Author Topic: [Rifts] My neverending search for an R.C.C.  (Read 3610 times)

Archmage Joda

• Bi-Curious George
  • Parenchaaaaaaaaaannn!!!
    • Email
[Rifts] My neverending search for an R.C.C.
« on: May 30, 2010, 03:48:00 PM »
So, a friend of mine is talking of running a Rifts game sometime soon, and what I wanted to do was make a very awesome mage. To that end, I had the idea of taking a race that would allow me the mojo of a Temporal Wizard or a Ley Line walker, while still allowing me to take the High Magus O.C.C for high end magic.

Normally, this would be as easy as going Godling, mission accomplished. However, this GM has imposed the restrictions of no divine beings (like godling), no alien intelligences, and now Atlanteans. As a result, I have been poring through the books trying to find a race that fit all my criteria, but I keep getting mired mucking through all those books.

Thus, I ask ye, in the interests of no more headaches, does anyone else know of such a race as what I'm looking for?
"My advanced brain is far too meaty to be swayed. Plus, it's practically dripping with genius sauce made from a special recipe of 11 herbs and spices" - Black Mage

Dilvish

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: [Rifts] My neverending search for an R.C.C.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 08:21:40 AM »
If your GM allows it, there's the Lizard Mage, from Rifts Conversion Book.

Archmage Joda

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 11:26:16 PM »
Well, I asked my GM, and he OKed the Lizard Mage, but only for a select list of magic classes. So, one final question before I let this thread die like so many others before it: What's a good race/R.C.C. to use with High Magus, and what book is it in?
"My advanced brain is far too meaty to be swayed. Plus, it's practically dripping with genius sauce made from a special recipe of 11 herbs and spices" - Black Mage

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 11:43:06 PM »
wow, the lizard mage is so broke, i cant fathem trying to CO it any more... you already won... now what?

im way out of practice, all i recall for sure is that the conversion book, and the super power conversions can quickly make a dm cry, at lvl 1..
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

Archmage Joda

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 04:42:29 PM »
Well, since I just really wanted to make a High Magus, in the end I finally decided on Human of Seeron from Skraypers, as that fit within the restrictions of this GM.