Author Topic: Constructor Question  (Read 3324 times)

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
Re: Constructor Question
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2010, 05:16:10 PM »
Good to see that my arguments may be helpful at some time in the future. And that elemental spam was assuming time stop.
I will say that the magic version would be more impressive looking than the psionic version. The psionic construct will create a a bit over 2 dozen large minions in an instant which then proceed to mash your enemies to a pulp and blast them with energy and force. The magic version summons a vast cloud bank composed of thousands of elemental that shoots lightning and thunder covering all over a huge area.

Nunkuruji

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Constructor Question
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2010, 05:30:19 PM »
Has anyone ever tried to use Sorcerer action economy brokenness to see how many summoned monsters he could get out in a round? Using arcane fusion, metamagic abuse and time stop you could get some really insane numbers out of that. Combined with malconvoker it could really get insane. And each of those monsters could use a spell like ability or cast a spell to do an insane number of things. So what Psionics can do is not notably superior to magic as far as I can tell. An example of what can be done can be seen here with some alterations that set up could spit out an insane number of summoned monsters.

I did one for Abyssal Army, granted it's not a 1 round nova, but a go do my bidding for the day sort of concept...
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7071.msg266535#msg266535