Author Topic: [Mutants and Masterminds] Agita's Stuff  (Read 26663 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: [Mutants and Masterminds] Agita's Stuff
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2010, 10:25:05 AM »
Pity, though you could still make use of a physically disabled body and just remote pilot everything.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2010, 10:51:10 PM »
Honestly, if I'm to go with the LTE concept, I'd want to go all-out and crank up the spookiness for all it's worth. 'Nother concept I'll stat up and save for some other time.

Alexander 'Gil' Phillips, alias Hegemon
[spoiler]

Power Level 17

Attributes

Str: 10 (+0)
Dex: 10 (+0)
Con: 10 (+0)
Int: 32 (+11)
Wis: 32 (+11)
Cha: 32 (+11)

Combat stats

Initiative: +0 (2 Dex)
BAB: 0 ; Defense: 27 (10+17 power (Shield))
Toughness: 17 (0 con + 17 power); Fort: +13 (13); Ref: +4 (4) ; Will: +22 (11)

Feats

Assessment, Connected, Contacts, Eidetic Memory, Fascinate (Diplomacy), Master Plan, Teamwork 3, Well-Informed

Skills

Concentration +14 (3)
Knowledge (Art) +13 (2)
Knowledge (Earth Sciences) +12 (1)
Knowledge (Life Sciences) +12 (1)
Knowledge (Physical Sciences) +12 (1)
Knowledge (Tactics) +13 (2)
Knowledge (Theology and Philosophy) +13 (2)

Complications and Drawbacks

Powers

Tongue of the Stars
Comprehend (4) (8) (2/rk)
Extras: None
Flaws: None
Power Feats: None
Drawbacks: None
[spoiler]
Effect: Sensory
Action: None (passive)
Range: Personal
Area: N/A
Duration: Continuous
Saving Throw N/A

Gil can automatically understand and speak any language he hears, and he's understood by anyone who hears him.
[/spoiler]

Absolute Hegemony (Array)
Heritage, Mystic, Mind, Psychic
Mental Transform (17) (74) (4/rk)
Extras: Range (Perception) (+1)
Flaws: Check Required (Insert skill) (-1)
Power Feats: Subtle
Alternate Power 5
[spoiler]
Effect: Alteration
Action: Standard
Range: Perception
Duration: Sustained (Lasting)
Saving Throw Will DC 27

Dantalion's, and therefore Hegemon's, main power is the ability to alter thoughts at his whim. He can change, add, or erase memories, edit people's mental abilities, and alter personalities as he wishes.
[/spoiler]

Quote from: Alternate Power 1
Mental Insight
Mind Reading (17) (69) (1/rk)
Extras: Action (Free/Move) (+2), Duration (Sustained) (+1)
[spoiler]
Effect: Mental
Action: Free/Move
Saving Throw Power Check at +17 vs. Will save

The other side of Hegemon's core power is the ability to know the thoughts of any thinking being all but automatically.
[/spoiler]

Quote from: Alternate Power 2
Hegemony of Emotions
Emotion Control (17) (69) (2/rk)
Extras: Area (Burst - General) (+1), Selective Attack (+1)
[spoiler]
Area: 85-ft. Burst
Saving Throw Power Check at +17 vs. Will

As a more direct application of his control over thoughts, Gil can influence the emotions of many people at once.
[/spoiler]

Quote from: Alternate Power 3
Awe of Dantalion
Stun (17) (68) (2/rk)
Extras: Alternate Save (Will) (+0), Area (Perception) (+1), Selective Attack (+1)
[spoiler]
Effect: Attack
Range: Touch
Area: Perception
Duration: Instant (lasting)
Saving Throw Will DC 27

With just a word or gesture, Gil can stun people with the sheer awesomeness he radiates with his sheer presence.
[/spoiler]

Quote from: Alternate Power 4
Hegemony of Powers
Power Control (17) (69) (2/rk)
Extras: Area (Burst - General) (+1), Selective Attack (+1)
[spoiler]
Area: 85-ft. Burst
Saving Throw Power Check at +17 vs. Will

Hegemon's third sphere of influence is over the powers of other superhumans. He can force others to activate or shut off their powers as he pleases.
[/spoiler]

Quote from: Alternate Power 5
Mental Isolation
Heritage, Mystic, Mind, Psychic, Sensory
Dazzle (17) (69) (4/rk)
Extras: Alternate Save (Will) (+1), Range (Perception) (+1)
Flaws: Check Required (insert skill) (-1)
[spoiler]
Duration: Instant (Lasting)
Saving Throw Will DC 27

Hegemon cuts his target's mind off from all of its senses in order to completely isolate it.
So, how do powers that require two different saves (one to resist initially, and one to break free) interact with Alternate Save?
[/spoiler]

Unbribable
Immunity (10) (10) (1/rk)
[spoiler]
Effect: Defense
Action: None (Passive)
Duration: Permanent
Saving Throw N/A

• Emotion Effects
  • Interaction Skills
As a scion of the Star Emperor, Hegemon cannot be influenced by appeals to emotion, only reasoning can influence his decisions.
[/spoiler]

King's Protection
Protection (17) (17) (1/rk)
[spoiler]
Action: None
Saving Throw N/A

The world itself seems reluctant to harm Gil, and he's preternaturally resistant to harm.
[/spoiler]

I'm So Pretty, You Can't Hit Me
Shield (17) (17) (1/rk)
[spoiler]
Duration: Sustained
Saving Throw N/A

Through a sort of reflexive suggestion, Hegemon can make people not even want to hit him, causing rifles to be aimed wrong et cetera.
[/spoiler]

Thought Travel
Teleport (9) (12) (2/rk)
Flaws: Long-Range
Power Feats: Change Direction, Change Velocity, Easy
[spoiler]
Effect: Movement
Action: Move
Duration: Instant
Saving Throw N/A

With nothing more than a thought and some concentration, Hegemon can instantly travel to any spot in his 'kingdom', i.e. anywhere on the earth.
[/spoiler]

Mental Versatility
Variable (2) (10) (6/rk)
Flaws: Limited (Only skills based on mental abilities) (+1)
[spoiler]
Effect: Trait
Saving Throw N/A

By reconfiguring his own mind, Hegemon has 10 power points that he can spend on mental skills as he sees fit as a Standard action.
[/spoiler]

Total: 255 points.
[/spoiler]

The idea is a Scion of Dantalion, sort-of heir to the Empire of Stars that existed way before Babylon and whatnot. The problem is that now we've got this whole democracy business going, and Gil's a forward-thinking young man, so that clashes a little. All his powers are flavored as exerting control over particular things, specifically, thoughts, emotions, powers, senses, and, to a limited extent, actions.
His mental stats are all up to half of the PL limit, and by using Metnal Transform on himself, he can raise one of his scores to fill the cap by lowering the two others. The Variably allows for similar customizability on mental skills, so he can potentially get any two skills up to +44 at a time, if he so wishes.
The Check Required powers could be Concentration or Diplomacy or Intimidate. A gentleman's agreement not to keep that skill bought up to 'impossible to fail' levels all the time might be needed.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #102 on: May 22, 2010, 02:34:35 AM »
Can he command beasts, plants and the inanimate(possibly by making them no longer inanimate) as well? :D

Seems to have a major weakness on the mindless end.
Could use some royal regalia from hammerspace.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 02:36:39 AM by veekie »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2010, 07:39:56 AM »
Can he command beasts, plants and the inanimate(possibly by making them no longer inanimate) as well? :D

Seems to have a major weakness on the mindless end.
Could use some royal regalia from hammerspace.
My first instinct would be to say "that's what his subjects the others are for".
Well, I could alter the descriptors on the Stun so it's not a Mental effect and thus not resisted by mindless creatures. Other than that, eh, he needs some weaknesses for other people to shore up, no? :D Meh, got any better ideas for shoring it up?

As for the reqalia, yeah, sure, but what would it do (and more importantly, what would I drop to afford it)?

I kind of want to make some or all of his Will save Impervious, but that's too expensive right now... an earlier version had Immunity to Will Saves, period, but that was eventually short a few points... before Fort and Ref saves.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2010, 02:57:11 PM »
Well, traditionally it's usually a sword, crown or scepter, and mostly sword/scepter for heroic types.
Ur-Excalibur ala Fate Stay Night(Wave Motion Sword is hard to argue with)? A Boosting scepter?(could fit with the Power Control thing)
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2010, 09:02:35 AM »
We interrupt our scheduled program for an intermission:

Cybele: Mystic Eyes of Petrification
Transform (12) (52) (3/rk)
Extras: Aura (+1), Area (Perception) (+2)
Flaws: Range (Touch) (-1), Sense-Dependent (8 ranks) (-1)
[spoiler]
Area: Anyone making eye contact
Saving Throw Ref DC 22, Fort DC 22

Anyone able to accurately percieve the character must make a Reflex save to avert their eyes. If this fails, they need a Fortitude save to avoid being turned to stone.
[/spoiler]

u c wut i did thar?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 10:37:28 AM by Agita »

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2010, 10:02:46 AM »
I'm not sure why you called them "Noble Colour". Those Mystic Eyes are called Cybele. And you don't need to look at them to be affected (besides, that would require another flaw which you haven't included).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 10:05:07 AM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2010, 10:19:04 AM »
I'm not sure why you called them "Noble Colour". Those Mystic Eyes are called Cybele. And you don't need to look at them to be affected (besides, that would require another flaw which you haven't included).
Petrification sorcery is no strange thing for modern Thaumaturgy, even if its users are rare and few in numbers. However, Mystic Eyes capable of petrifying others are something that nobody, human or not, has in the present era. Designated as Jewel under the Noble Colors system, they surpass the Gold-ranked Eyes of the Dead Apostles and are exclusively possessed by Holy Spirits and Demonic Beasts from the Age of Gods. It affects all targets within the owner’s field of vision, regardless of whether said targets are looking at the Eyes or not. Those who possess Rank C or lower in Mana will be immediately petrified, while those with Rank B may or may not be affected depending of the conditions. Those with Rank A or higher won’t be petrified, but will sustain "pressure" from the Eyes and receive a one rank-down to all parameters.
I called them Noble Colour because, according to Shirou, that's the name for such high-rank mystic eyes. I used a similar naming scheme to Touhou spellcards, really (as in, Title: Actual Name, such as Love Sign: Master Spark). Now that you mention it, I guess it's misleading, so I'll change the name.
 Remember that I refuse to read the wiki much of the time because of low-flying spoilers. (Thanks for the Sakura-Rin reveal, Magus page. Grr.) :P Thus, I'm basically relying on what Shirou narrates about Mystic Eyes.

As for looking at them, Sense-Dependent is actually already included in the Perception area modifier.
Perception: The effect works on anyone able to perceive the target point with a particular sense, chosen when you apply this extra, like a Sense-Dependent effect (see the Sense-Dependent modifier). Targets get a Reflex saving throw, as usual, but if the save is successful suffer no effect (rather than half). Concealment that prevents a target from perceiving the effect also blocks it. Perception Area effects must be General, and cannot be Targeted. This modifier includes the Sense-Dependent flaw (see Flaws) so it cannot be applied again. If it is applied to an already Sense-Dependent effect, it is a +2 extra rather than +1.
I was aware that you don't necessarily need them to look at you, but wasn't sure how to handle that at first. However, I just had and idea. According to Shirou's narration, while direct eye contact is not necessary, the effect is increased if you do make eye contact, so I'll apply the Area (Perception) mod to part of the ranks without the Sense-Dependent flaw built in and only apply that flaw to the rest of its ranks. Would that work?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 10:20:38 AM by Agita »

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2010, 10:28:07 AM »
I called them Noble Colour because, according to Shirou, that's the name for such high-rank mystic eyes.
Nah, certain kinds of magic are colour-coded by power. He was remarking that their colour was near the top of the list.

• Crimson Moon: Rainbow
  • Rider: Jewel
  • Arcueid Brunestud: Gold
Note that Ryougi Shiki's multicoloured Mystic Eyes of Death Perception are more powerful than Tohno Shiki's blue ones.

Side-note: In the Fate/stay night manga, which roughly follows the Fate route, Rider uses her Mystic Eyes while fighting Saber on the skyscraper (leading to the rank down effect, though I think they claim it's to do with Saber's Magic Resistance rather than her Mana).

Also, after the fight in the anime, there is a cut to Sakura looking out her window sadly.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 10:34:52 AM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2010, 10:41:26 AM »
I'd have made it a high power Paralyse Linked to a weak Transform petrification myself, with half the ranks of both tied to eye contact. Remember the Eyes slow and paralyse most strongly magical opponents, particularly with increased exposure, but outright petrification is reserved for those weak in magic and making direct eye contact.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2010, 10:46:44 AM »
Veekie: Maybe, though I mostly go for literality and simplicity in my conversions - instant petrification isn't exactly what happens in the game, but it's the simplest approximation. Then again, what happened the one time I've seen them in action would indeed be closer to a Paralyse effect, as noone was turned to stone yet.

I called them Noble Colour because, according to Shirou, that's the name for such high-rank mystic eyes.
Nah, certain kinds of magic are colour-coded by power. He was remarking that their colour was near the top of the list.

Noble Colors System is a special classification system of the Mage’s Association used to grade special abilities such as Sorcery Traits. In practice, however, it relates mostly with Mystic Eyes. Powerful eyes shine Gold, while those with powers that reaches the realm of gods have a multi-colored  glow, such as the case of Jewel and Rainbow. Tohno Shiki's eyes are also a Noble Color.

Known Mystic Eyes Noble Colors by characters:

• Crimson Moon: Rainbow
  • Rider: Jewel
  • Arcueid Brunestud: Gold
Note that Ryougi Shiki's multicoloured Mystic Eyes of Death Perception are more powerful than Tohno Shiki's blue ones.
To be honest? I've only watched the first Kara no Kyoukai movie and nothing of Tsukihime yet, so I didn't even know there was a difference between Tsundere!Shiki's and glasses guy!Shiki's besides the fact that the former's apparently place less of a strain on her or something. :P

Okay, I've changed the name and altered it a little so that not only four ranks of it are sense-dependent. so anyone not looking directly at Rider would be affected as if by an eight-rank effect, while anyone making eye contact would take the full 12 ranks to the face. And as a bonus because someone other than me and veekie is posting here for a change, here's another eyes power (though not from FSN):

Lunatic Red Eyes
Confuse (10) (40) (1/rk)
Extras: Aura (+1), Area (Perception) (+1), Duration (Sustained) (+2)
Flaws: Range (Touch) (-1)
[spoiler]
Action: Free
Area: Anyone making eye contact
Saving Throw Ref DC 20, Will DC 20

Anyone able to accurately percieve the character must make a Reflex save to avert their eyes. If this fails, they need a Will save to avoid going temporarily insane.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 02:33:48 PM by Agita »

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #111 on: June 03, 2010, 10:50:02 AM »
^^^
Well, Rider unleashed her power onto 2 magi and one Servant(who is also a magus).
Archer and Shirou both have C-ranked magic circuits.
Archer gets an overall stat boost from being a Servant.
Archer makes direct eye contact and is just paralysed probably thanks to being a Servant boosting his stats, however, signs indicate that he wouldn't have stayed merely paralysed afterwards, should Rider sustain the attack.
Rin also makes eye contact, but her higher ranked magic kept her from being petrified despite being human, shes just paralysed.
Shirou does not make eye contact, and has his magic shielding him, and is moving as if in molasses.

Side-note: In the Fate/stay night manga, which roughly follows the Fate route, Rider uses her Mystic Eyes while fighting Saber on the skyscraper (leading to the rank down effect, though I think they claim it's to do with Saber's Magic Resistance rather than her Mana).
Simpler than it seems, according to one of Rin's lectures, all magic users and most magical creatures have magic resistance to direct personal interference(mindscrew, petrification, etc) due to their magic circuits automatically counteracting the effect, but some creatures have exceptional magic resistance that go well beyond their ability to use magic directly.
It's the same reason that against most Servants you need a powerful magical attack to even make them notice, even before exceptional Magic Resistance, even if they would have been far easier to affect in life with magic, as their inherently 'made of magic' aspect dampens whatever you try to pull.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 10:56:16 AM by veekie »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #112 on: June 03, 2010, 11:50:39 AM »
^^^
Well, Rider unleashed her power onto 2 magi and one Servant(who is also a magus).
Archer and Shirou both have C-ranked magic circuits.
Archer gets an overall stat boost from being a Servant.
Archer makes direct eye contact and is just paralysed probably thanks to being a Servant boosting his stats, however, signs indicate that he wouldn't have stayed merely paralysed afterwards, should Rider sustain the attack.
Rin also makes eye contact, but her higher ranked magic kept her from being petrified despite being human, shes just paralysed.
Shirou does not make eye contact, and has his magic shielding him, and is moving as if in molasses.
According to stat-screens, Archer has a B rank in Mana. The description says that B-rank means you may or may not be affected.

Saber also has a B-rank in Mana, but that's mainly due to Shirou (her stats would normally be higher).
Rider herself is B, Lancer is C, Assassin is E, True Assassin is C, Caster is A+, Berserker is A (increases to A+ with Mad Enchancement)

The Magic Resistance ability of some Servants is something different from the normal resistance to magic - it's more like an antimagic effect.
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7629.msg255726#msg255726
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 11:53:18 AM by Prime32 »
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #113 on: June 03, 2010, 12:03:49 PM »
Well, I'm assuming it stacks of course, in that a magus's resistance to magic generally happens while the magic already hit them, but in Saber's case, Caster's beams bounce off before they even hit, as if by an AMF, yes.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2010, 03:12:04 PM »
Satan "Blind Rage"
Danmaku, Evil, Magic, Wrath
Damage (10) (40) (1/rk)
Extras: Autofire (+1), Area (Explosion - Targeted) (+1), Duration (Concentration) (+1), Penetrating (+1)
Flaws: Side-Effect (Always) (-2)
[spoiler]
Effect: Attack
Action: Standard (Active)
Area: 50-ft. Burst
Saving Throw Tough DC 25

This spellcard of pure rage cares not for friend, foe, or user - it hits everyone equally. Perfect for when you just want to destroy something, no matter the cost.
[/spoiler]

The exact side-effect should be determined with the DM. The best fit is probably another damage effect, Stun, or Drain, or any of these linked to any other.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 03:17:21 PM by Agita »

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2010, 08:41:27 PM »
And now, just as you stand amazed by my latest spellcard, I shall get in a double strike!

Mnemosyne 'Nemo' Lethe
[spoiler]

Power Level 8
Another teenie.

Attributes

Str: 14 (+2)
Dex: 14 (+2)
Con: 30 (+10)
Int: 14 (+2)
Wis: 14 (+2)
Cha: 14 (+2)

Combat stats

Initiative: +2 (2 Dex)
BAB: 0 (0 base, +8 Melee) ; Defense: 16 (10 +3 +2 dodge +1 feat)
Toughness: +10 (10 con); Fort: +13 (3); Ref: +2 (0) ; Will: +8 (6)

Feats

Attack Focus (Melee) 8, Attractive 2, Dodge Focus 6, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 1, Fearless, Stunning Attack, Well-Informed

Skills

Bluff +7 or +15 (5 (+8 feat))
Diplomacy +7 or +15 (5 (+8 feat))
Gather Information +11
Intimidate +8 (10)
Knowledge (Arcane Lore) +6 (4)
Knowledge (Business) +6 (4)
Knowledge (Current Events) +4 (2)
Knowledge (History) +4 (2)
Language (Greek*, English) 1
Profession (Boatswoman) +6 (4)
Sense Motive +8 (6)

*Native language

Complications and Drawbacks
Prejudice/Reputation (The Freedom League understandably suspects she may be a snitch), Responsibility/Owned (Must answer to Hades and Persephone)

Powers

Universal Haggler
Comprehend (3) (6) (2/rk)
[spoiler]
Saving Throw N/A

Obviously, not all spirits that come to the underworld speak English or even Greek, and you can't very well negotiate their passage if you can't overcome the language barrier. Thus, every infernal boatsman needs to be able to speak all kinds of odd and obscure languages, and talking to spirits is obviously a bonus too.
[/spoiler]

Stygian Touch (Array)
Drain (8) (19) (2/rk)
Power Feats: Incurable, Slow Fade (1 Minute)
Alternate Power 1
[spoiler]
Saving Throw Fort DC 18

Nemo can weaken another's body or mind by touch. Already weak creatures might even be killed outright. This isn't an ability inherent to infernal ferrymen - normally they're just that, not reapers, and have no special capacity to kill people.
[/spoiler]

Quote from: Alternate Power 1
Kiss of Lethe
Mental Transform (8) (18) (2/rk)
Extras: Duration (Continuous) (+1)
Flaws: Range (Touch) (-1)
Power Feats: Affects Insubstantial 2
[spoiler]
Saving Throw Will DC 18

Infused with the waters of the underworld, in this case specifically her namesakes Lethe and Mnemosyne, Nemo can alter a target's memories at her whim. Despite the name, this doesn't have to be delivered with a kiss, but it's just that much classier that way. Also, despite the range, this power affects the soul or mind, not the body, so it can affect incorporeal targets by 'touching' their spirit.
[/spoiler]

Ferryman's Pole
Device (Easy to lose) (2) (6) (3/rk)
[spoiler]
Effect: General
Saving Throw N/A

Useful for pushing your boat forward, fending off invasive dead people, and scratching your back, the trusty pole is to an infernal ferryman as the towel is to a galactic hitchhiker. It contains 10 pp worth of powers.
[/spoiler]

Quote from: Sub-Power 1
Smack
Damage (6) (10) (1/rk)
Power Feats: Affects Insubstantial 2, Extended Reach 1, Mighty
[spoiler]
Effect: Damage
Range: Touch+5 ft.
Saving Throw Tough DC 23

The pole is used to hit someone in the face, pure and simple. Due to its length it has longer reach, and it's built so as to be able to hit incorporeal creatures as well in order to keep ghosts at bay.
[/spoiler]

Head Above Water
Immunity (2) (2) (1/rk)
[spoiler]
Saving Throw N/A

• Drowning
  • Rare Descriptor: Memory Alteration
For an infernal ferryman, falling into the water isn't so much an occupational hazard as it's a part of daily life. Now, it would be pretty dumb if you fell into an infernal river and lost all your memories, and it would be even dumber to fall into the water drown, so to avoid looking like idiots on a daily basis (and having to re-recruit similarly often), the ferrymen are unable to drown and immune to any alteration of their memories.
[/spoiler]

Total: 120 points.

Equipment
[spoiler]Boat:
[spoiler]Size: Large (1)
Str: 30 (2)
Toughness: +7
Defense: 9
Swimming 2 (2) - 5 mph

Total: 5 equipment points[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Imagine if there were more than one ferryman who carries souls across the Styx, Lethe, Acheron, and whatnot. Now let's say one of these ferrymen had a daughter. This daughter displays an above-average connection to the rivers the ferrymen cross - in fact, she is able to do things that other ferryman can only dream of. Now, in America, this would be cause for either fear or celebration, but metahumans aren't anywhere near unheard of. In the underworld, though? Hoo boy.
Of course Hades took an interest. He's been wanting to take over the world, and his very own metahuman, right there on his payroll command? It must've seemed like Christmas and Easter on the same day... or whatever it is that greek gods celebrate. Lethe herself was sent to Claremont Academy in order to train and control her powers - and possibly as a spy for Hades. Whether she wants to or not, the old man is technically her boss, so he can order her around. Daedalus, of course, distrusts her for exactly that reason. So far Lethe hasn't heard anything from Hades, though, so she's enjoying what basically feels like free time and soaking up information on the 'overworld' - not for anyone else, but for herself. Here's hoping the ploy backfires on Hades as she learns to love the outer world and all that idealistic nonsense.
In case you haven't guessed, this uses a fair bit of flavor from MnM's default setting Freedom City.

The original inspiration for this concept was Komachi from Touhou, but like with my Utsuho expy, I took some liberties and only ported the basic concept. Of course, I also took some liberties with the mythological source material, but I like to think there are more egregious violations of greek myth out there. In D&D, touching or imbibing the waters of Styx erases your memories - that was pretty much what started the whole idea. Next I thought that ferrymen have something to do with death. Drain effects often describe death effects in M&M, so that was an easy choice. Nemo will most definitely keep her memory-altering ability secret out of fear that others might realize the insane potential for insidious activity the power holds and either tempt her to abuse it or suspect her of doing so. The Immunities and Spirit Communication came easily enough. 30 Con and the related maxed Fort save are necessary to survive in the underworld. Finally, the pole and the boat double as fluff and fallback attack/utility, respectively. Attractive 2 is a nod to the character's origins, as Komachi is supposedly rather attractive (according to the Wiki, her name even means something like "belle of the village".

Gameplay-wise, Kiss of Lethe is amazing in terms of bullshit a creative player can pull. It also works well for RP in a holding back all the time/World of Cardboard way. As Nemo progresses, I would probably add some more alternate powers to represent the other rivers of the underworld - Acheron, Styx itself, and Cocytos.
Lastly, I was unsure on how to prize Immunity to Memory Alteration. In the end, I chose to say it's a Rare Descriptor, as Temporal Inertia is a 1-point Feature (UP, page 51) and is similar - at least, the closest effect I know of. Second opinions are welcome.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 07:58:15 AM by Agita »

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2010, 08:30:24 PM »
Inspired by the Legend of Zelda game I applied to recently, here's some species templates for the non-human Ocarina of Time races.

[spoiler]Goron
Abilities: Dexterity -2; see below
Powers:
Strong Body
Innate, Physiology
Density (4) (13) (3/rk)
Flaws: Duration (Permanent) (+0)
Power Feats: Innate
[spoiler]
Saving Throw N/A

Gorons possess large, sturdy bodies and thick, stony skin, granting them great strength and endurance. They have the following traits:
  • +8 Strength
  • +2 Toughness (Impervious)
  • Immovable 1
  • Super-Strength 1
  • Three times the weight of a Hylian of similar size.
[/spoiler]

Healthy Diet
Diet, How the Hell Is He Eating That
Matter-Eater (Immunity+Drain) (5+2) (7) (5+1/rk)
Flaws: Limited (Rocks only - Drain) (-1)
[spoiler]
Effect: Trait
Saving Throw N/A

Gorons subsist on a diet of rocks. Those found within Dodongo's Cave are especially delicious to them. Pity that, you know, Dodongos live there.
[/spoiler]

Point Cost: 18

Kokiri
Abilities: See below
Powers:
Childlike Body
Innate, Physiology
Shrinking (4) (5) (1/rk)
[spoiler]
Saving Throw N/A

Kokiri are small and look much like hylian children, both in appearance and stature. They have the following traits:
  • -4 Strength
  • -1 Toughness
  • Small size, with all benefits and drawbacks thereof.
[/spoiler]
Feats: Sidekick (Fairy) 4+
[spoiler]The fairy has the following powers:
Diminutive Body
Innate, Physiology
Shrinking (16) (17) (1/rk)
[spoiler]
Saving Throw N/A

Kokiri fairies are tiny, glowing orbs of light with wings. They have the following traits:
  • -16 Strength (Min 1)
  • -4 Toughness
  • Fine size, with all benefits and drawbacks thereof.
[/spoiler]

Itty Bitty Fairy Wings
Innate, Physiology
Flight (1) (3) (2/rk)
[spoiler]
Saving Throw N/A

A kokiri fairy can fly at 10 mph. Seriously, if you need more of a description on this, you might want to just crack open the dictionary.
[/spoiler]

Add additional ranks in Sidekick to modify your very own fairy. Who says that all fairies need to be annoying know-it alls that shout "Hey! Listen!" at the most inopportune times? Alternatively, if you want to be mean, make it Minion 2 instead of Sidekick 4.[/spoiler]

Point Cost: 9

Zora
Abilities: +4 Dex
Powers:
Amphibious
Innate, Respiratory
Immunity (1) (2) (1/rk)
[spoiler]
Saving Throw N/A

Zora are completely amphibious and can function on land as well as in the water. They are immune to drowning.[/spoiler]

Able Swimmer
Innate, Movement
Swimming (3) (4) (1/rk)
[spoiler]
Saving Throw N/A

Zoras can swim at 10 mph. That's it, go home now.
[/spoiler]
Feats: Environmental Adaptation (Underwater)

Point cost: 11[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #117 on: July 04, 2010, 03:44:09 AM »
How'd you stat this spellcard I wonder.

Marisa's Blazing Star
Summary:
Stick the mini Hakkero in her broomstick, fire Master Spark and ride the recoil.

EDIT: lol, I just noticed that Marisa takes no damage during the spell card. And she times out by flying off screen and exploding into stars.

Maybe she ran into a wall.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 03:47:05 AM by veekie »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #118 on: July 04, 2010, 10:53:20 AM »
Hmm. Probably a Hero Pointed alternate power of Master Spark, including extra Speed ranks and a damaging Aura, then just try to Overrun or Slam. The stars might be another lower-rank area Aura.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #119 on: July 04, 2010, 11:46:22 AM »
The stars seem to be a linked Continous duration damaging area attack shes throwing off, though going by the finish, Marisa as usual slapped Full Power on it.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]