Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question: Viking Berserker Edition  (Read 125145 times)

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
Re: Ask a Simple Question: Viking Berserker Edition
« Reply #540 on: April 08, 2010, 08:25:44 PM »
Q121  Are there ways to gain immunity to fatigue?
There is an item in Comp Champion, Sandals of the Vagabond or whatnot I believe.
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #541 on: April 08, 2010, 08:32:25 PM »
A121

Sandals of the Vagabond(4000gp)

also this feat:

Tireless

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #542 on: April 08, 2010, 08:35:14 PM »
Being a Warforged or other construct or undead race is another.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #543 on: April 08, 2010, 08:54:41 PM »
Oh, yeah, take a level in  you know the rest.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
« Reply #544 on: April 08, 2010, 09:42:42 PM »
Q122:  Might seem like common sense, but is an Undead Cleric immune to their own Turn Undead ability?  If a Good Undead Cleric turns undead, the ability simply states it affects the closest, turnable undead.  Would that include the cleric?  I've checked the FAQ and Rules Compendium, but didn't find anything specific and/or definitive.

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I shall play you the song of my people.
« Reply #545 on: April 08, 2010, 10:09:15 PM »
Oh, yeah, take a level in  you know the rest.
:lmao
I do not suffer from paranoia; I enjoy every second of it.
Pioneer of the Ultimate Magus + Sublime Chord + Ultimate Magus combo

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #546 on: April 08, 2010, 10:38:53 PM »
Q122:  Might seem like common sense, but is an Undead Cleric immune to their own Turn Undead ability?  If a Good Undead Cleric turns undead, the ability simply states it affects the closest, turnable undead.  Would that include the cleric?  I've checked the FAQ and Rules Compendium, but didn't find anything specific and/or definitive.

A122:  By RAW, no.  They evidently never considered undead Clerics when they made the Turn Undead rule.  Considering there are undead who have Rebuke Undead though, I think it's clear that RAI is they don't effect themselves.  Use that information as you will.

LunaticsLament

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #547 on: April 08, 2010, 11:02:37 PM »
Q123 What is this trick I keep hearing about involving Versatile Spellcaster and Heighten Spell?
"The capacity of the human mind for swallowing nonsense and spewing it forth in violent and repressive action has never yet been plumbed. "
~Robert Heinlein

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #548 on: April 08, 2010, 11:08:37 PM »
Q123 What is this trick I keep hearing about involving Versatile Spellcaster and Heighten Spell?
When combined those two feats can be used for early entry into prestige classes that requires you to cast a certain level of spells.

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #549 on: April 08, 2010, 11:14:47 PM »
When combined those two feats can be used for early entry into prestige classes that requires you to cast a certain level of spells.
add in earth spell, and you get the "lvl1 entry into rainbow servant" trick.

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #550 on: April 08, 2010, 11:20:21 PM »
add in earth spell, and you get the "lvl1 entry into rainbow servant" trick.
You really need sanctum spell due to feat restrictions as earth spell has earth sense as a prerequisite.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #551 on: April 09, 2010, 12:18:12 AM »
Or play a human, or an illumian, or just use a flaw.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

LunaticsLament

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #552 on: April 09, 2010, 12:26:10 AM »
Q124  Is there a Planar Shepherd handbook around somewhere?  I'm trying to put together a build for a friend's druid and would love to have some material I could draw from.
"The capacity of the human mind for swallowing nonsense and spewing it forth in violent and repressive action has never yet been plumbed. "
~Robert Heinlein

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #553 on: April 09, 2010, 12:43:32 AM »
Q124  Is there a Planar Shepherd handbook around somewhere?  I'm trying to put together a build for a friend's druid and would love to have some material I could draw from.

druid5/PS10/druid+5
6th level feat is natural spell. take quicken spell at 12th.

pick a plane with flowing time, wildshape into balor or pit fiend or whatever is the big bad awesome on your homeplane.

there's your planar shepard guide.  :D

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #554 on: April 09, 2010, 12:56:07 AM »

druid5/PS10/druid+5
6th level feat is natural spell. take quicken spell at 12th.

pick a plane with flowing time, wildshape into balor or pit fiend or whatever is the big bad awesome on your homeplane.

there's your planar shepard guide.  :D
:clap

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
« Reply #555 on: April 09, 2010, 12:58:47 AM »

A122:  By RAW, no.  They evidently never considered undead Clerics when they made the Turn Undead rule.  Considering there are undead who have Rebuke Undead though, I think it's clear that RAI is they don't effect themselves.  Use that information as you will.
*sigh* There goes that build.  Thanks.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #556 on: April 09, 2010, 01:27:08 AM »
Bumping

Q 109 I thought I'd bookmarked it, but apparently not. Where can I find information on situational XP? Where basically you reward a player for going above and beyond with their character. Like you don't really reward the cleric for being the heal bot, but you would reward the player if he figured out that while his character couldn't do anything personally to help the situation, he could delay what was happening until such time that the others could do something to help, and even told them what each of their characters were to do to in the mean time. It's rare, but I have seen it, and players who don't go "Let me get a WIS check or INT check, and if I roll well you tell me what I can do." should deserve a bonus of somekind. I know I've seen it, and read it over, but I just can't find it again.

Q 125 Is there an NPC or PC build somewhere of a character that builds constructs, whether it be in a pre-generated campaign (preferred), or something else?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #557 on: April 09, 2010, 01:58:06 AM »
Q126: Does the Ghost Savage Progression have different requirements for the 'template'? I know its supposed to but: "'Ghost' is an acquired template  that can be added to any aberration, animal, dragon, giant, humanoid, magical beast, monstrous humanoid, or plant. The creature (referred to hereafter as the base creature) must have a Charisma score of at least 6" != "'Ghost' is an acquired template usually gained upon an intelligent creature's death. Such a creature can advance in the ghost template class and develop her powers slowly if desired."

Yes TML, you are free to answer without pimping.
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #558 on: April 09, 2010, 01:59:29 AM »
Bumping

Q 109 I thought I'd bookmarked it, but apparently not. Where can I find information on situational XP? Where basically you reward a player for going above and beyond with their character. Like you don't really reward the cleric for being the heal bot, but you would reward the player if he figured out that while his character couldn't do anything personally to help the situation, he could delay what was happening until such time that the others could do something to help, and even told them what each of their characters were to do to in the mean time. It's rare, but I have seen it, and players who don't go "Let me get a WIS check or INT check, and if I roll well you tell me what I can do." should deserve a bonus of somekind. I know I've seen it, and read it over, but I just can't find it again.

Q 125 Is there an NPC or PC build somewhere of a character that builds constructs, whether it be in a pre-generated campaign (preferred), or something else?

Effigy Master is the PrC you're looking for. Doesn't get much better than that.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #559 on: April 09, 2010, 02:07:03 AM »
Effigy Master is the PrC you're looking for. Doesn't get much better than that.
Wait, what? Why am I looking a PrC? That's only good for those who have access to the wiz/sor spell list, sadly. Not quite what I had in mind for the story (looking to go bard).
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.