Author Topic: Different request  (Read 3292 times)

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
Re: Different request
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2010, 12:51:27 PM »
Get him to explicitly say what "reasonable is" so you can effectively build around that. That will help you avoid issues in the future.

SeekingKnight

• Curious George
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2010, 02:54:18 PM »
Reasonable is what will work in the confines of the group.  So things like human standards of abilities.  No using iffy loop holes in rules, which to at least him and another player was the size issues when I used the templates. It is funny that when I had my character with a 32 strength the DM said it was like I was a level 10 character, which to me is like "huh".

Also the DM wants the power level to be equal.  So the main heavy hitter is the dwarf barbarian, the cleric is the heal bot, the sorcerer is the blaster (he cannot wait till 6th level to get fireball), and the rogue is the party's trap finder/part time face.  Given the make up and the fact that a melee hitter doing at most 20 odd damage on a crit (which has been houseruled to if you roll a 20 you get the crit but instead of rolling the dice  and multiplying instead you roll the dice twice, unless you rolled another 20 then it is a triple crit and so on untill you stop rolling 20s).  The rogue hides automaticly, as in if the player does not said "I'm hiding." the DM will do something to either hit the rogue or slightly embarass the rogue.  The cleric does turning, healing, and so far cast concencrate when we were fighting some large zombies.  The sorcerer is elf and us the magic missle user or casting grease, also rope trick in case the DMPC is used up with spells.

So as long as I do not outshine this make up I will be fine and with what you all have suggested I should be fine. 

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2010, 02:21:08 PM »

Given those restrictions your debuffing DN might be for the best as what you do is mostly make the enemies easier for your team to deal with. If it does not work out you might want to try a buffing focused bard or similar to enhance your teammates, then you could optimize and all it would do is bring the whole team up which the DM and team likely would not object to.

Drull

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2010, 02:22:51 PM »
I know you said no multiclassing would be preferable, however consider this a chance to try out a proper no cheese Fochlucan Lyrist :).

The fact the class itself says its made for extensive multiclassing might soothe the DM (although looking at the FL himself might cause him to cringe, if he's not comfortable with how 3.5 works, FL stats can seem.... well, too strong :P).

And if you're set on necromancer and not bard, you could probably go necromancer>virtuoso and still qualify,heck, even a dread necro > virtuoso should be ok (not at my books right now so I could be wrong)

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2010, 02:34:21 PM »
you might be able to do dread necro > virtuoso but the 10 ranks of preform would be a pain to get... no reduction on that some how and you would need to be level 17 before you could enter. (at which point dread necro's capstone is looking really nice)

Ivory Knight

• Curious George
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2010, 02:55:03 PM »
Human Paragon does the trick, but I doubt it would fly.
While we're at it: Fiendblooded is not a bad PrC for a DN either(it adds spells known, improves ability scores and familiar) also from Heroes of Horror.

SeekingKnight

• Curious George
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2010, 04:42:40 PM »
*chuckles* I did a half orc paragon with my 32 str dungeon crashing zhentarim figher build.  When I said I took 2 levels in the class and said the word "prestige" DM was like "Prestige?  I remember when you had to be like 10th level to prestige a class (back in AD&D which was true..and 4th ed did it so it is an odd mix)".  So human paragon would be nice but may be a tad much for the group, still an idea though.

Nice prestige class suggestions.  I may go dread witch for the fear powers and maybe fiendblooded but i need to look at fiendblooded.  I will take a risk and go for Imperilous Command for my 6th level feat to see how it works out.  If DM says no to it later on I will see if I can go for Undead Leadership or regular Leadership.  Get a binder or a hexblade for some synergy goodness, maybe even a marshal  :lol.

As for skill ranks I think it is by the rules though I do not think the dm really pays attention to cross class ranks.  I need to check.  Anywho all ty!