Author Topic: Eldritch Disciple  (Read 10228 times)

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: Eldritch Disciple
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2010, 08:46:44 AM »
The general "you", not you in particular.  It's just an argument that really annoys me.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Frost Wolf

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2010, 10:06:11 AM »
Where can I find Divine Magician?
Complete Mage, in the ACF section.

Ah. Thank you.

Hmm... Darn. I can't use it to get a cleric into either Abjurant Champion or Effigy Master  :(

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2010, 04:17:17 PM »
might as well lose all casting prc features if you're out of spells for the day
Wow. Just wow. Think about that for a sec.

I'm not above doing this. I love interpretations that curb-stomp-nerf casters  :lmao
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2010, 05:51:37 PM »
I'd have you consider taking just a single level of Demonbinder on top of a high-level Eldritch Deisiciple, if you can. A Lesser Drow is +0 LA, and the fluff states there are Demonbinders from other races, they're just shunned, and you don't even have to be Evil, you can even be CN.

Taking just a single level grants you all the important class features, assuming a high CHA - meaning you get an at-will source of Temporary HP, True Sight at-will, Fly at-will, The ability to grow 4 more arms (!) and quite a few others. Well worth a single CL drop.

Demonbinder => http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20070430a&page=3
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2010, 06:14:47 PM »
might as well lose all casting prc features if you're out of spells for the day
Wow. Just wow. Think about that for a sec.

I'm not above doing this. I love interpretations that curb-stomp-nerf casters  :lmao
Or, for that matter, lose qualification for BAB or skills-oriented PRCs if you ever gain beyond what's required.

"Sorry sir, but the requirements clearly state 'BAB 11' and you do not have 'BAB 11'.  You have 'BAB 12'."
Planetouched Handbook

CantripN

• Hong Kong
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2010, 06:23:01 PM »
Does that mean that a person within the reach of a well made Mage-Slayer no longer qualifies for any PrC that requires the ability to cast spells? Cute.
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2010, 06:26:38 PM »
I'd have you consider taking just a single level of Demonbinder on top of a high-level Eldritch Deisiciple, if you can. A Lesser Drow is +0 LA, and the fluff states there are Demonbinders from other races, they're just shunned, and you don't even have to be Evil, you can even be CN.

Taking just a single level grants you all the important class features, assuming a high CHA - meaning you get an at-will source of Temporary HP, True Sight at-will, Fly at-will, The ability to grow 4 more arms (!) and quite a few others. Well worth a single CL drop.

It looks like it takes five minutes to get your damnation points back, and those abilities last 10 rounds (after you spend a full round getting any one of them).  It's not quite at-will, but it's still not a terrible dip.

CantripN

• Hong Kong
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2010, 06:36:28 PM »
Look at the adaptation. It gives you 1 point back per 5 rounds.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2010, 07:25:11 PM »

Can't you only use it once per day per class level?  Seems like that makes it far less useful,
Planetouched Handbook

CantripN

• Hong Kong
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2010, 07:36:46 AM »
No such limit. You are only limited by Class Level + CHA Damnation Points, so higher levels need less CHA.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2010, 08:18:04 AM »
No such limit. You are only limited by Class Level + CHA Damnation Points, so higher levels need less CHA.

Demonbind (Sp):  Once per day per class level, you can spend damnation points to invoke the essence of a demon and bind it to your soul.
Planetouched Handbook

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2010, 01:23:55 PM »

Damn.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

CantripN

• Hong Kong
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2010, 05:43:12 AM »
Huh. Never noticed that before. Still awesome.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2010, 05:48:48 AM »
You might be able to weasel the wording to say it's once per day per class level per individual demon.
Planetouched Handbook

Phaenix

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2010, 10:05:35 AM »
It seems Demonbind is a Spell-like ability. Does the Incantatrix's Metamagic effect apply to SLAs, or just spells?