Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question: Robot Ninja Pirate Edition  (Read 128225 times)

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
Re: Ask a Simple Question: Robot Ninja Pirate Edition
« Reply #460 on: June 22, 2010, 03:30:02 PM »
Q129: Are there any fast-progressing classes or PrC's that use/access the Druid's spell list?  In particular, I want to be able to get 9th level spells from it.
Blighter...

:sofa
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

GawainBS

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #461 on: June 22, 2010, 03:35:56 PM »
Q129: Are there any fast-progressing classes or PrC's that use/access the Druid's spell list?  In particular, I want to be able to get 9th level spells from it.

A 129: IIRC, Blightlord or something similar, from MotW and CD.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #462 on: June 22, 2010, 03:44:16 PM »
Blighter...

:sofa
Has its own (crappy) spell list that has some overlap.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #463 on: June 22, 2010, 04:50:05 PM »
A kobold with the right archetype maybe?
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #464 on: June 22, 2010, 05:22:30 PM »
The character this is for is already built and, while of the dragon type, is not a True Dragon (half dragon raptoran).  I have 9th level Cleric and Sorcerer spells already, but I want the spells that Miracle can't get me.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Hitoshura

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #465 on: June 22, 2010, 06:21:54 PM »
Q127) Until where does Share Spells extent?

If a wizard casts Wish at my character for, say, Inherent Bonuses, will the animal companion recieve it too?
What about Custom Continuous Effects Items? Let's say i get a Hood's Swift Haste continuous item, will the Animal Companion be hasted as well?

Nobody?

Also...
Q130) Let's say i'm a Cleric 1 / Druid 19, am i able to cast my cleric domain spells as druid spells? i mean, not as domain spells, but as known spells...

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #466 on: June 22, 2010, 06:27:49 PM »
Q127) Until where does Share Spells extent?

If a wizard casts Wish at my character for, say, Inherent Bonuses, will the animal companion recieve it too?
What about Custom Continuous Effects Items? Let's say i get a Hood's Swift Haste continuous item, will the Animal Companion be hasted as well?

Nobody?

Also...
Q130) Let's say i'm a Cleric 1 / Druid 19, am i able to cast my cleric domain spells as druid spells? i mean, not as domain spells, but as known spells...
130b: no. Spells don't cross class lines that way.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #467 on: June 22, 2010, 06:27:59 PM »
You're probably not getting answers because the questions are too obvious, and boring.

A127:
Share Spells (Ex): At the druid's option, she may have any spell (but not any spell-like ability) she casts upon herself also affect her animal companion.
If a wizard casts Wish at your character, you didn't cast the spell yourself, so the animal companion gets nothing.  Same with a spell effect provided continuously by an item.

A130: Of course not.  You can only cast your domain spells from domain spell slots.  Druid does not have domain spell slots.

Druid's pretty broken even just with the core books, but come on, if you want to break your druid, at least put some effort into it.
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

Hitoshura

« Reply #468 on: June 22, 2010, 06:35:23 PM »
You're probably not getting answers because the questions are too obvious, and boring.

A127:
Share Spells (Ex): At the druid's option, she may have any spell (but not any spell-like ability) she casts upon herself also affect her animal companion.
If a wizard casts Wish at your character, you didn't cast the spell yourself, so the animal companion gets nothing.  Same with a spell effect provided continuously by an item.

A130: Of course not.  You can only cast your domain spells from domain spell slots.  Druid does not have domain spell slots.

Druid's pretty broken even just with the core books, but come on, if you want to break your druid, at least put some effort into it.

Sorry about that...  :(

Thanks for the help

About 127, even if i made the item myself as a continuous, or if i made it Use-Activated, it wouldn't work?

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #469 on: June 22, 2010, 06:39:00 PM »

A127:
If a wizard casts Wish at your character, you didn't cast the spell yourself, so the animal companion gets nothing.  Same with a spell effect provided continuously by an item.

A130: Of course not.  You can only cast your domain spells from domain spell slots.  Druid does not have domain spell slots.

Sorry about that...  :(

Thanks for the help

About 127, even if i made the item myself as a continuous, or if i made it Use-Activated, it wouldn't work?
unless the item was a scroll, staff, or other spell completion item where you actually cast the spell, no.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Zombieboots

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Ska-ull
« Reply #470 on: June 22, 2010, 10:40:58 PM »
Q131) Is there a feat out there that "Counts" as Combat Expertise? But is not Combat Expertise.

(Similar to Toughness & Improved Toughness, Combat Reflexes & Evasion Reflexes, or Dodge to Midnight Dodge)
Ah! Maddness. Thank you.[spoiler][/spoiler]

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #471 on: June 22, 2010, 10:51:26 PM »
Q131) Is there a feat out there that "Counts" as Combat Expertise? But is not Combat Expertise.

(Similar to Toughness & Improved Toughness, Combat Reflexes & Evasion Reflexes, or Dodge to Midnight Dodge)
You forgot Kobold Toughness
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #472 on: June 22, 2010, 11:03:40 PM »

He wasn't trying to list every feat that can count as another feat.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Glutton

• Email
« Reply #473 on: June 22, 2010, 11:05:03 PM »

Not fast progressing but oddly enough natures warrior 2 gives you casting as a druid if you where not a spellcaster already. Useless I know, but interesting.

Zombieboots

• Ska-ull
« Reply #474 on: June 22, 2010, 11:06:34 PM »
He wasn't trying to list every feat that can count as another feat.
He's just a critic, with no answers. Tough thing to be if ya ask me.

I joke. :p
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 11:15:23 PM by Zombieboots »

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #475 on: June 22, 2010, 11:18:01 PM »

Yes there is. I think it's Rapid Counter, or something like that.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Zombieboots

• Ska-ull
« Reply #476 on: June 23, 2010, 12:16:08 AM »
Hmn not finding anything under Rapid or anything under Counter, unless it's in Ebberron. Wizards search brought up nothing. I did find Rapid Counter which is a diamond mind maneuver, which I am actually of thinking of taking for my Warblade so thank you!
but I would still like to know if such a feat exists.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #477 on: June 23, 2010, 12:30:09 AM »
Hmn not finding anything under Rapid or anything under Counter, unless it's in Ebberron. Wizards search brought up nothing. I did find Rapid Counter which is a diamond mind maneuver, which I am actually of thinking of taking for my Warblade so thank you!
but I would still like to know if such a feat exists.
Maybe that's it. I haven't seen it personally, but our warblade/swordsage was the one using it, so maybe it's not a feat. He just hit 15 HD so that could be my confusion.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Saeomon

• A real rules lawyer
« Reply #478 on: June 23, 2010, 01:03:05 AM »
Q132: Do the feats Psionic Shot and Greater Psionic Shot work with the Entangling Ectoplasm power?

sir_argenon

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #479 on: June 23, 2010, 04:48:15 AM »
Q133: can a flying dungeon crasher, bullrush a target into the ground that it is standing on to trigger the dungeon crash damage?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 04:51:31 AM by sir_argenon »