Author Topic: The 3.5 Caster Classes Index  (Read 68631 times)

Beltendu

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: The 3.5 Caster Classes Index
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 03:31:39 PM »
But, IIRC, they are considered spells for all purposes, unlike Shadowcasters, psionics, or warlocks/DFAs.  I could be misremembering though.

gorfnad

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 07:01:13 PM »
But, IIRC, they are considered spells for all purposes, unlike Shadowcasters, psionics, or warlocks/DFAs.  I could be misremembering though.
With Shadowcasters their higher level mysteries are cast as spells. As you level in  Shadowcaster your lower level mysteries eventually become spell like abilities or supernatural abilities but the highest level grouping  (apprentice, initiate, or master) of whatever level mysteries you can cast are cast as spells.

Ivory Knight

• Curious George
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2010, 07:44:42 PM »
From the Miniatures Handbook: Healer(Spontaneous Divine 0-9, 9th level spells by ECL 18, own list, knows his complete list)

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2010, 07:55:47 PM »
Eberron Adept - same as Adept but adds one Domain, minor hinkyness not worth investigating, could be considered just a variant

Magewright {eberrron} - technically NPC only, Arcane 1 to 5 , very short list , even shorter spell access (details = snore)

how about the Savage Species Racial Classes - that exist and have some sort of caster progression ?

no psi ?
boo.

Viletta Vadim

• Curious George
  • Metal Genocider, maximum shooto!
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2010, 08:50:27 PM »
From the Miniatures Handbook: Healer(Spontaneous Divine 0-9, 9th level spells by ECL 18, own list, knows his complete list)
Healer is prepared, stupid as that is.  They don't even get spontaneous cure spells.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 03:57:27 AM »
Hmm 3 full days was alot to miss ;)

Ty Surreal. Knight of the Weave added as is the rest of CoV

Pious Templar and Comp Divine are finished as well.

Hm hm. Nice to have a list. But wouldn't it be MUCH better if there was a source mentioned? Just (book/page), so one can actually find the classes? An index really should point to the source.

Ah, and maybe a short description. Just one sentence to give a hint at the flavour and/or focus of the ability like:
There already is a PrC index. I'd love you to add said descriptions for me. The focus of this is organization and summaries have never been a strong point of mine.

Agita very nice catch on the other advanced learnings. I knew the sublime chord and the others but simply forgot.

Factotum (Prepared Arcane SLA 1-7) Int --- Dungeonscape

PRC
Trapsmith (Spontaneous Arcane 1-3 [own list with spells normally up to 5th level) Int --- Dungeonscape
Chameleon ( Prepared Arcane [any] and Divine [any] 1-6) Int/Wis --- RoDestiny
Lore Delver (Illumian only 9/10 Arcane) ---RoDestiny
Scar Enforcer (non-good, Half-elf 5/10 Existing Casting class) ---RoDestiny
Thanks for the first three. The last two aren't for this thread.

Behold!
http://www.spelldb.com/

[spoiler]Incomplete, and I haven't checked for overlap, but here's my list of PrCs with spellcasting
BOED:
Apostle of Peace
Beloved of Valarian
Champion of Gwynharwyf
Emissary of Barachiel
Exalted Arcanist
Slayer of Domiel
Vassal of Bahamut
BOVD:
Demonologist
Mortal Hunter
CD:
Consecrated Harrier
Temple Raider of Olidammara
CW:
Knight of the Chalice
Draconomicon:
Hoardstealer
Dungeonscape:
Trapsmith
FRCS:
Harper Scout
Ghostwalk:
Bone Collector
MoF:
Gnome Artificer
Planar HB:
Fatemaker
Races of Faerun:
Bladesinger
Unapproachable East:
Durthan
Nar Demonbinder
Nentyar Hunter
Runescarred Berserker
Telflammar Shadowlord
Thayan Slaver
Underdark:
Prime Underdark Guide[/spoiler]
Nice. I'll attack this soon. Neither of ours or that one is complete but maybe mine can become that way...

With Shadowcasters their higher level mysteries are cast as spells. As you level in  Shadowcaster your lower level mysteries eventually become spell like abilities or supernatural abilities but the highest level grouping  (apprentice, initiate, or master) of whatever level mysteries you can cast are cast as spells.
At one time I learned the mechanic. Can you spit out information for this class in the format?

Dragon Compendium could go in

Death Master (prepared arcane) int
Jester (1-6 spontaneous arcane) cha
Savant (1-4 prepared arcane and divine, limited spells known) int/wis
Sha'ir (semi-prepared arcane; nigh-spontaneous access to the entire sorc/wiz list) cha
:)

Healer and MH added.

Eberron Adept - same as Adept but adds one Domain, minor hinkyness not worth investigating, could be considered just a variant

Magewright {eberrron} - technically NPC only, Arcane 1 to 5 , very short list , even shorter spell access (details = snore)

how about the Savage Species Racial Classes - that exist and have some sort of caster progression ?

no psi ? boo.
Page on the eberron adept and magewright? Are there any that SSP boost casting?

And guys I would have added the alternate casting systems had I known of any PrCs that grant a similar type of casting. Warlock and dragon fire adept PrCs don't give SLAs to non warlocks or DFAs. Same with psionics or binding or truenaming, etc except in incarnum's own little book. Other than the base classes I see no reason to include those alternate systems... Besides it cuts down on my work load :lol
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 04:55:01 AM by PlzBreakMyCampaign »
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

gorfnad

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 04:48:03 AM »
With Shadowcasters their higher level mysteries are cast as spells. As you level in  Shadowcaster your lower level mysteries eventually become spell like abilities or supernatural abilities but the highest level grouping  (apprentice, initiate, or master) of whatever level mysteries you can cast are cast as spells.
At one time I learned the mechanic. Can you spit out information for this class in the format?
Okay then

Level - Casting ability
1st - Fundamentals (basically cantrips) function as Supernatural Abilities, Apprentice Mysteries cast as arcane spells (somatic components, arcane spell failure, etc...pick up Still Mystery if you want to wear armor)
7th - Apprentice Mysteries function as Spell Like Abilities, Initiate Mysteries cast as arcane spells
13th - Apprentice Mysteries function as Supernatural Abilities, Initiate Mysteries function as Spell Like Abilities, Master Mysteries cast as arcane spells

When Mysteries are cast as arcane spells you can cast each of them 1/day
When Mysteries become Spell Like Abilities you can use each of them 2/day
When Mysteries become Supernatural Abilities you can use each of them 3/day

At 1st level you know 3 Fundamentals and 1 Mystery. You gain 1 Mystery known at every level (similar to how a Psychic Warrior and its Powers Known) and at 4th level and every 4 levels after you learn an additional Fundamental. At 14th level+ Fundamentals can be used at will. You get bonus feats, chosen from a specific list, equal to half the total number of paths you have access to rounded down (I prefer to use the author's fix and go with whenever you complete a path you gain a bonus feat). The level of Mysteries you can cast is equal to the same level of Wizard and what level of spells they can cast (ie. a 5th level Wizard can cast 3rd level spells, a 5th level Shadowcaster can cast 3rd level Mysteries).
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 04:52:46 AM by gorfnad »

Ivory Knight

• Curious George
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2010, 07:23:42 AM »
@ Psionics:
There are Classes, that grant a Progression all of their own.
I only know for sure: Warmind over 10 Levels 6 Powers known of up to 5th Power Level & 70PP

How about 3rd Party?
Since you already count in the Mystic from Dragonlance, Holy Orders of the Stars has some PrC with their own Spelllist & Progression.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 10:06:14 AM »
Fist of Zuoken (or Psionic Fist int he SRD) also gives its own power progression.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2010, 03:33:05 AM »
I checked before I looked here that there is 1 in complete psionic and the psionics handbook. I sorta meant non-psionics books with manifesting granting classes. If one of those exists I'll add the three.

And about the dragonlance stuff, I've never been very sure about it. I know from WotC's sight that DCS is fair game and I think Age of Mortals and the Bestiary of Kyrnn are too. Does anyone know?

Also that spell database... is it all-inclusive aside from the 8 that are 'coming soon'?
[Spoiler]
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2010, 04:01:29 AM »
Nah, it still has some gaps.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Ivory Knight

• Curious George
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2010, 05:02:32 AM »
Just flipped through Dragonmarked, there are 2 PrC that might apply:
Cyre Scout: Spontaneous Infusions 1-4(9/10 progression); own list, knows all
Vadalis Beastkeeper: Prepared Divine 1-4; own (short) list, knows all

Sjappo

• Cheers
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2010, 05:30:49 AM »
It would be nice to off a list of PrC who progress spellcasting to this list.

gorfnad

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2010, 11:30:42 AM »
Requesting help with PrCs to get them all. Please submit in my current format, atleast.
I forgot the mystic ranger Drag Mag and page. It just added a few 5th level spells knowable correct?
Dragon Magazine #336 page 105
Spell casting stat is Wis as normal ranger
[spoiler]
Mystic Ranger

Gain:

* Spell progression starting at 0th level spells at first level, continuing up to a small list of 5th level spells
    * Spellcraft as a class skill

Lose:

* Animal Companion
    * Melee Martial Weapons (keep ranged)
    * Shield Proficiency
    * 5th favored enemy

Unchanged -- ie: come at the standard levels:

* Track
    * Wild Empathy
    * Swift Tracker
    * Woodland Stride
    * Camouflage
    * Evasion
    * Hide in Plain sight

Changed -- ie: come at different levels:

* Endurance comes one level later
    * Combat styles come 1 lvl later than usually
    * 1st favored enemy comes 1 lvl later than usually
    * 2nd and 3rd favored enemies come 3 lvls later than usually
    * 4th favored enemy comes at 20th. no 5th favored enemy.

Additional Spells list:
0th level:
create water, cure minor wounds, flare, guidance, know direction, light, mending, purify food and drink, resistance, virtue
5th level:
awaken, baleful polymorph, control winds, cure critical wounds, summon nature's ally V, wall of thorns.

Spells Per Day
      0 1 2 3 4 5
1.   2
2.   2 1
3.   2 2
4.   3 2 1
5.   3 2 2
6.   3 3 2 1
7.   3 3 2 2
8.   4 3 3 2 1
9.   4 4 3 2 2
10. 4 4 3 3 2 1
11. 4 4 4 3 2 2
12. 4 4 4 3 3 2
13. 5 4 4 4 3 3
14. 5 4 4 4 4 3
15. 5 5 4 4 4 3
16. 5 5 5 4 4 3
17. 5 5 5 4 4 4
18. 5 5 5 4 4 4
19. 5 5 5 5 4 4
20. 5 5 5 5 4 4 [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 11:33:30 AM by gorfnad »

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2010, 06:08:31 PM »
Dang, I found plenty of references to Eberron Adept and Magewright via googling.
But wizards may have taken down the ToC ... at least it's hidden.

Sav Species ... I'm not sure I follow.
Some monster class progressions have built in Caster progressions.
I suppose there's no other way to advance the caster stuff via PrCs or racial hd.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2010, 06:47:00 PM »
@TML cool

dragonmarked is done

It would be nice to off a list of PrC who progress spellcasting to this list.
this project would be hundreds of PrCs. Have fun with that.

about the savage progressions that's pretty much racial casting. Which this thread covers quite nicely. I thought the difference was clear. I'll add it to the OP along with the ways to expand spell-lists
[Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2010, 10:47:41 PM »
Bumping because I finished the entire spell data site's information and incorporated it.

I know there must be other books with PrCs that grant casting. I just found one randomly today in the Beastiary of Krynn. Can anyone find any others?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 10:50:28 PM by PlzBreakMyCampaign »
[Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2010, 10:51:00 PM »
Here's imarvintpa's list of spell lists.  Overlap exists because I'm too lazy to remove it.

Arcane
   Assassin
   Beguiler
   Bard
   Demonologist
   Duskblade
   Exalted Arcanist
   Hexblade
   The Hoardstealer
   Harper Guide
   Mortal Hunter
   Prime Underdark Guide
   Slayer of Domiel
   Sorcerer/Wizard
   Warmage
   Wu jen
Divine
   Adept
   Apostle of Peace
   Archivist
   Blighter
   Blackguard
   Beloved of Valarian
   Ghampion of Gwynharwyf
   Cleric
   Druid
   Emissary of Barachiel
   Healer
   Hunter of the Dead
   Initiate of Deity
   Knight of the Chalice
   Paladin
   Ranger
   Shugenja
   Vassal of Bahamut

Other
   Artificer
   Corrupt
   Holder
   Hathran
   Sanctified
Planetouched Handbook

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2010, 01:07:21 AM »
Hunter of the Dead
   Knight of the Chalice
   Corrupt
Avenger. These are the ones I added, as is CW, HH, and FRCS. Sanctified doesn't help, Hathran is just 5 spells added while Exalted Arcanist had just some expanded knowledge. Can I get a source for "Initiate of Deity"?
[Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2010, 11:13:32 AM »
Anyway, yes, you could play a WuJen.  It's essentially a mini campaign setting for DnD.  It's also very unupdated 3.0 material.  The books are published by Wizards of the Coast...
Planetouched Handbook