Author Topic: Bizarre Optimization Challenge - Grig Divine Prankster  (Read 4097 times)

AngellusMortus

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Bizarre Optimization Challenge - Grig Divine Prankster
« on: July 09, 2010, 08:08:28 PM »
First of all, hello to everyone who hasn't see me on other forums - this is my first time on Brilliant Gameologists and I'm glad to be here. I thought I would open my forays into the forum by experimenting with a rather unusual character concept.

Essentially, my DM challenged us to have a group of "silly" yet powerful characters. We had to run our combinations by him for approval on whether or not they were ridiculous or humorous enough. As such, they are largely unoptimized in terms of PrCs and such. However, because we can't optimize our classes too much, he's allowing us to do just about anything with feats/magical items/etc.

My character is going to be a Grig (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/sprite.htm) Divine Prankster (RoS, he's allowing a non-gnome to enter), specializing in forcing people to dance with the Fiddle special ability, drawing them into the Fiddles range with Enrage, laughing at all the dancing creatures around him, and using Killing Jokes at higher levels to dispose of them. My question is, what would be the best way to optimize this? He's allowing DMM/Persistent Spell, so I'm quite sure I'll be using that and all the shenanigans that will ensue...any ideas on other good combinations, or on particularly hilarious things I might be able to accomplish? Thanks in advance!

AngellusMortus

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: Bizarre Optimization Challenge - Grig Divine Prankster
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 10:02:43 PM »
I can't believe I forgot posting etiquette 101 and forgot to list books allowed...All Completes, all "Races," Book of Exalted Deeds and Vile Darkness, Stormwrack, Frostburn, Sandstorm, Draconomicon, Libris Mortis, MiC and SpC. No campaign setting specific, no Core IIs, no Dragon Magazine, no Heroes of/Champions of/Tome ofs.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 12:57:12 AM »
Get a cloaker as a pet, and wear it, so you've got a backup sonic attack?  And look cool, of course.,
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

AngellusMortus

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 04:50:57 PM »
Get a cloaker as a pet, and wear it, so you've got a backup sonic attack?  And look cool, of course.,

Love the idea! Would have to shrink it quite a bit, being that I'm tiny, but that sounds entertaining.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 05:14:58 PM »
Well, having a massive cloak that's several times larger than you could be pretty amusing.  Just describe it dragging everywhere, like Die Fldermaus.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 01:06:24 AM »
Look at the Pipes of Frenzied Revelry in MIC.  That provides some rather amusing situations in combat on its own.

Attack someone and then they keep kissing you until the effect wears off  :P
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

AngellusMortus

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 03:17:10 AM »
Thats one of the most awesome things I've ever heard! LOL, gotta try that!

AngellusMortus

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 08:06:05 PM »
Would it be at all worth it to try to get things like Snowflake Wardance to be viable in Melee combat as well? He'd be a triple threat with Cleric spells, limitless crowd control with Fiddle (Su), and the ability to hold his own in a fight as well. Grig's get Weapon Finesse naturally, and with Snowflake Wardance and Divine Power, his attack rolls would be pretty awesome - problem being that I'd be using Tiny weapons. Any way to optimize this?