Author Topic: Is there a Divine/Divine spellcasting prestige class?  (Read 2322 times)

Akkristor

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Is there a Divine/Divine spellcasting prestige class?
« on: May 28, 2010, 06:04:39 AM »
One of the players in my group is looking for a prestige class similar to Ultimate Magus or Mystic Theurge, but Divine/Divine.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Mixster

• Grape ape
Re: Is there a Divine/Divine spellcasting prestige class?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 09:29:52 AM »
Can't say I have.

A mystic Theuge wizard can do something similar with Arcane Disciple. But there's no divine/divine I know of...
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 10:23:45 AM »
Alternate Spell source or Southern Magician or a number of other, less clear cut ways CAN make all the arcane/divine progress divine/divine instead.  Exactly where are you looking to apply this? 
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 02:19:58 PM »
I don't think there are any. I'd say just take the Ultimate Magus and turn all instances of 'arcane' into 'divine'. It might need a bit of further tweaking, but one player in a game I was in did essentially that with a Cleric/Favored Soul base.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Widow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 05:00:43 PM »
There is a class or two that casts both arcane and divine spells, but they are not that great (mounteback or something in the dragon compendium).

One trick I like, but maybe too cumbersome for your build is Eldrich master.  This PrC is in dragon magazine #280 and requires you have the ability to cast arcane spells to get into the class.  It does not advance spell casting, but at level 4 it lets you add another classes spell list to your own list.  These spells are all cast as arcane spells.  The wording on the ability also does not say you get to add the additional list to just one spell casting class.  I would argue if you cleric had a lists of spells that he cast as arcane spells without using feats to do conversions on them, then the cleric is both an arcane and divine class. 

If this is the case you could take the Arcane schooling feat from Faerun that lets you cast a limited number of arcane spells a day to qualify.  Throw in santium spell or versatile spell casting for entry into mystic theurge

Cleric 3/Favored Soul 2/ Eldrich Master 4/ Mystic Theurge or Ultimate magus 11
or
Cleric 7/ Eldrich Master 4/Divine Champanion 1/ Mystic Theurge or Ultimate Magus 8

I cannot think of a way to get 9's in both classes, but you should be able to get 9's in one of the classes by double progressing it with mystic theurge since the class is both an arcane and divine class.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 06:50:32 PM »
I don't think there are any. I'd say just take the Ultimate Magus and turn all instances of 'arcane' into 'divine'. It might need a bit of further tweaking, but one player in a game I was in did essentially that with a Cleric/Favored Soul base.
See, the one thing that I would have questions about is if Spirit Shaman were used.  Does that class count as a prepared or spontaneous caster?
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 06:57:47 PM »
Archivist?  Can cast ANY divine spell, so why bother with a PrC...
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

S_Jerusalem

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 08:45:33 PM »

[/quote]See, the one thing that I would have questions about is if Spirit Shaman were used.  Does that class count as a prepared or spontaneous caster?
[/quote]

I'm fairly certain that Spirit Shaman counts as a spontaneous caster, their spell lists simply change from day to day. That would make for a very powerful dual caster.