Author Topic: Neo-Trancer/Chrono-Legionaire, Mk III W-I-P  (Read 5077 times)

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
Neo-Trancer/Chrono-Legionaire, Mk III W-I-P
« on: April 25, 2010, 07:39:26 PM »
Here's the preliminary, feedback and such is welcome and encouraged :

Erudite 6/Chronorebel 4/Abjurant Champion 5/Ghostbreaker 5

Variants used : Convert Spell to Power Erudite (replaces level 1 feat), Psionic Abjurant Champion adaptation

Chronorebel and Ghostbreaker are from Hyperconscious.

Feats currently : Speed of Thought, Combat Manifesting, Overchannel, Talented, Battle Jump, Leap Attack, Power Attack, Psicrystal Containment, Psionic Meditation

311 PP Base (not counting Int bonus PP), 10 Unique Powers per level per day, unbroken spell conversion (no PrC or class higher than Erudite level).
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
Re: Neo-Trancer/Chrono-Legionaire, Mk III W-I-P
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 09:35:13 PM »
What is Chronorebel 4 getting you short of a Power Known?
What is Ghostbreaker 5 getting you short of Turn Undead?

Overall I'm very confused by this build. The goal of the Chrono-Legionnaire was to one round the guy with 100 arms right?

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 10:12:28 PM »
What is Chronorebel 4 getting you short of a Power Known?
What is Ghostbreaker 5 getting you short of Turn Undead?

Overall I'm very confused by this build. The goal of the Chrono-Legionnaire was to one round the guy with 100 arms right?

1)Ref saves and 3/4 manifesting, plus 3 BAB.
2)Fort saves and full manifesting with full BAB.
3)Not per se one-shot him, but reliably own his ass.  With little risk to himself.

And this thing can do even better I imagine, since he's got the full Sor/Wiz and Archivist lists to play with in addition to just powers.  The semi-confused build was just about the optimum setup for maximizing saves while retaining certain parameters (16 BAB pre-epic and at least 17 ML).  I believe it also gets slightly higher hit points, and roughly equal skill points, though from slightly fewer class skills.  I am currently working on a way to work in Linked Power (most likely at the cost of Talented, without flaws) and Knowledge Devotion (might require a flaw).  This is as cheese-free as possible a build while still using the Erudite chassis, as my uber version would use a major bloodline and pay for it with the bonus XP from an Item Familiar (while also eradicating the feat crunch).  As is, the class selection ends up with base saves of 8/8/14, ML 19, and BAB 16, none of which fractionally.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 10:14:49 PM by KellKheraptis »
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 11:19:35 PM »
How does this kill or survive him? Note that fighting one means fighting two effectively. I'm just confused what this build accomplishes.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 11:44:59 PM »
How does this kill or survive him? Note that fighting one means fighting two effectively. I'm just confused what this build accomplishes.

All previous tricks are still available from the previous incarnation of the CL, and we're even more of a Dragoon, thanks to Battle Jump multiplying the damage further.  Base saves are better, as is base ML before gear, meaning even more endurance, and we're infinitely more versatile, given the nature of the StP Erudite.
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 04:49:13 AM »
Any updates to this?
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 08:36:29 AM »
Where is the Ghostbreaker PrC located?
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

sir_argenon

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 10:30:05 AM »
Where is the Ghostbreaker PrC located?

hyperconscious. its a 5 lvl full manifesting, full bab class that gives you turn undead and a few other cool abilities.

strider24seven

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 11:05:36 AM »
Posting class abilities would help those of us without access to the relevant material. 

If you can get it with a flaw or something, Travel Devotion could be helpful to you if you get turn undead from Ghostbreaker.

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 06:56:25 PM »
Why nhot go Ghostbreaker before Chronorebel to progress manifesting?  That way, you can PsyRef stuff at 7 instead of 8.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 10:08:05 PM »
Why nhot go Ghostbreaker before Chronorebel to progress manifesting?  That way, you can PsyRef stuff at 7 instead of 8.

So long as it still qualifies.  I can't recall which one had an effective BAB requirement, but one of them did and was placed there for that reason.  My new project is trying to get a C-L equipped with both Node Psionics and Dragonshards for mad all day ML (i.e. have your friendly neighborhood cohort Ur-Priest/Sublime Chord dual 9's make a bunch of power stones and an unlimited use tat of PsiChir to give an Ardent or Psion the same power list as StP Erudite) from persistent unfettered heroism to activate the shards (normally 3/day), and magic mantle to let them use CL boosters and the feat Reserves of Strength.

Between the massive ML powering our scaling powers and the relatively few feats needed to Hood (4 by my count being essential with the Stick of Death providing the rest), all we need is BAB 16 at 20, which is easy with a head start of 7 at 10 for dominant ideal.  Hell, even something simple like Ardent 15/Psijurant Champion, which would also be 20/20 manifesting.
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 11:48:43 PM »
Ghostbreaker requires only 3 BAB.  Erudite6 qualifies.

Speaking of which:

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 02:53:18 AM »
Ardent 10/Slayer 10

Dragonborn Elf

1-Battle Jump
3-Track
6-Leadership--->Linked Power
9-Power Attack
12-Leap Attack
15-Psicrystal Affinity
18-Psicrystal Containment

4 Elven Weapons-Invisible Power, Psionic Meditation, Node Manifesting, Metanode Power

Our cohort will be the erudite described multiple places, sticking around long enough to give the C-L access to every spell and power in the game.  Once we have those, Psyref out and back in to get one of our many umpteen zillion CL wizards/mind mages/whatever to make the node.  We'll have all of three feats tied down (Track for PrC, Linked Power to avoid XP costs, Psicrystal Affinity to keep the pet rock), and the rest are utterly mutable.  The two node feats functionally are, if we want to use our node, but even without, the raw stats on this guy are impressive.  19/20 manifesting, 17/20 BAB, all weapons and armor, all spells and powers, free metapower from dominant ideal, even more from the node, mad ML from the node, and of course we can Psyref in a recharge.  The above setup is an "all-around" if you will, able to one shot the big guy the C-L was built for (just manifest Giant Size first for reach) and still kick ass as a manifest if he wants thanks to Linked Power being so efficient.  You've also got the beauty of unbreakable nondetection and mind blank, without any of its inherent problems.

Alternately, go Ardent 15/Abjurant Champion 5.  Full manifesting, same deal with a single feat tied down (in this case, Combat Manifesting), AC buffs, options for buffing saves and attack/damage/resistances.

Next up, if you don't care about annoying things like base attack bonus, you can go Psion 6/Anarchic Initiate 4/Slayer 10 (ironically 16 BAB) or Psion 5/Anarchic Initiate 10/Abjurant Champion 5 for near full or full manifesting with extra support for Overchanneling.  Only problem with Psion is no dominant ideal.
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 07:16:45 AM »
How does Linked Power avoid XP/material costs?

Speaking of which:

strider24seven

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2010, 11:08:59 AM »
Linked power is worded to "avoid any extra cost other than the PP cost of the linked power" or something like that.  Some uber-powergamers try to use this to avoid XP/material costs.

Personally, I think that it's bogus, but I can see how one would read it that way.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 11:07:25 PM »
Even with a houserule tightening RAW on Linked Power, XP is easy to mitigate.  You do have all spells and powers in existence after all...Liquid Pain factories are only a couple spells away.
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 12:36:16 AM »
Any updates?

Speaking of which:

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2011, 01:09:22 AM »
Any updates?

I have the most up to date version in the brainstorming for psionic tricks thread IIRC.
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2011, 05:50:56 PM »
for which thread we are all very thankful. =D appreciate the hard work.
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine