Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question: Viking Berserker Edition  (Read 125154 times)

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I shall play you the song of my people.
Re: Ask a Simple Question: Viking Berserker Edition
« Reply #260 on: April 03, 2010, 09:40:16 PM »
Q54  What classes grant access to circle magic or other abilities which allow spellslingers to work together on a spell?
Hathran and Red Wizard are the only ones I'm aware of that give Circle Magic specifically. Cooperative Spell, a feat, is like a really crippled Circle Magic.

Well that is rather unfortunate for casting extremely powerful spells.  I am guessing that there is another mechanic for epic level spells such as the creation of a mythal?
There is an epic Elven Highlord PrC (I think) in Player's Guide to Faerun, that gets the ability to make a mythal.
fucking elves.
I do not suffer from paranoia; I enjoy every second of it.
Pioneer of the Ultimate Magus + Sublime Chord + Ultimate Magus combo

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #261 on: April 03, 2010, 10:03:03 PM »
Q54  What classes grant access to circle magic or other abilities which allow spellslingers to work together on a spell?
Hathran and Red Wizard are the only ones I'm aware of that give Circle Magic specifically. Cooperative Spell, a feat, is like a really crippled Circle Magic.

Well that is rather unfortunate for casting extremely powerful spells.  I am guessing that there is another mechanic for epic level spells such as the creation of a mythal?
There is an epic Elven Highlord PrC (I think) in Player's Guide to Faerun, that gets the ability to make a mythal.
fucking elves.
No, you're thinking of Faerie Mysteries Initiate. :p
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #262 on: April 03, 2010, 10:05:05 PM »

fucking elves.
isn't that fucking faeries?

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #263 on: April 03, 2010, 10:06:44 PM »

fucking elves.
The feat is for elves I believe.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #264 on: April 03, 2010, 10:09:10 PM »
Q 56 If someone with 40 movement wears light armor, do they still have 40 movment? What about medium? Is it down 10 to 30, or a straight 20?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #265 on: April 03, 2010, 10:10:22 PM »
Q 56 If someone with 40 movement wears light armor, do they still have 40 movment? What about medium? Is it down 10 to 30, or a straight 20?
light armor doesn't impede movement unless the movement is granted by an ability that says light armor impedes movement.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #266 on: April 03, 2010, 10:11:00 PM »
light armor doesn't impede movement unless the movement is granted by an ability that says light armor impedes movement.
What about the medium and heavy armor?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

LunaticsLament

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #267 on: April 03, 2010, 10:11:44 PM »

fucking elves.

Given the plethora of half humans in the game, shouldn't it be "fucking humans?"
"The capacity of the human mind for swallowing nonsense and spewing it forth in violent and repressive action has never yet been plumbed. "
~Robert Heinlein

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #268 on: April 03, 2010, 10:12:41 PM »

fucking elves.

Given the plethora of half humans in the game, shouldn't it be "fucking humans?"
that one is pretty much a given.

LunaticsLament

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #269 on: April 03, 2010, 10:14:43 PM »

fucking elves.

You mean I can have my own human?  All those wars of conquest and all I had to do was fraking ask for one?
"The capacity of the human mind for swallowing nonsense and spewing it forth in violent and repressive action has never yet been plumbed. "
~Robert Heinlein

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #270 on: April 03, 2010, 10:17:01 PM »

fucking elves.

You mean I can have my own human?  All those wars of conquest and all I had to do was fraking ask for one?
doesn't matter you race, intentions or alignment; there is at least one human with a fetish for it. COP first and last name of this person, and their location.

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #271 on: April 03, 2010, 10:22:34 PM »
doesn't matter you race, intentions or alignment; there is at least one human with a fetish for it. COP first and last name of this person, and their location.
I guess finding a date is never a problem for a high level wizard.

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #272 on: April 03, 2010, 10:23:32 PM »
[insert necromancy joke here]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #273 on: April 03, 2010, 10:25:29 PM »
[insert Evard's Black Tentacles joke here]
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

LunaticsLament

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #274 on: April 03, 2010, 10:26:07 PM »
So that's why Frank took levels of malconvoker...  I always found it strange that he had a +2 circumstance bonus on summoning and controlling female demons / devils.
~Robert Heinlein

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #275 on: April 03, 2010, 10:27:43 PM »
[insert tab A into slot B; also, grease joke.]

LunaticsLament

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #276 on: April 03, 2010, 10:28:04 PM »

Note to self: Never use Evard's Black Tentacles on a female Otaku.  The spell automatically becomes afflicted with backbiter syndrome.
~Robert Heinlein

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #277 on: April 03, 2010, 11:02:20 PM »

Note to self: Never use Evard's Black Tentacles on a female Otaku wearing a schoolgirl uniform.  The spell automatically becomes afflicted with backbiter syndrome.
Fix'd.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #278 on: April 03, 2010, 11:13:59 PM »
Q57 Is there any good race creating guidelines around, the DMG leaves something to be desired...

Like x is worth +1 LA, y is worth -1 LA.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 11:33:50 PM by Sohala »
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

LunaticsLament

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #279 on: April 03, 2010, 11:16:19 PM »

Note to self: Never use Evard's Black Tentacles on a female Otaku wearing a schoolgirl uniform.  The spell automatically becomes afflicted with backbiter syndrome.
Fix'd.

Touche'
~Robert Heinlein