Author Topic: Tricky CR  (Read 4456 times)

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
Re: Tricky CR
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2010, 03:55:12 PM »
One is a megalomaniacal whacko who want to rule the world, but he is incapable of optimization (and even goes so far to consider power gaming as 'evil').  He plays every character like a fighter tank regardless of what class he is (and almost always plays a halfling).  Usual class is thief, scout, or something similar.
Are all his characters named Belkar?
One wants to be the evil wizard mastermind, but also dislikes powergaming, and has no idea how to make a character, and often places his worst stat as his casting stat 'just for the challenge'.  Would like to be a holy warrior but doesnt like the Paladin class, so he keeps picking arcane casters.
So he's functionally retarded.

One only plays good characters, and prefers to take feats and such that apply to his background story regardless of whether they make a playable PC or not.  Usually either a wizard of some sort (who exclusively avoids spells that do damage or have combat applications unless they're under powered), or a fighter.
The elite roleplayer who disdains rollplaying.  :rollseyes
The fourth has passed away, and all other PC's are people who randomly pass in and out of the game, usually pass because they cant put up with the idiosyncracies of the other 3. 
Sounds like you should just play Xbox, WoW, or something. :P
why don't you whip some sense into them?

I reccomend a +1 merciful bane(idiots) riverine dagger whip of speed.
I recommend creating good characters of the same level with the same character concepts, then beat them over the head with them.
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2010, 03:56:21 PM »
i recommend a Pyrokinesicist and fiery lash.
"There's more to apocalypse than running around like a maniac you know"
-B. M. Evilwizardington.
blogging at disasters made in china

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I shall play you the song of my people.
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2010, 04:02:33 PM »
don't forget to power attack, and to set the fire lash on fire.

gods I love that PrC.
I do not suffer from paranoia; I enjoy every second of it.
Pioneer of the Ultimate Magus + Sublime Chord + Ultimate Magus combo

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2010, 05:36:41 PM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2010, 08:40:29 PM »
So he's functionally retarded.

Well...he has some issues.  At age 8 he walked in on his dad committing suicide and got sprayed with the brains.   It's left him a lil twitchy...

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2010, 08:44:58 PM »
I recommend creating good characters of the same level with the same character concepts, then beat them over the head with them.

Wouldnt do me much good.  They're older than I am, and 'older equals smarter'.  It's truly fun to play board and card games with them.  I usually pick up the system quicker than them, and to counter that they all end up playing against me instead of each other.  It ensures I dont win much, but it also ensures that none of them win frequently either.  I dont think they realize they're doing it either.  I brought over Cthulhu Munchkin and it was assumed that since I owned it I was the major threat so they all pretty much ganged up on me madness/curse wise.  While they did this a new kid won the game easily in a few turns because they were ignoring him trying to take out 'the obvious threat'.  One of them even said "My God that came out of nowhere" referring to the kids win.

Seriously.

I really need to find a good PbP game...

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2010, 04:55:47 PM »
Wouldnt do me much good.  They're older than I am, and 'older equals smarter'.  It's truly fun to play board and card games with them.  I usually pick up the system quicker than them, and to counter that they all end up playing against me instead of each other.  It ensures I dont win much, but it also ensures that none of them win frequently either.  I dont think they realize they're doing it either.  I brought over Cthulhu Munchkin and it was assumed that since I owned it I was the major threat so they all pretty much ganged up on me madness/curse wise.  While they did this a new kid won the game easily in a few turns because they were ignoring him trying to take out 'the obvious threat'.  One of them even said "My God that came out of nowhere" referring to the kids win.

Seriously.

I really need to find a good PbP game...
A PbP munchkin game, that just sounds all sorts of wrong, I want in!
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.