Author Topic: Martyr of Ilmater and killing yourself  (Read 5747 times)

DavidWL

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Martyr of Ilmater and killing yourself
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 03:00:19 AM »
That's a very cool class.  Another thing of note is that it is the only class I can think of that can give 5 bonus feats of _any_ type in 10 levels.  What to do with that, I don't know ... it could be good for a lot of odd ideas ...
  • Leadership Junkies like Sam, who take: Leadership, Improved Cohort, Undead Leadership, Draconic Cohort, Landlord, Mercantile, etc...
  • Chameleons using extra spell to climb up the spellcasting ladder (very feat hungry).  XXX5/Chameleon 7/Initiate of Illmatar 8

However, when you add in Holy Suffering, the bonus feats, and Divine grace, it really is a cool and flavorful class with some great abilities. 

I'm wondering ... what about a mix of Initiator + Martyred Champion of Illmatar ... healing from devoted spirit, feats from Martyred champion + maneuvers ....

Best,
David
Some Cool Quotes:  [spoiler]
Quote from: unknown
Non-PC activities like out of combat healing should be left to wands and NPCs. It's not fun to play a walking wand of CLW. Likewise, being a combat wall is not a viable PC role. A Wall of Force could do that.

-Sort of, but you left out the important note that a Wall of Force does it better.

Quote from: Runestar / skydragonknight
The most powerful character is the one that you actually get to play.

Quote from: Operation Shoestring
I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/spoiler]
DavidWL's Random Build Archive

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 05:41:24 AM »
Blood of the Martyr from BoED makes this super easy to pull off. Transfer any amount of hitpoints from yourself to anyone within Medium range. Explicitly counts as damage.  :love

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 04:59:50 PM »
Blood of the Martyr from BoED makes this super easy to pull off. Transfer any amount of hitpoints from yourself to anyone within Medium range. Explicitly counts as damage.  :love

problem solved. unless the enemy is using resources to prevent you from hurting yourself, which is kinda starnge.
"There's more to apocalypse than running around like a maniac you know"
-B. M. Evilwizardington.
blogging at disasters made in china

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2010, 06:06:48 PM »
Was sitting in lecture today thinking about this. And I'm pretty sure it's the best possible Healer any group could ever want.

Cleric 6/Martyred Champion 5/PrC Paladin 1/Dweomerkeeper 8
(Su)Invoke Magic and Delay Death Persisted
Persist Greater Vigor for fast healing 4, which heals 5760hp over 24 hours.
Contingency to Invoke Magic Plane Shift away from AMF
Cast Blessing of the Martyr on everyone you know.
Take Battle Blessing.
Cha>Wis>Str and dump the rest.
Chain Blood of the Martyr every round and do whatever the hell you want with your +40 Skills, Attacks and Saves. Which you do spontaneously.
No one near you ever gets killed by HP damage unless they get 1 rounded. Except you also persisted Favor of Ilmater so you Celerity all day long.
Take the Hero domain. Persist Giant Size.
Grab a Wrathful Splitting Hank's Bow.
Persist Giant Size and walk into melee, threating with IUS, while shooting everyone with your bow, eating AoOs.
Still have one (Su) spell left per day to drop on shit like Miracle or True Resurrection.

Buyoff the Saint template to get even sillier.