Author Topic: Building a Cleric:  (Read 5474 times)

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
Re: Building a Cleric:
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 03:19:51 PM »
Hmr, well the completes are also on your source list which does mean that CD domains are also in, right?  A pity planning domain isn't.

Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2010, 07:56:49 PM »
It's not really that domains are banned, it's that the gods only have pathfinder domains (which aren't exactly as varied as the normal ones.) because the gods are from a pathfinder setting. Oh, and the DM wants to see what I can produce without him changing any domains. Some domains, like Artifice, aren't actually in the sources hes given us, but are on the domain lists. (Artifice is in Eberron sourcebooks only, IIRC.) (Others, like Charm, are in the sources hes given us, but not in the PHB.)

Also, incase this isn't commonplace, I have to take 1 DMM feat for each metamagic feat I want to expend turning charges on. (I also need to be able to actually cast the spell at the higher level to expend turning on it.)

I'm also, based on what we have now, the main melee fighter. Which is unfortunate, as I don't really want to play the main melee. (However, Law devotion will come in handy.)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 08:29:55 PM by Generic_PC »
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2010, 10:18:04 PM »
Also, incase this isn't commonplace, I have to take 1 DMM feat for each metamagic feat I want to expend turning charges on.
This is RAW

(I also need to be able to actually cast the spell at the higher level to expend turning on it.)

So you have to be able to cast level 7 spells to persist a first level spell?  This is NOT RAW and makes DMM MUCH MUCH weaker.  Also makes it difficult for you to be the frontline fighter.
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2010, 12:17:50 AM »
Also, incase this isn't commonplace, I have to take 1 DMM feat for each metamagic feat I want to expend turning charges on.
This is RAW

(I also need to be able to actually cast the spell at the higher level to expend turning on it.)

So you have to be able to cast level 7 spells to persist a first level spell?  This is NOT RAW and makes DMM MUCH MUCH weaker.  Also makes it difficult for you to be the frontline fighter.

Funny story... I told him this. DMM is now banned. Hmm.
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2010, 12:26:55 AM »
So, because you pointed out that his houserule made something weaker than normal, he banned it? :twitch
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2010, 12:40:38 AM »
There are other divine feats and domain feats that are worthwhile although they all pale in comparison to DMM.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2010, 01:25:40 AM »
Well, obviously there are still good feats, but DMM is really really good.

I think the DM thought that DMM was less powerful than it really was. When I pointed out it actually worked in a more beneficial way, he decided it was too powerful.

Anyway, currently a Dwarf Cleric of Abadar(LN, Earth, Law, Nobility, Protection, Travel). Focusing on buffing and maybe being impossible to hit. (Currently, just stacking up Law sacred+non-magic plate mail I have 22AC. As a dwarf, I get +4 against Giants too, which are a main enemy of this campaign, apparently. Along with outsiders and dragons.) I get Law(DEVOTION) and Travel domains, and I can grab Protection with Contemplative for a sacred bonus to AC and Attack all the time.

Stats (which are malleable, 36 point buy+1 for level 4)

Str: 14
Dex: 12 (Just enough to get everything out of Plate!)
Con: 14(+2)
Int: 12
Wis: 17(+1 level)
Cha: 11(-2)

So, I need a 7 level build, using the sources and rules in the first post, that hits 17th level spellcasting, goes through Contemplative 1 and Divine Oracle 2, and fufills the duty of being essentially unhittable. (Before anyone suggests it, Bone Knight is not in the available sources.)

If someone wants to suggest that I grab different domains, that fufills this role better, do so, but I'm heavily restricted on what I get and what I get with it, unfortunately. (Another option is to go with Sun/War and get Radiant Servant/Ordained Champion, assuming I can get the fluff tweaked to make them possible to get within the setting. This could give me Law and Protection or Glory [And, if I take Contemplative, Glory or Good too].)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 01:36:50 AM by Generic_PC »