Author Topic: Summoning Evil Elementals - How?  (Read 2481 times)

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Summoning Evil Elementals - How?
« on: May 26, 2010, 06:48:28 PM »
I'm a Conjurer-based summoner heading for Malconvoker.  I like Elementals and Evil creatures.

What class features, feats, racial abilities, items, etc. are available so I can turn my Evil creatures into Elementals or/and Elementals into Evil creatures?

Even if I could summon Necromentals (Libris Mortis 112), they're Undead type and not Elemental type.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
Re: Summoning Evil Elementals - How?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 07:02:02 PM »
Isn't there a +1 metamagic feat that gives the spell the evil descriptor?  I know when you summon creatures with an alignment, the spell matches the alignment.  Not sure if it works the other way around.
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 07:05:29 PM »
corrupt spell CD79-80 makes a spell gain the evil descriptor.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Talore

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Viking Skald
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 07:06:27 PM »
Isn't there a +1 metamagic feat that gives the spell the evil descriptor?  I know when you summon creatures with an alignment, the spell matches the alignment.  Not sure if it works the other way around.
I summon a celestial monkey. And it is EVIL!!!!1!!1!

I think the creature summoned would overwrite the metamagic.
Backseat moderator (voice) -_-

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 07:09:31 PM »
looking at Mal. it doesn't help since the spell is now evil but doesn't change the elemental's alignment. Plus Mal & Corrupt spell are mutually exclusive. Evil vs Non-Evil requirements.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Cyrocloud

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 07:30:45 PM »
Wasn't there an evil elemental in heroes of horror?

Edit: There is the Taint Elemental in HoH
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 07:40:46 PM by Cyrocloud »

Nunkuruji

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 08:13:57 PM »

Only ill-tempered

TheEndIsNear

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »

An evil celestial monkey?
It just gains a ranged attack, usable every 1d4 round. Target must made a reflex save or be covered in holy shit.

Phoenix00

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 11:19:21 PM »

Akkristor

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 12:58:10 AM »

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 03:23:37 AM »
Blood Elementals!!!

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/sb/sb20030208a
They're Outsiders.

Hell of a place to banish vampires to though.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 04:30:39 AM »
How can I summon an Elemental Grue or a Living Holocaust?

EDIT: Does this mean I can use summon monster VI to summon an Elemental Grue since Grues are Elementals of size Medium?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 05:43:16 AM by Endarire »

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 06:38:48 AM »
I'm stealing that grue idea for my own malconvoker.  And I'm going to try to talk the DM into letting me summon them with summon monster v since technically they do fall within the limits of "Elemental, Medium (any)."

EDIT: You can definitely summon them with summon monster vi.  The monster entry in Complete Arcane flat says... holy dyslexia, it says "All four types of grues can be summoned by means of a summon monster IV spell (the spell acquires the evil descriptor when so used)."  No need to use V or VI for these guys.  And if a Malconvoker did use SM V or SM VI, he'd get a lot of 'em.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 06:42:30 AM by weenog »
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 06:52:45 AM »
Might as well consider Rashemi Elemental Summoning if going for an Elemental theme. Not easy to get Evil ones, though, but I'd ask.
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

Zombieboots

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Ska-ull
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 11:17:37 AM »
corrupt spell CD79-80 makes a spell gain the evil descriptor.

Only damage spells sadly.
Ah! Maddness. Thank you.[spoiler][/spoiler]

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 08:43:08 PM »
A Living Holocaust is a Small Elemental with 15 HD.  If I can summon these with summon monster III, we're far ahead of the curve here.

Speaking of which:

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 09:07:10 PM »
If it's an elemental and it's small then it fits the conditions of "Elemental, Small (any)".  You might get smacked by your DM, though.  I've been thinking about holding that one in reserve and pulling it out in an emergency where any possible smackage can't be worse than what will happen if I don't use it.
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

anubistheta

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 09:19:42 PM »
Also, look at Shadow Elementals from Tome of Magic pg 164. They are incorporeal and have touch attacks with normal and cold damage. 
If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid. Q - "Q Who" Star Trek the Next Generation

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2010, 01:16:29 AM »
For the Summon Elemental reserve feat (Complete Mage 47), would an Elemental Grue qualify?

What about a Thoqqua which is a Medium creature of the Elemental type and the Fire subtype?

Speaking of which: