Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question: Losing the Game Edition  (Read 127652 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Ask a Simple Question: Losing the Game Edition
« Reply #660 on: August 18, 2010, 03:04:25 PM »
Q168 What are good cleric list touch spells levels 1-5, assuming you've got a swarm that can autohit.
Whenever I'm looking for spells, I just go here and check off what I'm looking for. http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/FindSpell.php
There's a lot of cleric touch spells.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Talore

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Viking Skald
    • Email
« Reply #661 on: August 18, 2010, 03:59:00 PM »
I have 12 levels of free level adjustment... I want to be a half-celestial pixie, capitalizing on the massize ability score boosts. I can have one more template, up to +4 level adjustment.

Q169a: Can vivacious creature be applied to a half-celestial fey? Half-celestial cand be put on an incorporeal, but vivacious can be put on any coporeal outsider or fey, among other things. Can I 'stack' the templates to work? Pixie -> Half-Celestial -> Vivacious

Q169b: If the above doesn't work, what's a good template (up to +4LA) to put on a half-celestial pixie?

Thinking of going Sorcerer or something =)
Backseat moderator (voice) -_-

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #662 on: August 18, 2010, 04:02:46 PM »
Q168 What are good cleric list touch spells levels 1-5, assuming you've got a swarm that can autohit.
Whenever I'm looking for spells, I just go here and check off what I'm looking for. http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/FindSpell.php
There's a lot of cleric touch spells.

Slay Living.

Edit: Take Divine Magician and take Shivering Touch as well.
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Quote from: Negative Zero on November 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #663 on: August 18, 2010, 04:06:57 PM »
I have 12 levels of free level adjustment... I want to be a half-celestial pixie, capitalizing on the massize ability score boosts. I can have one more template, up to +4 level adjustment.

Q169a: Can vivacious creature be applied to a half-celestial fey? Half-celestial cand be put on an incorporeal, but vivacious can be put on any coporeal outsider or fey, among other things. Can I 'stack' the templates to work? Pixie -> Half-Celestial -> Vivacious

Q169b: If the above doesn't work, what's a good template (up to +4LA) to put on a half-celestial pixie?

First four levels of the ghost savage progression (link in sig). 
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #664 on: August 18, 2010, 04:33:21 PM »

A169a ....Yes, just Apply 1/2 Celestial first .. then Apply Vivacious to the Pixie(Fey) base creature

A169b ... 1/2 Fey(+2 LA) and Phrenic(+2 LA)

:D

Talore

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Viking Skald
    • Email
« Reply #665 on: August 18, 2010, 04:38:06 PM »

Perfect, you are awesome good sir.

EDIT: Do I get the incorporeal subtype, including the CHA-> Deflection bonus to AC?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 04:44:53 PM by Talore »
Backseat moderator (voice) -_-

Rymosrac

• Curious George
  • You were expecting?
    • Email
« Reply #666 on: August 18, 2010, 04:56:42 PM »
Q170: How can I use a two-handed weapon while grappling?
Shh. My common sense is tingling. . .

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #667 on: August 18, 2010, 05:00:07 PM »
Q171:  I've seen reference to making a character a lycanthrope with Murder of Crows as the base creature.  This seems strange as that is a swarm?  Is that allowed?  

Q171B:  Why is this done?  Why Murder of Crows?

Q155: What does a Sapphire Hierarch do? 

Bump.  And to be more specific, what sort of party role should this character play since it has less chakras available to it.
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Quote from: Negative Zero on November 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #668 on: August 18, 2010, 05:08:44 PM »

Perfect, you are awesome good sir.

EDIT: Do I get the incorporeal subtype, including the CHA-> Deflection bonus to AC?
Yep.  Comes up at first level.  You normally hang out all solid and shit on the ethereal plane, but as a standard action can also be incorporeal on the material plane.

Note that the online savage progressions are slightly different, in that they explicitly don't require you to take all levels of them.  So just never take the horrible fifth level.
Planetouched Handbook

Saxony

• Donkey Kong
  • My avatar is from the anime "Pani Poni Dash!".
« Reply #669 on: August 18, 2010, 07:06:52 PM »
A170: No, it has to be a light weapon if I recall correctly.
If I say something about real world physics, and someone disagrees, assume I am right 90% of the time. This number goes up to 100% if I am late night posting - trust me, my star dust sibs.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #670 on: August 18, 2010, 07:12:58 PM »
There are two ways I can think of: one involves at least 18 levels of Fighter (ICK!) (Weapon Supremacy)

The other, which is far, far more enjoyable, is the Wolverine Stance (Tiger Claw 4, stance).
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #671 on: August 18, 2010, 07:29:05 PM »
Wolverine's Stance actually limits you to a one-handed weapon.
Quote from: Wolverine's Stance
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #672 on: August 18, 2010, 07:29:32 PM »
Q 157:  It looks like Battle Jump will allow you to ignore a blocked charge line by simply leaping over the obstacles/enemies in the way and initiating your charge from a point in mid-air instead of where you started the round.  Does this work?

Explicitly Yes.

Bump.  And to be more specific, what sort of party role should this character play since it has less chakras available to it.

You're a Cleric, except with less casting and a few neat soulmeld options.  Therapeutic Mantle can be fun if you want to heal, though personally I use it to tank with Martial Spirit.

Sapphire Hierarch makes a good tank.  It's a decent healer, if you're one of those people who insist on healing with spells (WHY?) You can get a nice CL boost to Mass CLW.  You can also, in a pinch, be a trapfinder.
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.

Rymosrac

• Curious George
  • You were expecting?
    • Email
« Reply #673 on: August 18, 2010, 07:32:24 PM »
There are two ways I can think of: one involves at least 18 levels of Fighter (ICK!) (Weapon Supremacy)

The other, which is far, far more enjoyable, is the Wolverine Stance (Tiger Claw 4, stance).

Here's an extension that may be relevant. Improved Grab and Scorpion's Grasp both allow you to not be considered grappled while grappling an opponent with one limb. Assuming you still had two hands free, could you then attack the foe you were grappling with a two-handed weapon, since you are not considered grappled?
Shh. My common sense is tingling. . .

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #674 on: August 18, 2010, 07:36:43 PM »
Q171:  I've seen reference to making a character a lycanthrope with Murder of Crows as the base creature.  This seems strange as that is a swarm?  Is that allowed?  

Q171B:  Why is this done?  Why Murder of Crows?

Bump.  And to be more specific, what sort of party role should this character play since it has less chakras available to it.

Murder of crows is perfectly valid provided you meet the size restrictions. It has the animal type and the only qualifier for choosing an animal for a lycanthrope is:

As for sapphire heirarch its main point is that it advances cleric casting along with incarnum.... Cleric 3/Incarnate 2/Sapphire Heirarch 10

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #675 on: August 18, 2010, 07:44:51 PM »
Crow murder does something fairly interesting that makes them a good choice, as well. Con damage? Bleed? Something interesting like that.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #676 on: August 18, 2010, 07:48:58 PM »
I would like to see the lycanthrope for a murder of crows. Where did you see that? Could someone post its abilities and stuff here?
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #677 on: August 18, 2010, 07:51:30 PM »
Q 171. What class makes the best Grappler for a Goliath?
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #678 on: August 18, 2010, 07:56:38 PM »
War hulk?
Planetouched Handbook

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #679 on: August 18, 2010, 07:57:30 PM »
War hulk?
incarnate splash.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]