Author Topic: MUNDO WILL GO WHERE HE PLEASES  (Read 5536 times)

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
MUNDO WILL GO WHERE HE PLEASES
« on: May 30, 2010, 08:48:13 PM »
I want a Barbarian build. But I want it to do a few odd things:

I want it to throw cleavers real good. Preferably while on the move. Probably no bloodstorm blade, but it might fly.
I want it to have stacks of HP and stacks of damage without using a 2handed weapon. 2 weapons is fine.
Movement speed is paramount to success. Armor class can go suck a duck.
I want to have regeneration, and the ability to regenerate even more if necessary, but I don't know how.
I want to have most of this stuff at a reasonable level. The regeneration (or fast healing, I'm versatile) should probably be racial (mainly because I can't think of a way to get it otherwise).
Not necessary, but it would be fun if I could effectively deal damage to someone by lighting myself on fire. Even if it did break my regeneration.
EDIT: Mundo is immune to most things
EDIT: Most importantly, Mundo is purple and he takes steroids.

And I'm pretty sure that this all screams tome of battle (swordsage, crusader, blah blah blah) but the DM is a hater, so get creative. Also don't worry too much about the theoretical effectiveness or the balancing of it VS casters because I'm the only one of the group who can play a caster decently and wizards/druids/clerics are ban'd anyway. I'll have plenty of stuff to kill.

EDIT: What we know so far:

Mundo is a Feral Orc Half-Ogre that is also possibly a half-troll.
Mundo will possibly want to take levels of Master Thrower And Hulking Hurler. Mundo wants a way to mix melee and ranged attacks at once.
Mundo knows the spell Soulmeld Fire Shield Mantle, somehow.
Mundo knows Power Throw and Brutal Throw
Mundo is a Masochist

EDIT: New possibility: Mundo could be a normal guy who transforms himself into a "MUNDO SMASH" guy through use of magic/steroids.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
Re: MUNDO WILL GO WHERE HE PLEASES
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 08:50:33 PM »
Feral template gives + 10 ft speed and Fast Healing. Whatever else goes in the pot, I'd say Feral is automatically part of Mundo.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 08:51:09 PM »
^Yay a fellow Leaguer

EDIT: I thought of Feral, but I also thought of Half-Troll. Feral has the much lower level adjustment but it's kind of regarded as being a bit OP. Maybe I could have both for the price of the Half-troll template, that seems fair to me.

EDIT2: Actually the Half-troll template is really underpowered, now that I think of it again.

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 08:57:52 PM »

EDIT: What we know so far:

Mundo is a Feral Orc that is also possibly a half-troll.

if Mundo is also possibly a girl, i think i know her.
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 09:11:33 PM »
Is psionics banned? Because there are two nifty PW powers: telekinetic boomerang(like the bloodstorm blade level 4 ability, but in a power) and extend range. And those would be nifty to use if available, and a good alternative to Bloodstorm Blade (the other alternative being spamming quick draw, but adding weapon properties is very expensive that route).

I've made my share of throwers. Ranged Weapon Mastery is very nice for a thrower since it increases the range increment by 20 ft, usually from 10 to 30 for most thrown weapons. Gloves of Extended range from MIC make it 60 ft. And Far Shot makes it 90. However, RWM requires Weapon Spec, so Fighter, Warblade/Bloodstorm Blade or Pious Templar levels are needed. Still, +2 attack and damage as well as tripling your range is worth it in my opinion even if you have to go out of your way to get it.

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 09:20:04 PM »
Psionics might work, it's a bit of an odd campaign where a lot of stuff is banned and as our civilization develops, we learn to harness the powers of more stuff.

The cleavers need to be nukes, I can't just have really cute little 1d6+str cleavers, I need more cleaver damage.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 09:25:27 PM »
Hulking Hurler (use Expansion to qualify) would let you throw Gargantuan Cleavers.

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 09:42:15 PM »
^I'd prefer to be large all the time, come to think of it. Change race to Feral Half-Ogre, that should fill all my beefiness needs.

Nameless Void

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 09:45:38 PM »
Additionally get Horizon Goggles (Complete Mage) to get the Far shot Feat (doubles thrown weapon range) for a measly 8k. You could even reflavour them to be a scary mask.
Quote from: Solo on MW
Optimizing is the antithesis of roleplaying because it takes focus away from the important parts of the game.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 09:46:37 PM »
Cleavers should be Vicious. Easy damage. Self-inflicted damage can be fast healed away.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 09:56:16 PM »
Champion of Gwynharwyf + Saint?
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 10:00:01 PM »
^fuck no, Mundo is evil as hell. shoulda mentioned that.

snow_white

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 10:06:25 PM »
LoL!

You need a custom item for Dorans Shield.. You can't have a mundo without it

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2010, 10:07:42 PM »
EDIT: Mundo is immune to most things
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101587

Be a mindflayer with a voidmind wartroll cohort. In your backstory you killed the other two guys who could control and cast spells through the thing.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 10:09:41 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2010, 10:11:15 PM »
No, this is a campaign, not a stupid theoretical exercise. I don't care how invincible the emerald legion is.

Yeah I definitely need a Doran's Shield, and an Atma's Impaler, and all that other good stuff.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 10:14:41 PM »
Does it have to be cleavers or can it just be Greataxes stylized as cleavers? Or Dwarven Ogrish Waraxes with Oversized TWF.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 10:22:37 PM by skydragonknight »

Saeomon

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • A real rules lawyer
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 10:19:52 PM »
If psionics is allowed, Pyrokineticist would cover the lighting-self-on-fire part.

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2010, 10:25:20 PM »
Check and check, the stats of the weapon don't really matter, and a vicious throwing  returning greataxe would work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2010, 10:32:17 PM »
There are some gloves which give every weapon you hold the throwing and returning properties.

Also http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/spelltouchedFeats.htm#controlledImmolation

Warshapers get fast healing, and can give themselves "even more if necessary".
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 10:34:15 PM by Prime32 »
My work

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2010, 10:35:27 PM »
Tarngrim(sp?) the Vigilant. So then you just have a stack of +1 Vicious axes for each of your attacks, chaining GMW on them.