Author Topic: Optimizing low level blasters  (Read 7426 times)

Echoes

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Optimizing low level blasters
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2010, 02:06:52 AM »
I'm pretty sure the locate city[/b] bomb is do-able by 7th.

Let's see, locate city is a 1st-level spell, and we need Snowcasting, Frozen Spell, Energy Sub. (electricity), Born of the Three Thunders, and Explosive Spell. Energy Sub. is a +1 and Explosive is a +2 IIRC, so we should be good.

So, that's a Human Wizard 5/Incantatrix 2 to snag the right bonus feats.

If we allow flaws, we can add on Fell Drain and Arcane Thesis (Locate City) in order to hit everything within the 90-mile blast radius with a negative level. Note that this causes everything with 1 HD (or less!) to die and rise as a wight, creating a metric crapton of undead as all the minor critters and dumb commoners wither and die. Not to mention the retarded damage Explosive spell deals to anyone who flubs the save.

So, yeah, it's not really blasting as far as in-combat goes, but it sure leaves a nice crater.
BrokeAndDrive speaks the Truth (linked for great justice and signature limits)

Quotes I Found Entertaining:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

As a general rule, murdering people and taking their stuff is pretty much superior to breaking their stuff, murdering them, then not having any stuff to take.

Out of Context Theater
[spoiler]
Oh I'll make a party. I'll make a party so hard... I'll make a party that makes you feel so awkward downstairs.

You'll see the party and only be able to respond, "Oh yeah baby."
[/spoiler]

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
Re: Optimizing low level blasters
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2010, 11:40:16 PM »
Since we're talking about low-level arcane thesis builds, I should point out the Empowered Spell Shards in MIC. Very easy damage boost there.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.