Author Topic: Inspire Greatness and Psychic Reformation  (Read 1704 times)

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Inspire Greatness and Psychic Reformation
« on: May 28, 2010, 09:31:07 PM »
Let's assume I'm a Psion with a Bard cohort.  The Bard uses Inspire Greatness on me so I gain 2 hit dice and maintains this while I manifest psychic reformation on myself.  What happens?
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

SolEiji

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Summon the Meteor Pony!
    • D&D Wiki.Org
    • Email
Re: Inspire Greatness and Psychic Reformation
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 09:43:23 PM »
Presumably you manifest at 2 ML higher than normal.

Hmm, am I missing something?
Got homebrew?  I keep all my 3.5 homebrew on the D&D Wiki.org!
Current Count: 1333 pages by me and climbing!

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 10:48:48 PM »
You're forced to spend 100xp more than normal to change anything.  You effectively have 2 levels with absolutely no choices made that you can change.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Phaenix

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 11:20:45 PM »
You know, we have a simple questions thread you can ask this sort of thing in. You don't need to start a new thread for every single question you have.

I'll admit you start some good discussions, but a lot of these are much simpler than, say, kevin_video's questions.

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 11:24:10 PM »
Could you be 1 xp short of leveling, have him inspire, smash a bug and then level?

OR

Lose a level some how, have him inspire, gain level back?
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 02:14:35 AM »
Often, my questions lack simple answers.  I asked about summoning evil elementals in simple Q&A, but that got no replies.

Because of the extra HD from Inspire Greatness, I may be able to get an extra feat (+2 HD) and use Martial Study or Martial Stance somehow.  How would this work?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 02:18:52 AM by Endarire »

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

SolEiji

• Summon the Meteor Pony!
    • D&D Wiki.Org
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 02:40:20 AM »
I don't think your supposed gain feats from your bonus HD.  As a temporary buff it looks like its just duplicating the effects of two levels in a Fort heavy full BAB melee class, but not giving you actual saves or actual BAB, and specifically calling out that level-dependant effects are increased, not that you gain new effects, more that your current ones are improved.
Got homebrew?  I keep all my 3.5 homebrew on the D&D Wiki.org!
Current Count: 1333 pages by me and climbing!

CyMage

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 03:15:59 AM »
I think I've seen this suggested as a possible way to gain early entry into PrCs that require skill ranks. 

Say at level 5 you have 8 ranks in two skills.  While IG is going you PR and move two ranks from one skill to the other.  So now you have one skill at 10 ranks and the other at 6.

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 08:45:43 PM »
Let's assume you get your skill ranks beyond your normal max.  What happens after Inspire Courage ends and your temporary HD fade?

Speaking of which: