Author Topic: walker in the waste lead in?  (Read 5662 times)

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
Re: walker in the waste lead in?
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2010, 11:58:52 PM »
can't do flaws.
bah, then the only thing acceptable (for that sort of DM) will be straight cleric

Shame, I love Cleric1/WitW10  :love
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Thaosyr23

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • aquaman, best superhero ever?
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2010, 12:25:09 AM »
LA buy off. Didn't want to do phenric because I have a feeling I'll already break the game. I want to limit myself as much as possible while still being optimized, this way I'll be fast as hell and have cold resist, fast healing 2, and +2 to all saves.

quicken over persist because dm wont allow DMM persist (neither will I for that matter)

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2010, 12:31:19 AM »
LA buy off. Didn't want to do phenric because I have a feeling I'll already break the game. I want to limit myself as much as possible while still being optimized, this way I'll be fast as hell and have cold resist, fast healing 2, and +2 to all saves.

quicken over persist because dm wont allow DMM persist (neither will I for that matter)

Also sweet, sweet Shadow Blend. Amazing ability, really.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

LunaticsLament

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2010, 12:42:45 PM »
I've always liked Archivist as a lead in, but then again that might be because my DM is even more charop savvy than I and severely limits things like DMM, while he'll throw scrolls into the treasure if you ask nicely.

That said, I love the flavor of an Archivist WitW who is the eternal librarian.
"The capacity of the human mind for swallowing nonsense and spewing it forth in violent and repressive action has never yet been plumbed. "
~Robert Heinlein

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2010, 02:26:23 PM »
can't do flaws.

to get in at cleric 3, i'd have to burn both domains. archivist also gets me in at 3, with no turning.

I know I can't do dmm persist anymore, but I should still be able to do quicken.

archivist 2 gets you in or even archivis 1 if your dm lets you say you get the spells from scrolls at first level
not sure if you want to go that way or not but it does work

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2010, 05:47:13 PM »
Quote from: Sandstorm
Ability to cast at least three spells from the Sand or Thirst domain as divine spells.

I really think that means you need to have three spells from the Sand domain or three spells from the Thirst domain, not a combination of the two.

Saxony

• Donkey Kong
  • My avatar is from the anime "Pani Poni Dash!".
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2010, 06:16:36 PM »
Quote from: Sandstorm
Ability to cast at least three spells from the Sand or Thirst domain as divine spells.

I really think that means you need to have three spells from the Sand domain or three spells from the Thirst domain, not a combination of the two.
I think if the writers did mean what you think, they would have written "Three spells from Sand domain or three spells from the Thirst domain".

With the source material in its current state, it's impossible to tell which parts of the sentences apply to other parts of the sentence.
If I say something about real world physics, and someone disagrees, assume I am right 90% of the time. This number goes up to 100% if I am late night posting - trust me, my star dust sibs.

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2010, 12:54:20 AM »
They probably used that wording to allow druids to enter by 6th level because otherwise they would be unable to do so.

Thaosyr23

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2010, 12:36:04 PM »
Do i want a sand golem? or would I be better served investing half my wealth into something else?

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2010, 01:15:04 PM »
I don't know. They are pretty beast, but mainly from a flavor perspective. The burrowing ability is nice, as is the fact that it's magic immunity only really has one decent spell that hurts it.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Thaosyr23

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2010, 12:59:26 PM »
ok, I just hit lvl 8 in the class. Are there rules for turning PCs into Salt Mummies? is there a salt mummy template anywhere?

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2010, 01:01:32 PM »
ok, I just hit lvl 8 in the class. Are there rules for turning PCs into Salt Mummies? is there a salt mummy template anywhere?
Nope. One of the holes in the class. There's a salt mummy monster, that you could extrapolate from, though.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]