 2 got owned by the rogue and the ranger.

After that, the old man know someone that can help, then got us through a cave. Apparently, the whole cave was a trap and our Rogue triggered one. An iron golem came from the wall, OHKO'ed the rogue and started hunting us (hopefully the girly's wolf saved the rogue's ass).

I tried using Grease, but it seems that the DM rolled a 20 or something and the thing kept going. Then we got cornered, and the iron golem captured the old man. A exit appears for us (apparently it was supposed to the old man to be captured...).

After that, we arrive in Barovia. I start looking for the guy to help me, and then suddenly some random mook get the girl as hostage. End of session (and 1.2k xp).
---------------------
Meh, a wizard's early career sure is hard...

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2008, 07:09:17 PM »
Well, let me put it this way:

"Jay-zus f-ing Kah-raist on a motherf-ing greased pole...!"

:D

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2008, 07:16:53 PM »
 :twitch

:jawdrop

Damn, I lol'ed hard...