Author Topic: Critting with your bare hands.  (Read 1893 times)

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Critting with your bare hands.
« on: May 30, 2010, 08:20:08 PM »
How high can you get the threat range/critical multiplier for an unarmed attack?

This is what I have so far:
Improved Critical (Unarmed Strike)

I also remember seeing a feat somewhere that increases the critical multiplier by one.

Ah well, 19-20 x3 isn't too bad, I guess...
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
Re: Critting with your bare hands.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 08:30:07 PM »
i dont have a build 'handy', but i expect using regular board rules, its probably 17-20, but 14 would not surprise me.
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 08:42:03 PM »
Heavy Gauntlet (some FR book has Heavy weapons) + Disciple of Dispater. would get you some more. IIRC, DoD only affects metal weapons, and the Heavy property gives an unarmed damage increase so it's nice synergy. Monk's belt and similar effects to keep the unarmed damage good.

The alternative is Tashalatora (Secrets of Sarlona) with Psychic Weapon Master would be very nice synergy as well (use a crystal gauntlet). Requires a ridiculous number of feats to qualify though. Monk 1 and 2 can get Dodge and Mobility using a UA variant, and an Ardent 1 dip with practiced manifester to get the 3rd level powers part (Conflict mantle for weapon focus balances the spent feat.) Unfortunately you can't combine DoD with PWM since one requires a metal weapon and the other requires a crystal weapon.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 08:45:27 PM »
Heavy Gauntlet (some FR book has Heavy weapons) + Disciple of Dispater. would get you some more. IIRC, DoD only affects metal weapons, and the Heavy property gives an unarmed damage increase so it's nice synergy. Monk's belt and similar effects to keep the unarmed damage good.
Warforged ftw! I'd say your unarmed strike as a warforged counts as metal enough for DoD.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 10:05:48 PM »
Unfortunately you can't combine DoD with PWM since one requires a metal weapon and the other requires a crystal weapon.
ECS has "crysteel" which is both.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 10:15:17 PM »
...I think we might have a winner.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 12:33:02 AM »
Wait... someone has actually found a use for crysteel?
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 12:50:45 AM »

Pity it can't be Crysteel and also be Kaorti Resin.

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 01:02:29 AM »
Erm doesn't Riedran Crysteel strike as a magic weapon even without an enhancement bonus?

I though it was pretty sensible carry around a blade made of it just in case of hostile dudes with DR/Magic in an AMFs
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 01:16:06 AM »
Erm doesn't Riedran Crysteel strike as a magic weapon even without an enhancement bonus?

I though it was pretty sensible carry around a blade made of it just in case of hostile dudes with DR/Magic in an AMFs
Cyrite is better for that.  Cyrite dragonfang something.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

bananaphone

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • ring ring ring ring ring ring ring...
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 01:50:28 AM »
Per the Rules Compendium(pg. 41), DR/magic is considered supernatural.  So that AMF would negate the need for magic weapons.