Author Topic: Silly Free LA/HD/Template Game, Werewolf FB help  (Read 1587 times)

Kokiri

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
Silly Free LA/HD/Template Game, Werewolf FB help
« on: March 31, 2010, 05:23:09 PM »
Hi, I'm looking for some ideas on a new weird character.  Obviously not appropriate for most games, but we're just gonna see if it will work.  My group has played all versions but 2nd so far, and are starting a very strange evil campaign.  We're all going to have two classes per level (gestalt I believe, my first time trying it), and he's basically giving us all free LA/HD/Templates.  For example, one person is going to be half lich/half vampire (Don't ask), another half fiendish/half celestial, another weresnake and idk what else, another anthropomorphic rust eater (>.>), and I wanted to play a simple werewolf.  Obviously werewolf isn't as powerful as lich or vampire, let alone both, so he's giving me the feral template and monster of legend.  The other resident power gamer and I have decided to just go nuts with this one, since it will be unbalanced as hell anyways, so I decided to go with frenzied berserker and war hulk as my prestige classes.  The idea currently is Barbarian/Rogue for some odd levels, 10 of each of the prestige classes, and I don't know what else.  I've been looking and haven't found anything really.  Obviously the required feats for FB I need, and probably leap attack and shock trooper.  Any ideas you'd like to share from your successful character would be much appreciated.  The idea is he's basically the guy even the evil people keep chained up.  Thinking Pouncing (On the natural attack side) and power attack for the weapon side (Dire Flail maybe?).  Any ideas or links to similar builds would be much appreciated.  There are links to frenzied berserker threads in the barbarian handbook, but they are dead.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Silly Free LA/HD/Template Game, Werewolf FB help
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 05:27:55 PM »
I had a DM do this once and he insisted free templates weren't an issue. So i told him i wanted this and this on my character. Might be a good choice depending on how bad you really want to be.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 05:34:00 PM »
Not exactly a werewolf, but a lycanthrope barbarian build can be found in my sig.  Not a frienzied berserker for that matter either, but you can get some feat ideas and whatnot maybe.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 05:52:46 PM »
I had a DM do this once and he insisted free templates weren't an issue. So i told him i wanted this and this on my character. Might be a good choice depending on how bad you really want to be.
ew epic thingees ewwww

Seriously though go grab whatever free templates he gives you, then grab some more and LA buyoff them. Then pick a class that works with whatever fluff templates you want.
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Nunkuruji

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 06:07:16 PM »
Don't forget a dash of Phrenic  :lol

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 06:23:55 PM »
Wait, you mean he's not making you take the racial HD or he's not counting the racial HD against your ECL?  If the latter, maybe a tauric (MMII) brachyurus.  Tauric is a hybrid between a humanoid and animal (or magical beast or vermin) a little like lycanthrope, but really more like a generic centaur. 

Pyro_Azer

• Monkey bussiness
  • Epic Jester
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 06:40:47 PM »

The scary thing? You can already "get" these for "free" with lycanthropes including werewolf. Lycans have an LA of 2 plus any HD the animal has. If you apply both of those to the animal you gain a large portion of the benefits with no cost becasue they do not add HD.
Rules of life:  1: Everything Burns   2: If something does not burn see rule #1.