Author Topic: Daelkyr Half-blood Suel Arcanamach  (Read 2414 times)

Dusk Eclipse

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
Daelkyr Half-blood Suel Arcanamach
« on: April 24, 2010, 06:40:12 PM »
Yesterday I was browsing over Complete Arcane; and finally payed atention to the Suel Arcanamath class.

At a glance it seemed like a good balanced gish-esque class.

Seeing that I might have to retire one character from an Eberron campaing, I considered to build one, but since I am at a loss on how to proceed I ask for your advice on the matter.

The only thing set in stone is the race (Daelkyr Half blood)

So far my plan was something along the lines of
Ranger 1/Duskblade 2/ Hexblade 3/Suel Arcanamach 1/Impure prince 5/Abjurant Champion 5/Suel Arcanamath +3

Access to pretty much all 3.5 books except for Forgotten realms (which most probably won't be allowed since it is an eberron campaing)
Should Start at ECL 6-8
Probably will have to roll stats
No flaws, and maybe 1 trait.

Thanks in advance

Empirate

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Re: Daelkyr Half-blood Suel Arcanamach
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 07:08:10 PM »
This is what I put together some time ago:

Race: Human
AL: LG

1st: Paladin 1 (Skilled City-Dweller Alternate Class Feature) / Iron Will, Power Attack (Human)
2nd: Paladin 2
3rd: Paladin 3 / Combat Casting
4th: Paladin 4
5th: Paladin 5 (Mystic Fire Knight Substitution Level; Charging Smite Alternate Class Feature)
6th: Paladin 6 (Mystic Fire Knight Substitution Level) / Knowledge Devotion
7th: Suel Arcanamach 1
8th: Suel Arcanamach 2
9th: Suel Arcanamach 3 / Arcane Strike
10th: Suel Arcanamach 4
11th: Abjurant Champion 1
12th: Abjurant Champion 2 / Divine Might
13th: Abjurant Champion 3
14th: Abjurant Champion 4
15th: Abjurant Champion 5 / Sacred Vitality
16th: Spellsword 1
17th: Dragon Disciple 1
18th: Dragon Disciple 2 / Animal Devotion
19th: Dragon Disciple 3
20th: Dragon Disciple 4

Ends up with BAB 18; base saves +13, +8, +16; 5th level Suel spells (probably 6/day); Greater Dispelling Strike 2/day; all the AC goodies; the ability to wear Mithral Twilight Full Plate without ASF; lots of turning attempts to fuel your divine and devotion feats; and lots of Cha synergy.

GawainBS

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 07:49:40 PM »
I'd swap Sacred Vitality or Animal Devotion with Law Devotion. Animal Devotion is very good, but Law is probably easier to get past most DMs.  :)

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 05:41:49 AM »
Here's a handbook: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870638/The_Suel_Arcanamach_Handbook

I've got some wacky caster level stuff and some builds on page 12.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 05:46:29 AM by Surreal »
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 10:06:48 AM »
duskblade3/hexblade2/abjurantchampion1/SA1/abjurantchampion4/swiftblade9

19 BAB, 19 CL, most of the swiftblade goodies

Empirate

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 10:26:11 AM »
Interesting. Any way to get that 10th level of Swiftblade in? Your Suel spellcasting is maxed out anyway, if I understand it right, so the lost progression would be of little consequence. I never noticed how well Swiftblade worked with Suel Arcanamach!

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 11:40:10 AM »
The 10th level of swiftblade is useless to a SA since they don't get 6th level spells

Empirate

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 05:53:41 PM »
Well, d'oh. I should try and think a little more about my stuff before posting it...

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 01:11:10 AM »
I'd swap Sacred Vitality or Animal Devotion with Law Devotion. Animal Devotion is very good, but Law is probably easier to get past most DMs.  :)

Remember, you are able to switch Law Devotion every time you take an action (even free or Immediate actions). This makes it somewhat stronger than both Protection and Animal Devotion for a combatant. Animal is excellent if you need cheap Flight though, and Protection is slightly better if you have allies up front.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Empirate

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 10:05:01 AM »
So Law Devotion basically gives its bonus to both offense and defense? Before you make your attack, take a free action to allocate the bonus to attack; when you're done, take another free action to reallocate to defense? Awesome in theory, but what DM will let that fly? Animal Devotion is the bomb in my book, due to flight and easily stackable Str bonus. Protection is good, but only better than the other ones if you have a big party, worse if you are alone.
Sacred Vitality is a favorite of mine, though. Maybe because my first DM ever liked to harass us with endless legions of Wraiths and Wights when we were level 3 or so...