Author Topic: Interesting idea  (Read 1563 times)

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Interesting idea
« on: July 24, 2010, 07:47:29 PM »
According to the adaption section of Abjurant Champion it can be adapted for psionic use. This seems all well and good until you come across the interation of its capstone with Ardent.

Martial Arcanist:
Caster Manifester level  is equal to Base Attack Bonus.

This leads to builds like Ardent 1/(Full BAB class) 13/Abjurant Champion 5/Ardent 1 with 9th level powers (Manifester level 19) though not much PP.

Anyway, requires use of an adaptation section but I'm looking for interesting builds using this concept.

Class requirements should be the same other than a few things (for build purposes i thought it best to have some set requirements)
Combat Casting > Combat Manifestation
1st level spell > 1st level powers.
Abjuration > Psycokinisis

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
Re: Interesting idea
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 08:20:02 PM »
As I am playing this in your game, I would mention that there are very few extendable Psychokinesis powers, even more so the Ardent lists.
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Interesting idea
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 08:55:01 PM »
Huh. Limit Break anyone? Works best with a kalashtar.

What about this?

Kalashtar ardent 1/warblade 13/abjurant champion 5/warblade +1
Feats: Quicken power
Manifest quickened fission, then both you and your duplicate initiate time stands still on the same target. If you want to be crazy, do this in gestalt with arcane duelist and eternal blade on the other side. A shame you can't Twin fission, because if you could combine that with a theoretical swift fission power... :D

EDIT: Dominant Ideal = reduce cost of metapsionics by 2 and you don't need to expend focus. So once or twice per day your fighter can use Maximised Empowered tornado blast.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 09:30:18 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]