Author Topic: Where be the feats I need?  (Read 1701 times)

Fluffles

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Where be the feats I need?
« on: March 29, 2010, 10:23:36 PM »
Where are the feats that allow a character to become Pionically focused as a Standard, Move, or swift action?

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
Re: Where be the feats I need?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 10:26:35 PM »
Psionic Meditation is SRD/XPH and allows focus as a move action.

Fluffles

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 10:28:53 PM »
Aha! Thank you!

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 10:31:40 PM »
you would need to combine with the Hustle power to do it as a swift action, well effectively for the cost of a swift and a few PP.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Fluffles

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 11:04:58 PM »
Psionics are banned  :(

But I'll be going into Pyrokinetcist by being a Xeph.

Bloody Initiate

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 11:12:48 PM »
There's some synergy in Tome of Battle with the Instant Clarity feat and a particular maneuver but I can't recall which one. I think I'm on the wrong track though, I think you expend your psionic focus to take a 15 on one of the Concentration-check-in-place-of-a-save maneuvers and then regain it immediately, which is not what you asked for. I could be wrong though, there are so many tricks that it's easy for me to forget most of them.
I don't employ memes. Mass-produced ammunition, even from reputable manufacturers, tends to malfunction on occasion.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 11:26:17 PM »
There's some synergy in Tome of Battle with the Instant Clarity feat and a particular maneuver but I can't recall which one. I think I'm on the wrong track though, I think you expend your psionic focus to take a 15 on one of the Concentration-check-in-place-of-a-save maneuvers and then regain it immediately, which is not what you asked for. I could be wrong though, there are so many tricks that it's easy for me to forget most of them.

That's the one. Instant Clarity's only...3 times per day, though, as I recall, so it has limited use.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 11:50:45 PM »
Since psionics are banned, why are you using a psionic race and prestige class?  Or did alphaalex okay those?
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Fluffles

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 12:01:09 AM »
Since psionics are banned, why are you using a psionic race and prestige class?  Or did alphaalex okay those?

Wrong game. This is for Ithamar's Arena. I'm probably going Melee for Aplhaalex's game.