Author Topic: psionic artificer/erudite build help  (Read 3830 times)

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
psionic artificer/erudite build help
« on: May 29, 2010, 05:55:14 PM »
Recently everyone on the boards helped me make a kobold artificer/binder that was going great in my campaign, until one of the other players made pun pun. The DM understandably ended the campaign. So now its time for me to roll up a new character. All 3.5 and 3.0(unupdated) books are allowed except for ToB and whatever book the punpun monster was in, abv is SS, I can't remember the title though. I've fallen in love with. The artificer, so I wanted to sick with it, but I've always loved psionic. So I would like to combine them. Psionic artificer/ erudite is what I've been thinking. The game is gestalt. How to use the character is my biggest problem, along with what metapsi feats. Thanks for any help.
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
Re: psionic artificer/erudite build help
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 06:48:27 PM »
The book for pun pun is serpent kingdoms and the monster is called the Sarrukh. Also psi artificer has issues due to the lack of support that psionics get compared to the normal magic version of the artificer so I would recommend against it.

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 06:53:26 PM »
Thanks for the title, and thanks for your help on my first build, it went great until the idiot brought in pun pun, and I've never noticed the lack of material, when I was DMing, could you please elaborate?
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.

[/spoiler]

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 06:57:52 PM »
Sarrukh (Progenitor Race)
Medium Monstrous Humanoid
Hit Dice: 14d8+70 (133 hp)
Initiative: +6
AC: 30 (+2 Dex, +18 n/itural), touch 12, flat-footed 28
Base Attack/Grapple: +14/+20
Attack: +3 trident +23 melee
Full Attack: +3 trident +23/+18/+13 melee and bite +15 melee or 2 claws +20 melee and bite +15 melee
Damage: +3 trident 1d8+12, bite 1d6+3 plus poison, claw 1d8+6
Space: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., immunity to fire, spell resistance 20
Special Attacks: Fear aura, poison, manipulate form, spell-like abilities
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +11, Will +13
Abilities: Str 23, Dex 15, Con 20, Int 30, Wis 18, Cha 18
Skills: Appraise +27, Bluff +23; Concentration +22, Decipher Script +27, Diplomacy +23, Disguise +4 (+6 acting), Heal +21, Intimidate +25, Knowledge (arcana) +27, Knowledge (history) +27, Knowledge (religion) +27, Listen +6, Move Silently +19, Spot +21
Feats: Alertness; Combat Expertise; Improved Initiative; Persuasive; Power Attack

Climate/Terrain: Warm deserts
Organization: Single, pair, or group (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 21
Treasure: Triple standard
Alignment: Always neutral evil
Advancement: By character class

:D

Immolo

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 08:08:40 PM »
Thanks for the title, and thanks for your help on my first build, it went great until the idiot brought in pun pun, and I've never noticed the lack of material, when I was DMing, could you please elaborate?
There are very few books that contain psionic items so you are stuck without much to do unless your DM allows you to make any magic item as if it was psionic.

Tonymitsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 08:25:02 PM »
There are very few books that contain psionic items so you are stuck without much to do unless your DM allows you to make any magic item as if it was psionic.

In other words, ask your DM if he will allow you to create the more common magic items using equivalent powers.

On a side note, the fact that a campaign "ended" over something like you described boggles the mind.  Ater all, your DM has the sole discretion to remove a character from the game for no reason other than, "because I'm the DM."

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 08:39:24 PM »
I asked him, hopefully he will get back to me soon, and as for why the DM just ended the campaign, instead of just removing the character, I can only guess that it was to show just how serious he was about not allowing out of control players in his campaign, I don't think it was directly related to the shear power of the character, because mine had his own army of intelligent constructs that were loyal to him, but had to do with what the player tried to do with it. He tried to take over the campaign.

Edit: my DM said that I could create psionic equivalents of magic items, I have to use the same DC a regular artificer would have to make so that I can't make items easier, but it seams fair to me.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 08:49:38 PM by geniussavant »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Bastian

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 08:52:39 PM »
The book for pun pun is serpent kingdoms and the monster is called the Sarrukh. Also psi artificer has issues due to the lack of support that psionics get compared to the normal magic version of the artificer so I would recommend against it.
Yes but it does have access to every spell and power in the game from the Erudite's Convert Spell to Power "expanded class option".

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 09:44:28 PM »
True, it is just a slightly more roundabout way of doing it and if your DM is willing to make the adaptions for psionic versions of most items than psionic artificer is actually better.

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 10:23:18 PM »
My DM seams willing to work with me one the items, and I was going to take spell to power on my erudite side but I thought that only worked for arcane. How would I get divine?
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]