Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question: Ragnarok Edition  (Read 157104 times)

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
Re: Ask a Simple Question: Ragnarok Edition
« Reply #560 on: April 30, 2010, 09:38:15 PM »
Q123: What happens when you apply the magic/psionics transparency to the Reserves of Strength Feat?
does transparency even work on feats?

Good point. Just looked: Spells, SLAs and Magic items. Feats would 100% be a house rule. I think that answers the question.
I believe that it's called "Overchannel"

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

Hitoshura

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #561 on: April 30, 2010, 10:39:20 PM »
q.127.

"Undead Mastery: All undead creatures created by a dread necromancer who has reached 8th level or higher gain a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength and Dexterity and 2 additional hit points per Hit Die"

Whose Hit Die's are we talking about? The Undead HDs? Or the Character HDs?

Fluffles

« Reply #562 on: April 30, 2010, 10:42:08 PM »
q.127.

"Undead Mastery: All undead creatures created by a dread necromancer who has reached 8th level or higher gain a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength and Dexterity and 2 additional hit points per Hit Die"

Whose Hit Die's are we talking about? The Undead HDs? Or the Character HDs?

Wait, did you leave out a comma between "dexterity" and "and."? Cause a +4 to srt & dex per HD is insane.

(And it's the undead's HD)

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #563 on: April 30, 2010, 11:05:39 PM »
There is no comma missing but comma before an and is bad grammar regardless.

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #564 on: April 30, 2010, 11:19:33 PM »
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #565 on: April 30, 2010, 11:38:17 PM »
:lmao  :lol
I believe that may be sig-worthy.

There is no comma missing but comma before an and is bad grammar regardless.
actually, I believe it would be correct. :p
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 11:43:14 PM by wotmaniac »

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #566 on: April 30, 2010, 11:52:00 PM »
In this case, the comma is optional.  Either with or without would be grammatically correct.

But the HD referred to is the Undead's, not yours.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #567 on: May 01, 2010, 12:26:42 AM »
Q 126: Is there anyway to lower a spell's range to touch?
(bump)
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Freshums

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #568 on: May 01, 2010, 01:19:25 AM »
Q128

Quote from: Heward's Handy Haversack
It has two side pouches, each of which appears large enough to hold about a quart of material. In fact, each is like a bag of holding and can actually hold material of as much as 2 cubic feet in volume or 20 pounds in weight.

Quote from: Bag of Holding
If the bag is overloaded, or if sharp objects pierce it (from inside or outside), the bag ruptures and is ruined. All contents are lost forever.

HHH + Sharp Obects = ???

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #569 on: May 01, 2010, 01:21:37 AM »
Q128

Quote from: Heward's Handy Haversack
It has two side pouches, each of which appears large enough to hold about a quart of material. In fact, each is like a bag of holding and can actually hold material of as much as 2 cubic feet in volume or 20 pounds in weight.

Quote from: Bag of Holding
If the bag is overloaded, or if sharp objects pierce it (from inside or outside), the bag ruptures and is ruined. All contents are lost forever.

HHH + Sharp Obects = ???
Same effect yes, also it'll have the same interaction with a portable hole.
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #570 on: May 01, 2010, 03:13:40 AM »
Q 129 Is there a list somewhere of what weapon turns into what when using the Size ability? I know it makes it bigger or smaller, but what weapons do they become? Like, a +1 sizing dagger is a longsword? A shortsword? A rapier? A +1 rapier turns into what? A shortsword? I know it doesn't actually change them into different weapons per se, but I'm looking for more of what it counts as for damage, and crit modifier, etc.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #571 on: May 01, 2010, 04:21:54 AM »
Q 129 Is there a list somewhere of what weapon turns into what when using the Size ability? I know it makes it bigger or smaller, but what weapons do they become? Like, a +1 sizing dagger is a longsword? A shortsword? A rapier? A +1 rapier turns into what? A shortsword? I know it doesn't actually change them into different weapons per se, but I'm looking for more of what it counts as for damage, and crit modifier, etc.
Just changes weapon size now, since 3.5 changed the weapon/size equivalence rules (one of the changes I dislike).
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

OblivionSmurf83

« Reply #572 on: May 01, 2010, 08:08:50 AM »
Q130 How does the Divine Minion's Wild Shape ability interact with a Druid's Wild Shape?

Hasmadad

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #573 on: May 01, 2010, 10:00:20 AM »
Q131: If I have the Knockback feat (RoS) and strike an enemy with the Death Mark maneuver (ToB), do I get to make a bull-rush attempt vs. only one opponent, or everyone in the radius of the Death Mark explosion?

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #574 on: May 01, 2010, 10:16:17 AM »
Just changes weapon size now, since 3.5 changed the weapon/size equivalence rules (one of the changes I dislike).
So, if I had it on a short sword that's piercing, it now becomes a longer version of that same short sword and does 1d8 piercing damage? Or put it on dagger and it does 1d6 piercing or slashing?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #575 on: May 01, 2010, 10:20:10 AM »
So, if I had it on a short sword that's piercing, it now becomes a longer version of that same short sword and does 1d8 piercing damage? Or put it on dagger and it does 1d6 piercing or slashing?
Yes.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Tenebrous Apostate

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #576 on: May 01, 2010, 10:33:02 AM »
Q 132 I just red about Bardic knack and I was wandering could it be allowed (sorry for the spelling. haven't used that word in years) on a cloistered cleric RAW?
Dead mortals feel no Dread

Vicerious

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Foolish Mortal
    • Email
« Reply #577 on: May 01, 2010, 12:57:16 PM »
Q131: If I have the Knockback feat (RoS) and strike an enemy with the Death Mark maneuver (ToB), do I get to make a bull-rush attempt vs. only one opponent, or everyone in the radius of the Death Mark explosion?
You'd only get the bull rush against the opponent you actually struck.
"A witty saying proves nothing." --Voltaire

Hasmadad

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #578 on: May 01, 2010, 02:27:13 PM »

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #579 on: May 01, 2010, 02:28:29 PM »
It's not part of the attack, it's an effect occurring on a successful attack, which is the key point regarding knockback.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]