Author Topic: How to (ab)use Thrallherd for fun and profit?  (Read 30985 times)

Bastian

• Bi-Curious George
Re: How to (ab)use Thrallherd for fun and profit?
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2010, 03:43:44 PM »
Hmm i like the idea of creating a 'legion'esque character, though theres one thing i dont quite understand.

Temporal Reiteration takes 1 swift action, so as your only swift action youd be using it on font of power for endless power. So how is fusion lasting 24/7? Both schism and you casting Temporal Reiteration? And if thats the case then youd only be able to persist one fusion at a time, rather than multiple fusions. Im assuming since theres nothing in fusion regarding fusing with multiple creatures then youd have to cast fusion on each individual creature, and thus would have to persist each and every fusion some how. What am i missing? >_>
You're not missing anything. They just forgot that Temporal Reiteration only works on one thing at a time.

Chilastra022

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2010, 04:42:06 PM »
now to find a gm crazy enough to let me pull this off xP

CustosTheFluffy

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • Something witty will one day go here....
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2010, 06:10:41 PM »
Temporal Reiteration - "The past round does not count as time spent from the duration of ongoing effects on you such as rage, spell duration, and poison. Manifesting this power effectively increases their duration for you by 1 round. Augment: For every 4 additional power points you spend, you can share the power's effect with one additional person who is within 30 feet of you at the time you manifest the power."

Emphasis mine, of course. But it seems that if it is on you with a countdown timer then TR keeps it ticking.

Bastian

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2010, 09:17:58 PM »
Temporal Reiteration - "The past round does not count as time spent from the duration of ongoing effects on you such as rage, spell duration, and poison. Manifesting this power effectively increases their duration for you by 1 round. Augment: For every 4 additional power points you spend, you can share the power's effect with one additional person who is within 30 feet of you at the time you manifest the power."

Emphasis mine, of course. But it seems that if it is on you with a countdown timer then TR keeps it ticking.
That's what I get for opening my mouth before checking if my friend was using a nerfed version of it. :banghead Sorry.

CustosTheFluffy

• Email
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2010, 09:52:38 PM »
All good.

But that is why we need a long list of psionic buffs and powers, such as things that give PR and flight, that we can throw down. As well as any buffs that another party member can give. Currently making a Psion/Metamind character with a Fighter/Warhulk character. No buffs and fused we have a Psion who has a strength of 42. BOW DOWN TO MY FISTS AND MIND BULLETS! Now if only I could get the intelligence that high. Haha.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 09:57:25 PM by CustosTheFluffy »

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2010, 10:03:43 PM »
What book's Temporal Reiteration from?

Oh, and if it wouldn't mess up the legion too much, make the beginning character an Elan.
They get a set of four feats that grant you bonuses on their racial abilities.
The new abilities they get are:
-Never need to Eat/Drink again
-When you get attacked, you can lower the damage by 4/pp. You have infinite PP
-Get a +6 racial bonus to saving throws by spending 1 pp. Lasts a round. TI means that it's permanent
-Retain your psionic focus by spending 3 pp.

Sadly, it's a race with -2 on it's charisma, but you are freakin' tough to kill.
No one can damage you, you have a +6 on saves, you don't need to eat or drink, and whenever you expend your psionic focus, you get it back immediately.

I love Elans. Now if they only went well with bards...
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

CustosTheFluffy

• Email
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2010, 10:30:22 PM »
Now just need to keep from sleeping.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2010, 10:37:53 PM »
Now just need to keep from sleeping.
Greater Metamorphosis into an outsider/plant/undead/elemental and fuse with another being of the same type.  You can change back as a swift action (NOTE: this does mean that all of the durations actually advance a round, but you have a few rounds of leeway to do this with.)

Alternatively, Fuse with a caster that has Shapechange.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2010, 10:44:48 PM »
Be an outsider to begin with?
Neraph?

CustosTheFluffy

• Email
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2010, 10:58:06 PM »
Well if we combine racial abilities could be a Elan/Warforged Fusion....

Bastian

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2010, 11:03:08 PM »
You can't do an Elan/Warforged Fusion, the target is "You and one touched willing creature of your type and your size or smaller."

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2010, 11:47:59 PM »
You can't do an Elan/Warforged Fusion, the target is "You and one touched willing creature of your type and your size or smaller."
Isn't there a feat that makes you an outsider or something. Otherworldly? I've seen it somewhere.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Chilastra022

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2010, 12:06:59 AM »
I wish, but unfortunately no, Otherworldly makes you an Outsider (Native), would still need to eat and sleep. So far it seems the only way to avoid sleep is either warforged or Neraph, neither are terribly appealing (atleast to me ;s).  Fusing with other constructs isnt nearly as cool, and neraph are ugly as sin >.<. Although i suppose your appearance changes when you fuse with something neh? So i guess the uglyness of a neraph would be temporary. but thats a lot of levels of uglyness >_>
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 12:12:57 AM by Chilastra022 »

CustosTheFluffy

• Email
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2010, 12:12:55 AM »
Sucks, cause so far the Font of Power makes the Elan nigh-unstoppable.

Chilastra022

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2010, 12:13:45 AM »
I wonder if you can alternate sleeping between your schismed mind and yourself? or would both have to sleep at the same time?

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2010, 12:15:22 AM »
Hence my suggestion of Greater Metamorphosis or Shapechange.  You can pick your type when you want and fuse with anything.  Win win! (also Fusion and Greater Metamorphosis are on the same list).  Fuse with an outsider (might as well go awesome and do an Aspect of Demogorgon) and a Warforged for tons of nice immunities/abilities.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

By yes, she means no.
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Chilastra022

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2010, 12:23:18 AM »
The only thing that concerns me about that, is fusion and greater metamorphosis running into the same problem as a caster using shapechange to turn into a greater dopplegangar/mindflayer/illithid/anything that steals stuff. Technically anything acquired while shapechanged is tied to that specific form, and thus when you changed, youd lose it all. Wouldnt a similar thing happen with fusion and greater metamorphosis? If you change into a form, and start fusing with creature of like-type, then theyd be fused with -that- particular form your in currently, so if you ever changed into something else, theyd be expelled from you?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 12:26:18 AM by Chilastra022 »

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2010, 12:27:19 AM »
Nope.  Because now thier type changes with yours (they and you are one being).  Just be sure to end with a type that doesn't need to sleep and you're set.

By yes, she means no.
[/spoiler]

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2010, 12:39:41 AM »
I wish, but unfortunately no, Otherworldly makes you an Outsider (Native), would still need to eat and sleep.
I meant have the warforged and the elan take otherworldly so they are the same type.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

CustosTheFluffy

• Email
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2010, 12:42:33 AM »
I wish, but unfortunately no, Otherworldly makes you an Outsider (Native), would still need to eat and sleep.
I meant have the warforged and the elan take otherworldly so they are the same type.
Kinky